It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lowe's Delivery Man Called Back When Customer Asks For White Worker

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
As utterly ridiculous and racist as this is, I used to do delivery work. In some neighborhoods where I grew up, white, Mexican, and Asian delivery drivers are not welcome. Seriously, it does happen in reverse.

I once heard a black woman from the kitchen tell her daughter to "get that white boy outta my house". Her daughter was embarrassed. I didn't want to make it any worse, and left as quick as I was able.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I think things like Ferguson are causing people who maybe weren't racist before, to be racist now.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Well that isn't racist though, you are white.

A white male to make it worse.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Ugh, SHAME on Lowes...

SHAME, on that woman.

How are people with this kind of attitude even still alive?

Screw him for trying to make a living because, hes a black man right? Jesus Christ.

If there is a God, she needs to find him because that is ugly, and God doesn't like ugly. (That's what I hear anyway)

-Alee

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

This lady looks like one of those, "the customer is ALWAYS right damn you!" people that make working in sales so irritating. Screw her, she shouldn't have been catered to like that. Loews should have charged her for the second delivery.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

How are people with this kind of attitude even still alive?

Oh I don't know....How many are still alive from the slavery days? Or is that like ancient history to you personally?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This lady looks like one of those, "the customer is ALWAYS right damn you!" people that make working in sales so irritating. Screw her, she shouldn't have been catered to like that. Loews should have charged her for the second delivery.

Good point! I didn't think of that. They should make that standard practice for situations like this.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Home Depot just gained a customer and Lowes lost one......me

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Now look, I'm against the racism and all, and the Lowe's employees choice. But Lowe's itself A: Fired the Person who made this choice, and B: Does not support the decision of their employee in this matter.

I have issues with people holding entire companies accountable for the actions of one employee who they disciplined severely and clearly disagree with.

Same with holding anyone accountable for the actions of someone they are associated with, even if they clearly disagreed with said actions and made every possible recourse to demonstrate that disagree, all the way to the point of severing their association with said individual.

Is like my niece and her family swearing off all coke products even though they like coke, all because one of their drivers killed a family member in a accident. It was one driver, not the coke cola company, nor the product that killed him. This whole mentality is silly.

I mean absolutely what point is there to the company disciplining the employee who did the wrong, and making restitutions to those wronged by the employee who disregarded the companies already existing anti-discrimination policies if people are going to knee jerk black list the company anyway?

The company itself did no wrong here, the employee did, and the company is doing everything in it's power to correct the issue.

Addendum: Blacklisting/Boycotting a company has a time and place. When a company does or is doing wrong, and fails to do anything to change it. Not when an employee does wrong and the company does everything in it's power to correct the issue. The company is actually doing what it's SUPPOSED to do in this scenario. That is the opposite of boycott worthy.
edit on 8/11/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/11/2015 by Puppylove because: Addendums are fun

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The customer has the constitutional right to do this.......The company has the constitutional right to choose it's customers also.......See how this works.

The company should have refused her service after her deplorable behavior. Truth be told if you owned a company and only wanted to serve gay Muslim Black women you should have the constitutional rights to do just that.....It is called private property for a reason. Business conducted by the state by law is open to everyone. We are so far down the path of tyranny the common man/woman has no idea what real freedom even looks like anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The customer does have a right to refuse service. Companies have the right to refuse service. Regardless of the why, would the same issue be as sensitive if it had been a black customer refusing a white worker? or an Asian customer refusing a Hispanic worker?

I think the biggest mistake was informing the worker the reason why. The manager should have just simply said the customer changed their mind, which is the customers prerogative.

Is the customer racist? Perhaps. Was the manager wrong in the handling of the situation? Perhaps. Did the worker deserve to be treated that way. No. Nobody deserves to be treated with disrespect, but I think the manager inflamed this situation and deserved to be fired.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I have issues with people holding entire companies accountable for the actions of one employee who they disciplined severely and clearly disagree with.

I guess I should have explained my other reasons, besides overreacting and firing the employee that should have just been given additional training.
Lowes isn't as price competetive as HD, Lowes hires kids that wouldn't know a ratchet wrench from a cotter key.
The register lines get very very long until they call another checker at lowes.
Lowes wouldn't give me a contractors/ non taxables account.

I have issues with people jumping to conclusions.

edit on 11-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The woman's resemblance to 'Grumpy cat' is quite extraordinary...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Those are reasonable reasons, but have literally nothing to do with what happened in this thread, which is what you were responding to when you made your statement. My assumption was a completely reasonable one given what little information you provided.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
The woman's resemblance to 'Grumpy cat' is quite extraordinary...

Holy crap that is spot on.......She is grumpy cat's human twin. From the look of her and her actions the frown lines and angry vacant face and eyes are very fitting. I bet she is a very lonely, sad, pathetic lady.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This kind of reminds me of a joke that I heard a long time ago.
It used to be common to have "coming out" parties to introduce young women to society. At the time
a military officer was considered good "husband" material, so the people throwing the party used to call the
local military installation to invite young officers to these parties.

So one day a Navy base gets a call inviting about 40 young officers to a party. The woman on the phone tells the Navy officer on the phone that she wants only nice young men, but, no Jews or Negros.
The night of the party 40 young Black Naval officers show up at the party. The woman who handled the invitation said "there must be a mistake". An officer replies, "No, Commander Cohen does not make mistakes".

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As much as I absolutely hate it even when it isn't this extreme and unreasonable I always operate under the premise the customer is right. Always. It doesn't matter how crazy and racist they are but I would give my employee a bonus for putting up with this outrageous behavior from the customer.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonySarc
As much as I absolutely hate it even when it isn't this extreme and unreasonable I always operate under the premise the customer is right. Always. It doesn't matter how crazy and racist they are but I would give my employee a bonus for putting up with this outrageous behavior from the customer.

The customer is not always right and the company has the constitutional right to serve whoever they want. The customer also has this right and if she want to be a mean spirited bigoted old bag she has the right.

If I was making the call........No more stove for you because your values do not match mine. Individual rights that you are born with protected by a written constitution.
edit on 11-8-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

The customer is not always right and the company has the constitutional right to serve whoever they want. The customer also has this right and if she want to be a mean spirited bigoted old bag she has the right.

Of course they have the right to only serve who they want. The customer is always right is just my personal policy and it has served my business well. That said, I have never had to deal with racism from a customer. It's a tough situation especially when you consider the delivery guy probably isn't just going to make that one stop when he goes out. Sending two guys out to the same area might cut into the costs too much to make it a good idea.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Of course they have the right to only serve who they want. The customer is always right is just my personal policy and it has served my business well. That said, I have never had to deal with racism from a customer. It's a tough situation especially when you consider the delivery guy probably isn't just going to make that one stop when he goes out. Sending two guys out to the same area might cut into the costs too much to make it a good idea.

It is a business model that works and for good reason.....Happy customers make return customers. I am really glad others see that private businesses have the constitutional right to refuse service based on their criteria not the governments criteria. This is what liberty really looks like.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join