It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lowe's Delivery Man Called Back When Customer Asks For White Worker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Does that policy include cakes and photos?

Just jerking your chain

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
should she company have just said "screw the customer" and cancelled the order out of principle?

Yes. Period. End of story.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
. The more interesting question is have we the right any more to choose who we let into our homes, and is it raciest to say who you want and who you dont.

i dont think that question is interesting at all.
of course a person has the right to decide who comes into their homes.
in the end this person could be the biggest racist on the planet. while it is not cool it is also not illegal.

i dont think lowes did anything wrong either.
stores are all about customer satisfaction. so, they satisfied her.

if you think about it, why should she be told she has to come pick up the item in the store then?
lowes has more than 1 delivery driver. she requested another and thats what she got.

again, not cool but not illegal

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Only grumpy cat is smarter. The lady looks like she's never smiled a day in her life. I don't even know why people continue to amaze me, but they do.

The KKK will show up for a potluck by Saturday I guess. Maybe she will smile then...

As for those saying Lowes should have refused service.... Has anyone been paying attention to what has been happening to those businesses who have been refusing service? I imagine they didn't quite know what to do and in return they got fired for it anyway. Maybe they should have used this as a time to train instead of blame?
edit on 8/11/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Its racist if the only reason is due to skin, if the driver was able to get a job like this then I would imagine that comes with some kind of background check. Now if she said please don't send a sex offender or a burglar to my house that would not be racist.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Very true, Lowe's didn't make the decision the employee of Lowe's did, and Lowe's summarily fired him.

And this is for everyone else:

That brings another question to mind: the employee is acting on behalf of Lowe's, so his actions are representative of Lowe's by default. Now, if the manager had done something differently, such as tell the customer she would have to pick the item up at the store because he's not sending out another, white delivery person, what would have happened? If he politely told the customer to stick it, what would have happened to *him*?

Likely the customer would have picked it up and that's that (if the customer had the means), but perhaps the customer calls corporate and complains. Would Lowe's have stood behind the manager for refusing to deliver or would it pull the "you're harming our customers/interfering with profit, regardless of how ignorant they are?" Something to also think about.

I have worked in industries such as this in the past, and I bet corporate would definitely accommodate the delivery (hint hint: by a white person, although they wouldn't admit in so many words: We'll get someone RIGHT out to you, ma'am) to satisfy the customer. In this case, and because of the manager's decision, it's the media attention that, well, is helping to inflate the issue.

Either way, it looks like it might fall back on the manager. Damned if you do, damned it ya....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

How did the manager inflame this?

One could very well say that the delivery driver or the customer inflamed this.

The manager saying, "look they don't want you there and they don't want you in their house. I don't care but the customer does."

The driver could've just shrugged if off as "ok, I don't want to go back anyway to those damned racist honkies."

Either way, the black man is NOT making that delivery because the customer refuses. Why make a fuss...to the media?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

Its racist if the only reason is due to skin, if the driver was able to get a job like this then I would imagine that comes with some kind of background check. Now if she said please don't send a sex offender or a burglar to my house that would not be racist.

so its racist....
and?
its her house.
she is allowed to be racist and she is allowed to not want someone in her house for whatever reason she chooses.
hell, she dont even need a reason.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

originally posted by: JHumm

so its racist....
and?
its her house.
she is allowed to be racist and she is allowed to not want someone in her house for whatever reason she chooses.
hell, she dont even need a reason.

I've seen this story before:

"I ain't racist! I just don't want no black folk in my house!"

That said, yes, it is her house. She can be an ass as much as she wants and she can refuse whatever she wants, as disgusting as it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Yes, she can be racist in her own house. So can you, or anybody else who wants to be racist. Fret not, nobody is taking anybody's racism away! There's nothing illegal about being stupid and hateful. Likewise, there's nothing illegal about the rest of society calling those folks out on it.
edit on 8/11/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

youre right.
just wanted to be on the same page

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Makes me wonder, if that hateful woman was drowning and that black man delivery driver attempted to help her would she refuse the service?
What a douche bag.
Her right, yes. Damn shame so many good men have died, black included, to defend her right to be so ignorant and hateful.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just...sad.

I don't know what else to say, really.

Other than I agree with this...1000%. Not that I believe a company would give up money for morality.

originally posted by: reldra
Lowes should DEFINITELY said "I'm sorry, then we can't accommodate you. You can pick up the item in-store." For moral as well as legal reasons. Any store that would not send a black delilvery/install person because the customer asked could quite possibly become a broke store.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I wonder if Comcast accommodates her when she calls in for support, LOL?

At least Lowes did the appropriate thing and fired the manager under the grounds of stupidity.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
When did they know this was a requirement?

If it was at the time of sale, they should have told her 'no' on the spot, end of trouble.

If she let them know when the delivery man was out already, I'd have told her we couldn't accommodate her requirement and she could either pick it up or cancel the purchase, and I'd tell the driver to bring her crap back to the store because I wasn't comfortable sending him into that sort of situation.

Your employees are with you long term. A jerk customer comes and goes. I wouldn't send my staff anywhere they might be subjected to some #-headed jackass's behavior.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Sure "the customer is always right" but the business has the right to not serve someone if there's an issue like this(as long as it doesn't violate race, disability, etc., of the person complaining).

Guess there's the margin where an employee can be confused, may have been new situation for the manager, and of course he didn't go about the right way. He should have said they don't accommodate to sending certain delivery personal to certain places due to preferences and the man is the designated delivery person, and that's that.
edit on 12-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: texas thinker
Makes me wonder, if that hateful woman was drowning and that black man delivery driver attempted to help her would she refuse the service?
What a douche bag.
Her right, yes. Damn shame so many good men have died, black included, to defend her right to be so ignorant and hateful.

she probably would.
i know people in my life that i would not let in my house(not for race reasons....personal) but would gladly let them save my life. matter of face if they did save my life i would probably let them in my house again

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I had a large paper rout in a black neighborhood. About 98% black, I lived there. Anyway I had a few customers who thought it was outrageous that they couldn't find some qualified black person to take the position. Comments were made. Otherwise no problems really. I had one customer that had one of those little black lamp holder jockeys.......and he painted it white. Funny really.

In the Lowes case I cant believe that the order wasn't passed down in a discreet manner. Its really the drivers job to just take the orders given. No one is owed an explanation when passing out deliveries. Sounds as if someone let the driver know about it in a hurtful manner without any discression.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

We have a good deal of charter school around here. I received information about one in the mail. The area was demographically black for the large part. I inquired and was made to know that they were not taking white kids.

We also had what is called an alternative school that was about 50/50 white/black in a mostly black area. The administration changed in the school system and put out new rules that this school in question should racially reflect the demographic racially. So they cut the whites out considerably. Now this is a system like many that take federal money.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

this

When asked her side of the story, the woman who came to the door said, "I got a right to have whatever I want and that's it."

is the worlds problem. it seems she forgot to pay lip service by adding to the end "as long as it doesn't harm anyone else."

i'm glad she doesn't "want" very much. i would have to give her more than she bargained for. i hate idiots (and groups of idiots) trying to usurp the throne of god.

edit on 12-8-2015 by fixitwcw because: typo,syntax,clarity

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join