It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

ISIS militants had decreed that the little boy and his father must die after branding them "infidels" because they refused to denounce their faith. They were just seconds from death when the hero sniper intervened to stop the barbaric killing in the Syrian desert.
The pair were part of the minority Shia sect of Islam which ISIS considers to be heretical.
Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

great shootin!

further down in the in the article it says that isis, hasn't returned. afraid of being reached out to and touched.
edit on 10-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

ISIS militants had decreed that the little boy and his father must die after branding them "infidels" because they refused to denounce their faith. They were just seconds from death when the hero sniper intervened to stop the barbaric killing in the Syrian desert.

And the sniper knew all this from a thousand meters away ?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Haha, despite the fact this is more evidence of unsanctioned British meddling in the M.E., I would suggest it's the least they can do seeing as their masters created the ISIS mess in the first place.

For every 2 that have been saved, there's thousands who weren't so lucky or at least, thousands who wouldn't have needed saved but for the sheer incompetency & greed of western powers.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

SAS likely have them pissing there little jihad panties right now.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Haha, despite the fact this is more evidence of unsanctioned British meddling in the M.E., I would suggest it's the least they can do seeing as their masters created the ISIS mess in the first place.

For every 2 that have been saved, there's thousands who weren't so lucky or at least, thousands who wouldn't have needed saved but for the sheer incompetency & greed of western powers.

Unsanctioned?

We are at war! ISIS declared war on us!

They have also directly attacked France who is a NATO ally along with our ally Jordan.

ISIS crossed the line a long time ago.
edit on 10-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ken10

well yea, i mean you see a pile of dead bodies without heads, and a carzy man slapping a man and a boy standing over them with a knife it's not hard to know whats happening.

plus , from the article,

They were saved from a cruel and painful death at the hands of the fanatics after an Iraqi spy tipped off British special forces to the planned execution.

even if they weren't it's still not hard to see that they were cutting off the heads of people.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Unsanctioned?

The tories are operating the military in Syria without even asking parliament, it's unsanctioned.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If you read the article, they went in on prior information. They got there to see several headless bodies. The kid and his dad were presumably being held down whilst some psycho was waving a sword around them.

That's circumstantially enough to do what the sniper did without needing a conspiracy angle.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Unsanctioned?

The tories are operating the military in Syria without even asking parliament, it's unsanctioned.

Actually i believe if someone commits a act of war against you dont have too.
Your kinda in a de facto state of war.
edit on 10-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well done lads.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Good, send the #ers to their God. those British fellah's talk funny but they are a good shot and they are alright by me.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

From a kilometre away ?....Not sure what magnification the gun scopes have, even the spotter scopes would only be 60x or so, so I'm not sure they could see all that is claimed

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ken10

From a kilometre away ?....Not sure what magnification the gun scopes have, even the spotter scopes would only be 60x or so, so I'm not sure they could see all that is claimed

It would not be just them in the field. SAS operate in groups of four.

They likely had a couple closer, plus satellite and recon air imagery.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I see many stories coming out about ISIS and it kinda sounds like movie or book script. They are slowly over time getting us ready for the fight against ISIS and possibly Iran.

See we have one major problem guys........The military contractor industry needs to keep funded. The cold war was a perfect cover for huge budgets and easy money for projects. The industry really boomed and now we need conflict and war just to keep the economy afloat. This is a seriously slippery slope with serious implications for liberty and pursuit of happiness. ISIS is just another enemy to keep the ball/funding rolling.

Military contractors need to branch out and retool into emerging industries so eventually the world can get a rest from all out war. The world is actually far less active when it comes to large scale conflicts/wars and this trend will continue.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Unsanctioned?

Actually i believe if someone commits a act of war against you donr have too.

But Britain isn't at war with Syria

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Unsanctioned?

Actually i believe if someone commits a act of war against you donr have too.

But Britain isn't at war with Syria

But we are at war with ISIS.

For all intents and purposes that area of Syria is not Assads anymore. He lost it to ISIS a long time ago. Assad not exactly complaining on us killing these vermin.

link   

1.5 mile shot, confirmed kill it has and can be done.

nuff said

link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Alright I'm fine with acknowledging western meddling and such, and having a serious conversation about a solution. But can't we just celebrate a good shot saving some poor folks from getting their heads cut off in a random desert? # man sometimes a good kill is just a good kill and not some sinister plot to take over the world.

link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

The person who did it is one soldier, not the nations involved. Don't crap on his actions as he didn't create ISIS. He saved a couple of people and that's pretty great in nearly any context.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why do i feel like this story is a made up piece of sensational BS?

the crazed jihadi with a head shot from 1,000 metres away

likely not a head shot , that would be to risky ...body shot would be more in order... and exactly 1000 meters ..hmm

The special forces crack shot then killed two other members of the hated terror group,

so the rest of the team were able to hit their marks at 1000 meters as well ? ....

interesting ...

The SAS marksman, using a .50 calibre sniper rifle fitted with a silencer, killed the executioner just in time.

A .50 cal with a silencer? , I was under the impression the SAS would only use the .50 cal to take our light armored vehicles or use them to clear IED's , Other wise they would carry one of the following L115A,L115A3,L96A1 PM,L118a1 AW,L115A AWM,L115A3.

The source added: "The ISIS thug who was about to decapitate the father was shot in the head and collapsed.

if he got hit in the head by that .50 cal his head would go bye bye ..

"Everyone just stared in confusion. The sniper then dispatched the two henchmen with single shots – three kills with three bullets.

lol , what happened to one shot one kill ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join