It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant UFO's

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikora

I haven't had time to read all responses here but I did just think "... What if there are tiny UFO's too?".

Good point! As someone said earlier, perhaps (if it were in fact an alien construct and not of human design) the ships would reflect the size of the occupants, and whatever world they hail from...it would stand to reason that if there are giant ones, there would be some Lilliputian ones out there too.

ETA: Maybe that's what my dogs have been barking at in the middle of the night for the last three weeks...hmmmmmmm....

edit on 31062America/ChicagoWed, 19 Aug 2015 14:06:59 -050031pm31230America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: punctuation

edit on 31092America/ChicagoWed, 19 Aug 2015 14:09:42 -050031pm31230America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: eta

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I haven't had time to read all responses here but I did just think "... What if there are tiny UFO's too?".

ETA: Maybe that's what my dogs have been barking at in the middle of the night for the last three weeks...hmmmmmmm....

Never really thought about it until I read this post. I guess it's because we so often only recognise extra terrestrials as being in our image, thus the same size as us.

Dogs barking at nothing is usually associated with ghosts but it does make sense as a possibility

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

With a magnetic field surrounding the starship...it will protect the crew and craft from dangerous high energy particles. I also believe that the magnetic field will protect the starship when it breaks the speed of light barrier.

Yes...I know that these starships that occasionally visit our planet are not of this earth, and that these ET aliens have possibly broken the speed of light barrier with there starships; and travel in the superluminal realm outside of star systems.

I was browsing over at ATS's Space Exploration forum, about a thread concerning Cern's release statement that they are creating a superconducting magnetic shield for astronauts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-8-2015 by Erno86 because: typo error

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
With a magnetic field surrounding the starship...it will protect the crew and craft from dangerous high energy particles. I also believe that the magnetic field will protect the starship when it breaks the speed of light barrier.

It's all good and fine... except when you encounter rocks in space that are not magnetic.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

It's all good and fine... except when you encounter rocks in space that are not magnetic.

If the magnetic shields have the ability to contain highly pressurized electrified fusion plasma...they should be able to deflect anything --- magnetic or non-magnetic.

Just my 02.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Please, elaborate about the magnetic (or not) rocks. Why would it matter? It's a genuine question btw..I'm not being a smartass.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

If the magnetic shields have the ability to contain highly pressurized electrified fusion plasma...they should be able to deflect anything --- magnetic or non-magnetic.

Just my 02.

Yes, I was thinking the same....it would deflect whatever might come into contact with it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I was browsing over at ATS's Space Exploration forum, about a thread concerning Cern's release statement that they are creating a superconducting magnetic shield for astronauts.

Aha!! CERN again...do you ever get just a hunch about something? That you cannot explain? I've got one about CERN...and did, ever since the first time I read about their research. I believe that if this tech exists, and I think it truly does, they are involved in it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It would certainly explain a lot of weirdness that's been going on with the animals at my house...not just the barking but other oddities. I'm joking, but not joking...if that makes sense. I think I'd prefer the giants over some tiny things that could be everywhere and the only ones who notice them are the animals. At least if they were hostile beings, we'd SEE them coming if they were flying around in enormous ships!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Just my 02.

It works on the fusion plasma because the fusion plasma has a net charge or is magnetized. Materials that are not electrically charged and non-magnetized will not be effected by electromagnetic fields.
edit on 20-8-2015 by halfmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfmask

Just my 02.

It works on the fusion plasma because the fusion plasma has a net charge or is magnetized. Materials that are not electrically charged and non-magnetized will not be effected by electromagnetic fields.

"We can suspend a frog in a very strong magnetic field and presumably an even bigger one might be used to manipulate non-metallic objects if we could create it."

"I visualize a force field that projects an indestructible shell that oncoming objects can never break. Further, the velocity of the incoming objects is irrelevant, where the solid object harmlessly rolls off."

"Magnetic levitation --- The two primary issues involved in magnetic levitation are lifting force: Providing an upward force sufficient to counteract gravity and stability: Ensuring that the system does not spontaneously slide or flip into a configuration where the lift is neutralized.

Magnetic levitation is used for Maglev trains, contactless melting, magnetic bearings and for product display purposes."

"Strong magnetic fields prevent black holes from gorging on gas and dust. Coiled magnetic fields have the magnetic field strength match the force produced by the black holes powerful gravitational pull. With the two forces balancing out, a cloud of gas caught on top of the magnetic field would be spared the pull of gravity and instead levitate in place."

So with my theory of having a micro-mini black hole (the size of less than one proton weighing less that two million tons) installed onboard a saucer-shaped starship: The micro-mini black hole would produce it's own magnetic field/fields, so as to provide anti-grav properties for the starship, a double magnetic shield to contain the fusion plasma and strong enough to have high-speed solid objects that the starship might encounter...to have them levitate and harmlessly role-off the magnetic shield.

Space time is warped around the the black hole starship, where it would allow funnel portals for the gravitational pull of the black hole to funnel in starlight or plasma photons from an external source, in order too rotate around the accretion disk, and have the photons ejected out of the black hole's one or two magnetic poles, funneled out thru various thruster ports at near the speed of light.

The free bird saucer starship, should have the ability to easily reach the speed of light --- increasing speed exponentially squared --- into the superluminal realm.

Cheers,

Erno
edit on 20-8-2015 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 20-8-2015 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Fog or Frog? I can't find a case of fog being suspended by a magnetic field, only frog shows up in my searches. Can you link the Fog case? Also from what I understand Fog is composed mostly of water H20 which has a dipole charge, so it would not be surprising, as far as I understand, for a strong electromagnetic field to effect it. But I off hand do not know of cases of non charged non magnetic materials being effected by electromagnetic fields. Note that I only start my advanced electromagnetism courses this year, I will know much more at the end of this year.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: halfmask

Google: A FROG in a strong magnetic field

or...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-8-2015 by Erno86 because: trying to get link to work

edit on 21-8-2015 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 21-8-2015 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Well frogs have metal in them, like iron, which is ferromagnetic, so it is not surprising that a strong magnetic field would lift a frog.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

"Often UFO's have a very strong magnetic field."
www.hyper.net...

"A plasma will simply reflect radio waves below a certain frequency (characteristic electron plasma frequency.)"

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 25-8-2015 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 25-8-2015 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

That still does not solve the problem of stopping non magnetic non charged matter from hitting the craft; this was the original point from Blue Shift that has yet to be addressed.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Well frogs have metal in them, like iron, which is ferromagnetic, so it is not surprising that a strong magnetic field would lift a frog.
That's not how it works.
A drop of distilled water can be magnetically levitated, given a strong enough field.
www.ru.nl...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Many thanks, Phage
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now...continuing on about the possibility of why some lighted UFO's look so large to the naked eye --- When in reality...we are looking at the starship's outer magnetic field with the plasma safely encased inside it --- That being...the actual starship encased in the plasma shield, would have to be smaller in size in relation to the magnetic field.

Here are a few quotes on the internet from: Plasma Shields - Orbital Vector

"Plasma shields may turn out to be the closest 'realistic' technology can come to mimicking the nigh-magical force fields of science fiction.

Plasma shields postulate using cold plasmas in conjunction with powerful electromagnetic fields to protect spaceships from hazards. This type of shield is thought to be most useful against space-born radiation, but they could also offer decent protection against micrometeoroids, shrapnel, beam weapons, and other types of physical damage if made sufficiently potent.

The ship generates an electromagnetic field about itself, much as in the case of electromagnetic defense shields. In this case, however, cold plasmas are ejected around the ship and held in place by the magnetic fields. As the plasma is itself electrically charged, it adds to the fields strength, allowing it to obtain much greater resilience at lower power levels than the magnetic fields alone.

The powerful magnetic field will turn away the charged particles that make-up space-born radiation hazards such as the solar wind. Physical objects such as micrometeoroids or shrapnel will become ionized on encountering the outer edges of the field and can be deflected by the like-charged but much stronger inner portions of the field, assuming the field is made strong enough to overcome their kinetic energy.

The ionized plasma particles of the field will greatly aid this effect, by knocking off surface electrons via impacts on incoming objects and by setting up swirling electrical eddies throughout the field.

The denser the plasma in the field, the better the field will be at deflection. Dense plasma shields also offer protection against beam weapons, such as lasers by creating an obscuring cloud that can dissipate the beam's energy. The plasma cloud can also help stymie the neutral particle beams used in combat."

edit on 26-8-2015 by Erno86 because: trying to get link to work

edit on 26-8-2015 by Erno86 because: removed link due to failure to link

edit on 26-8-2015 by Erno86 because: typo error

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Okay I stand corrected its not from Iron, but it is from materials in the frog that are dia-magnetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join