It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
My sources cannot confirm such a story but if it really did happen , such a nice shot .

may your bullets fly

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Kapusta

a reply to: Kapusta

Actually the SAS could be using that new guided ammo they came out with from DARPA

We can only go off what the news link presented , It said nothing about guided ammo ....

Besides It's been pointed out that the news link is a sketchy source .

Wait wait i minute i seem to remember a scope with a built in targeting computer that can make 1 thousand yard plus shot accurately first shot every time. Its not th eguided bullet though.

OK ? but still the News link says nothing about that . We have to go off what we know .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
At a 1000 miles, using their binoculars they could see a lot of bodies beheaded on the ground and terrorized people with tears on their faces!

Really??? Hawk eyed SAS!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
All this he would not aim at the head crap , does it sday he aimed at the head , perhaps it was centre mass and he missed by a foot or so . And for the doubters , tonight the odds of winning lotto are about 1 in 58million , guess what , someone will eventually win it . 3 shots from 3 by trained special forces , plausible . More than plausible .
edit on 11-8-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
At a 1000 miles, using their binoculars they could see a lot of bodies beheaded on the ground and terrorized people with tears on their faces!

Really??? Hawk eyed SAS!

nope not 1000 miles , 1000 yards .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Actually the SAS could be using that new guided ammo they came out with from DARPA

We can only go off what the news link presented , It said nothing about guided ammo ....

Besides It's been pointed out that the news link is a sketchy source .

Wait wait i minute i seem to remember a scope with a built in targeting computer that can make 1 thousand yard plus shot accurately first shot every time. Its not th eguided bullet though.

OK ? but still the News link says nothing about that . We have to go off what we know .

But its logical to assume a tier one special forces unit will have the best gear money can buy.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ken10
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well since we are not talking about innocent civvies going about their daily business in a safe country, but are soldiers on a battlefield...I'm pretty sure when Abdul hit the floor they knew exactly what was occurring lol

Abdul didn't just hit the ground ....His head exploded !

.50 to the head ......He Gone!

a 50 cal to the body, most of the body gone....youtube 50 cal sniper, they tear a body apart.

That's why whoever wrote the story is just making up sensationalist BS for the dumb to salivate over. Dont you think the easy shot would be centre body mass. A shot that has enough kenetic impact to literally exploded a person. Dont you believe special forces know this.??

Three Head shots my arse. Take my hand, we can jump into the real world together. A story up there with ISIS Fed Mother her son IMO.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Haha, despite the fact this is more evidence of unsanctioned British meddling in the M.E., I would suggest it's the least they can do seeing as their masters created the ISIS mess in the first place.

For every 2 that have been saved, there's thousands who weren't so lucky or at least, thousands who wouldn't have needed saved but for the sheer incompetency & greed of western powers.

Unsanctioned by whom? The Syrian government? They are in no position to adequately take the fight to ISIS and other terrorist groups in the country, and the Syrian representative to the UN was informed beforehand, that the US and its allies would take action inside their state. The region seems to support the move, and the allies have not attacked Syrian government targets. As for Iraq, they requested the aid and military support of the USA and its allies, so our action in Iraq is sanctioned by its government.

While it can be argued that this mess is primarily due to the American-led intervention of Iraq in 2003, the allies effectively destroyed ISIS (then AQI) during, and after, the uprisings in the mid 2000's. The USA left Iraq at the request of its government, but only after rooting out ISIS commanders and leaving it effectively in ruin. It can therefore be argued that the current situation has been directly influenced by a number of factors, including:

- The Iraqi government forcing the allies out of the country.
- The Iraqi government not continuing to root out and destroy terrorist elements in the country.
- The Iraqi government alienating other groups, including Sunni Muslims, Kurds, Yazidis etc.

The fact is that while our interference in Iraq left the country in chaos, we managed to stabalise it before we were forced out by the new Iraqi government, which was primarily led by Shiite leaders who didn't balance the needs of the people adequately enough. This left enough space for AQI to transform into ISIS, and gain a foothold by using the situations of both Iraq and Syria to its advantage.
edit on 11-8-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
1000 meters is a decent shot with 50BMG. It's definitely in a M82A1's effective range, although I don't know what weapon this guy used. In fact, if you're considered expert with the M82 you ought to be able to pop a human sized target at nearly twice that range, all factors being in your favor. In fact, IIRC, you can't get on the iron sights for about 100 meters and the scopes generally have a minimum distance of about 300 meters. Closer, it's sort of hard to use other than something crude like shooting it off the sling with a mag full of tracer rounds.

An intentional head shot is a lot harder than a center mass shot. And you have to figure that at THAT range, you have to not only limit your breathing, heart beat and involuntary muscle corrections to a minimum, you have to factor in major drop and windage. The windage on a normal day will constantly vary, and you have to correct a LOT at 1000 meters, unless it's dead still, and that can take some getting used to. So windage corrections are a crap shoot. Drop you can sort of count on. Little tiny things like your shoulder mount consistency and cant angle will rear their ugly heads, unless this guy shot off a hard mount like a vehicle pintle. Some people have a lot of issues with canting the rifle and have to use scopes with cant angle indicators to keep the thing square.

In addition, ball ammo for 50BMG is going to take about a second and a quarter to GET there. So you have to aim for where the target WILL be over a second later. If they're moving around a lot, you have to either hail mary the thing and aim where you think they'll end up or you have to wait for them to hold still. THAT actually helps you on the next shots.

A real issue with shooting a 50BMG for long shots is that it just shoves the crap out of you, especially on a monopod or bipod. You get the first shot 'for free' in that you have a comparatively long time to get the shot set up. But once you fire the first time, it's sort of like the jolly green giant hitting you in the face with a really solid pillow. The kick's not that bad, if you have a muzzle brake. Without, it can be a lot more attention getting. But unless you're on a pintle mount or something equivalent, it's going to totally knock you off your sight picture either way.

Now, mother nature buys you a free two seconds - at 1000 yards, it's going to take two seconds for the sound to get there after the round hits and sends the first guy to Allah. The other guys on scene are going to hear something like a watermelon falling off a 10 story building and their buddy is mostly going to hit the ground. It's not going to be immediately obvious why, and 99.9% of people are going to freeze and try to process what's going on. That buys you a second or two to get back on target, but at that distance it's going to be really tough to get your sight picture back and fire two more times if you're freehanding it off a bipod.

But you absolutely can make that shot once, maybe twice with a Barrett at that distance. Some people are better at reacquiring the sight picture and firing the second time. Some are better at long shots, but take longer to re-acquire. You'd have to have mad skillz to take three shots at 1000 meters and get all three off a bipod.

As far as that goes, you could hit someone with an M14 out to 4 or 500 meters with a bit of effort, and you could easily do 1000 meters with a Barrett Lapua. In fact, it would be a lot easier to get back on target and fire again with the Lapua, and it's a lot easier to pack in.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: ken10
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well since we are not talking about innocent civvies going about their daily business in a safe country, but are soldiers on a battlefield...I'm pretty sure when Abdul hit the floor they knew exactly what was occurring lol

Abdul didn't just hit the ground ....His head exploded !

.50 to the head ......He Gone!

a 50 cal to the body, most of the body gone....youtube 50 cal sniper, they tear a body apart.

That's why whoever wrote the story is just making up sensationalist BS for the dumb to salivate over. Dont you think the easy shot would be centre body mass. A shot that has enough kenetic impact to literally exploded a person. Dont you believe special forces know this.??

Three Head shots my arse. Take my hand, we can jump into the real world together. A story up there with ISIS Fed Mother her son IMO.

hey lets go! I have been trying to argue that point through this whole thread . its all sensational hogwash . only i the rest of the members would deny ignorance and see what we see .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Nice reply and i hate to nit pick . But they don't get to see Allah

at 1000 yards, it's going to take two seconds for the sound to get there after the round hits and sends the first guy to Allah.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

ty for the info provided . In your expert opinion , do you really think 3 guys all took 1000 yard shots ? the first being a head shot with the 50. silenced ? we didn't factor in that part .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Nice reply and i hate to nit pick . But they don't get to see Allah

at 1000 yards, it's going to take two seconds for the sound to get there after the round hits and sends the first guy to Allah.

Allah Knows best

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

In your opinion would they ? . Or is it more likely hellfire .

(post by Soloprotocol removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This article sounds like propaganda, but i don't think its contents is entirely unreasonable for the SAS.

We must remember that the SAS is a special forces unit which has members who are very much capable of feats such as this. These are guys who will be looked back upon in the future as the best fighters of this generation, much like we look at the best historical units of warfare.

As to those who argue that there is no way the SAS unit understood the intricate details on the ground while perched at their advantage point, it is possible that the Iraqi spy who is mentioned in the story provided them with the information. After all, the article indicates that the SAS arrived at the location as a result of the intelligence.

I'm not prepared to write this story off completely. It could be a propaganda story, but we know for a fact that allied special forces from the USA, UK, Australia, Canada etc are operating in the area, and we all know that they are more than capable at these types of things.

edit on 11-8-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

In your opinion would they ? . Or is it more likely hellfire .

from a religious Opinion , If they commit acts of disbelief ,then no doubt .

If they are Khuaraij , then no doubt they have a first class ticket to Hell .

one could say hell is a separation from god ,from eternal bliss

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join