It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

oh my bad!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I don't know if it's true or not, I'd like it to be (except for all of the people who were supposedly beheaded prior) but in all wars propaganda like this pops up.

The "evil barbarians" (the enemy) are demonized and de-humanized using language and stories of attrocities like like this, only to be thwarted by our brave super-hero guys who are always on the right of truth & justice.

In the First world war it was the "evil bosche" setting hospitals on fire & killing everyone inside (after first raping the nurses of course), or crucifying a Canadian soldier before castrating him, or of course in other conflicts there have been the evil soldiers throwing babies in the air and bayonetting them, and in Kuwait all of the "ill babies" were removed from their incubators so the "evil iraqis" could ship the incubators back to Iraq.

It's always the same story - weaker vulnerable people (babies, children, nurses, priests, etc) being subjected to horrendous violence by evil barbaric people, so that it doesn't just "justify" fighting them, it's why we HAVE to fight them.

Usually the stories are all made up though, a prominent British politician wrote a book about all of these supposed acts of barbarity and how they were all made up - you can download it for free I think.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: Bedlam

ty for the info provided . In your expert opinion , do you really think 3 guys all took 1000 yard shots ? the first being a head shot with the 50. silenced ? we didn't factor in that part .

The article clearly says one guy took all three shots. I have known a few SAS guys, but I couldn't say how they do things day to day. That said, for a typical US SF A team, you'd pack one long range rifle unless you really knew you'd need more or less. At one time, that would be a M14, later an M82, and after that, you'd generally have a Lapua or a tweaked out Remington 700. But you wouldn't jump in with three sniping setups unless your mission required something oddball.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

The SAS/SBS entry test. The one that killed three people last year....

BTW I think the OP is likely hyped up to some extent..

But the SAS dont sit around playing my little pony either.
edit on 11-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Aug 11 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The proles at home need a good war story churned out by the ministry of truth. Got to keep the home fires burning and all that till the boys come home.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

If they commit acts of disbelief

I find your reply a little cryptic . They obviously believe .????

The Kharijite ideology is based upon the following evil tenets:

Declaring Muslims to be unbelievers.
Rejecting lawful obedience to the rulers.
Justifying violence against Muslims and innocent people.

Now that i understand .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

a reply to: Bedlam

ty for the info provided . In your expert opinion , do you really think 3 guys all took 1000 yard shots ? the first being a head shot with the 50. silenced ? we didn't factor in that part .

The article clearly says one guy took all three shots. I have known a few SAS guys, but I couldn't say how they do things day to day. That said, for a typical US SF A team, you'd pack one long range rifle unless you really knew you'd need more or less. At one time, that would be a M14, later an M82, and after that, you'd generally have a Lapua or a tweaked out Remington 700. But you wouldn't jump in with three sniping setups unless your mission required something oddball.

you are correct i misread the article , But 1000 yards with a silencer ?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

If they commit acts of disbelief

I find your reply a little cryptic . They obviously believe .????

The Kharijite ideology is based upon the following evil tenets:

Declaring Muslims to be unbelievers.
Rejecting lawful obedience to the rulers.
Justifying violence against Muslims and innocent people.

Now that i understand .

Here is why I say that , Understand that sins are forgiven according to Islam . This means that even if they kill , they can be forgiven for their sinful deeds , however acts of disbelief are not forgiven , this is called shirk . Their are major and minor shirk.

But subscribing to Khuaraij ideology constitutes shirk a major form of it.

but we as Muslims can't say really "they are going to hell" because Ultimately its up to Allah. because he knows whats truly in the hearts of men .

but some scholars have a differing opinion on this. Most say that if the commit acts that are counter to what Allah has commanded E.G killing innocent people , blowing them selfs up , etc etc . This takes them outside the folds of Islam thus being Shrirk (disbelief ).

but we say Allah Knows best .
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ken10
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well since we are not talking about innocent civvies going about their daily business in a safe country, but are soldiers on a battlefield...I'm pretty sure when Abdul hit the floor they knew exactly what was occurring lol

Abdul didn't just hit the ground ....His head exploded !

.50 to the head ......He Gone!

a 50 cal to the body, most of the body gone....youtube 50 cal sniper, they tear a body apart.

That's why whoever wrote the story is just making up sensationalist BS for the dumb to salivate over. Dont you think the easy shot would be centre body mass. A shot that has enough kenetic impact to literally exploded a person. Dont you believe special forces know this.??

Three Head shots my arse. Take my hand, we can jump into the real world together. A story up there with ISIS Fed Mother her son IMO.

hey lets go! I have been trying to argue that point through this whole thread . its all sensational hogwash . only i the rest of the members would deny ignorance and see what we see .

The Military fanboys with little to Zero military experience love this sort of stuff. They see the Headline, SAS, Navy Seal, Team 6 etc etc, and it's.... stick on worn out video of Iranian embassy, Unzip trousers and reach for the semi hardened sock from under the bed time. Fantasists?

Someone bitter they didnt pass the entry test?

Entry test for the British Army..? You need to be a complete and utter Scoper to fail it.

Yeah, i'm sure you've mentioned that once or twice. Strange man using a serious error of judgement on the SAS's part as a measure of how "Tough" they are.
To run three men to their death in what was the hottest day in a decade or so is a bloody disgrace. Nothing to be proud of or to "Big up" about like you appear to be doing here.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ken10
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well since we are not talking about innocent civvies going about their daily business in a safe country, but are soldiers on a battlefield...I'm pretty sure when Abdul hit the floor they knew exactly what was occurring lol

Abdul didn't just hit the ground ....His head exploded !

.50 to the head ......He Gone!

a 50 cal to the body, most of the body gone....youtube 50 cal sniper, they tear a body apart.

That's why whoever wrote the story is just making up sensationalist BS for the dumb to salivate over. Dont you think the easy shot would be centre body mass. A shot that has enough kenetic impact to literally exploded a person. Dont you believe special forces know this.??

Three Head shots my arse. Take my hand, we can jump into the real world together. A story up there with ISIS Fed Mother her son IMO.

hey lets go! I have been trying to argue that point through this whole thread . its all sensational hogwash . only i the rest of the members would deny ignorance and see what we see .

The Military fanboys with little to Zero military experience love this sort of stuff. They see the Headline, SAS, Navy Seal, Team 6 etc etc, and it's.... stick on worn out video of Iranian embassy, Unzip trousers and reach for the semi hardened sock from under the bed time. Fantasists?

Someone bitter they didnt pass the entry test?

Entry test for the British Army..? You need to be a complete and utter Scoper to fail it.

Yeah, i'm sure you've mentioned that once or twice. Strange man using a serious error of judgement on the SAS's part as a measure of how "Tough" they are.
To run three men to their death in what was the hottest day in a decade or so is a bloody disgrace. Nothing to be proud of or to brag about like you appear to be doing here.

what ever your views on training is besides the point.

Fact is they dont sit at home playing board games.

Now did the events happen exactly as described in the OP? Unlikely. But they are not in Syria and Iraq playing tickle fights either.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This is just more fantasy from the Express.
These so-called journalists are constantly making stories up.
When you get in touch with these newspapers and try to get hold of the people making these stories up.....you get nowhere.

It`s more propaganda to get the public into accepting the coming invasion of Syria.
These tabloid reporters do it all the time.........

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

you are correct i misread the article , But 1000 yards with a silencer ?

I'm hoping they meant a muzzle brake. But not knowing what they used, I couldn't say. Even a suppressor on that sort of rifle, the round is supersonic. The best you could manage would be to sort of blur your location.

eta: a 50BMG round is ungodly noisy. It puts out an absolutely huge ball of gas near your position when you fire. If I shoot one on a 'normal' range, it'll set off vehicle alarms all over the parking lot.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambros56
This is just more fantasy from the Express.
These so-called journalists are constantly making stories up.
When you get in touch with these newspapers and try to get hold of the people making these stories up.....you get nowhere.

It`s more propaganda to get the public into accepting the coming invasion of Syria.
These tabloid reporters do it all the time.........

Invasion of Syria?

Hate to break it to you but that area of Syria can hardly be called Syria anymore. Assad lost it a long time ago to ISIS and ISIS declared war on usand about a dozen or so of our allies.

The UK is at war whether we like it or not. Bleeding hearts are not helping, nor is playing the blame game of who started it first. Id rather the UK just take the gloves off and get rid of ISIS as quickly as possible.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lambros56 oh it's from the express. Owned by Richard Desmond, one of UKIPs biggest donors. People should really check their sources before posting sensational stories. It's making ats look like a tabloid rag

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Not asking you to speak on the behalf of Allah just your opinion . it would seem to me they are screwed with the Khuaraiji thing . The reason i ask is if there is an out for these people (isis) then Islam takes a big hit from me . As an outsider to Islam there should be no question , straight to your version of hell .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: lambros56 oh it's from the express. Owned by Richard Desmond, one of UKIPs biggest donors. People should really check their sources before posting sensational stories. It's making ats look like a tabloid rag

Way to bring politics into it.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

The Guy that wrote the article also done work for the Daily Mail...enough said.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok if you enjoy low brow gutter press journalism don't let me get in the way. I can now understand where your getting your information on immigration and the language you use to describe them from.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok if you enjoy low brow gutter press journalism don't let me get in the way. I can now understand where your getting your information on immigration and the language you use to describe them from.

I have already mentioned that I doubt the article in the OP is accurate as has been sensationalized to a extent. But to dismiss it entirely cause Labor are not the sponsors is just as bad.

As for my views on immigration? If you want to discuss how you want uncontrolled immigration in a free for all form that puts our trains and lorry drivers at risk, even though we are in the mist of a housing crisis and public services are overloaded then take it to a relevant thread and bleed your little red labor heart out there!

CX

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
A couple of things to remind people of...

The Daily Express is one of....if not THE most sensationalist papers in the UK. Every year there is apparently going to be an ice age winter where half of us are going to be wiped out.

To see some of the wording in this article, if you'd have not told me which newspaper it came from i'd have easily have mistaken for a North Korean report about something thier dear leader did on his hols.

As for the sniper subject, there seems to be enough experts here, one of which i am surely not...so i can't really comment on it....except to say.....getting hit with a .50 doesn't mean "body gone" every time. One lad back in N. Ireland was clipped through the hemet and it grazed his head. Lucky, but it happened. A mate of mine was shot with one, the round went straight through and put a hole in the wall behind him. No "body gone". There was enough of him to be given first aid. Thats not to say a .50cal can't be devestating at times though too.

My last posting was in Crossmaglen S, Armagh back in the early 90's.....the IRA were using these against me and my friends from around 300m away.

Like i said, im no expert, but i know what it's like to be on the receiving end. The soldier at 0.11 walking at the rear of the patrol in this first vid....and at 1:08 facing the camera in teh second vid......thats me....just so you know i'm not just spinning a yarn.

When i see sensationalist headlines like in this report from the Express, i feel it could be any country feeding the public with propaganda. Replace every word saying "brave marksmen, hero and SAS" with "ISIS militant, terrorist and crazed jihadi"....you could be reading the news from one of ISIS's propoganda mags.

Would just love to see an end to it all.....seen enough to last me a lifetime.

CX.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join