It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CX
...getting hit with a .50 doesn't mean "body gone" every time. One lad back in N. Ireland was clipped through the hemet and it grazed his head. Lucky, but it happened. A mate of mine was shot with one, the round went straight through and put a hole in the wall behind him. No "body gone". There was enough of him to be given first aid. Thats not to say a .50cal can't be devestating at times though too.

Hey, Charlie Beckwith got hit with a 50 cal in the gut and lived to tell the tale.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: CX
...getting hit with a .50 doesn't mean "body gone" every time. One lad back in N. Ireland was clipped through the hemet and it grazed his head. Lucky, but it happened. A mate of mine was shot with one, the round went straight through and put a hole in the wall behind him. No "body gone". There was enough of him to be given first aid. Thats not to say a .50cal can't be devestating at times though too.

Hey, Charlie Beckwith got hit with a 50 cal in the gut and lived to tell the tale.

Thought you said "Nut" there for a moment...I would have preferred instant death.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: SubTruth

Alright I'm fine with acknowledging western meddling and such, and having a serious conversation about a solution. But can't we just celebrate a good shot saving some poor folks from getting their heads cut off in a random desert? # man sometimes a good kill is just a good kill and not some sinister plot to take over the world.

Yes we can. Good shot! "Well in" as they say.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
All this he would not aim at the head crap , does it sday he aimed at the head , perhaps it was centre mass and he missed by a foot or so . And for the doubters , tonight the odds of winning lotto are about 1 in 58million , guess what , someone will eventually win it . 3 shots from 3 by trained special forces , plausible . More than plausible .

And I can tell you now for a fact that no shot would be taken in to a crowd of civvies and enemy combatants. Especially not with a calibre of bullet that would happily blow someone's body to bits, go through a brick wall and still do the same to someone on the other side of it. Even at 1000m. It isn't how British soldiers operate. Or I suppose they just happened to have perfect backstop in place for each of the three targets who were kind enough to move away from the civilian crowd?

This article is just sensationalist nonsense.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ken10

The sas use the L115A .338 which can be accurate with ease up to 1500M

the longest confirmed kill with this rifle was 2470m so yes it is entirely possible

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
More sensationalist BS...Does this story ring any bells. Christ man, journalists dont even try anymore.
Snipers Head shots.

Lets play a game, lets see who else can find similar stories on the web. Jeeso, talk about a Ramboesque fixation.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

the longest confirmed kill with this rifle was 2470m so yes it is entirely possible

Any links to 2470m kill....please please dont quote main stream media like the Telegraph, Express, Daily fail etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Well possible and probable are 100% different! There is no way I believe this crap....Sorry but it is not even realistic

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Haha, despite the fact this is more evidence of unsanctioned British meddling in the M.E., I would suggest it's the least they can do seeing as their masters created the ISIS mess in the first place.

For every 2 that have been saved, there's thousands who weren't so lucky or at least, thousands who wouldn't have needed saved but for the sheer incompetency & greed of western powers.

Unsanctioned?

We are at war! ISIS declared war on us!

The tories are operating the military in Syria without even asking parliament, it's unsanctioned.

So what..!?!

I don't care and I don't think anyone else dose either.

If you want to be all "politically correct", and do things by the book or stay out of it all together while thousands of people are murdered every day, that's fine. But you're a minority in your beliefs, so give it a rest.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Well possible and probable are 100% different! There is no way I believe this crap....Sorry but it is not even realistic

My guess is there was a op.

But its been exaggerated.

Needless to say there are likely to be some dead POS rotting in the desert courtesy of the UK armed forces but how that played out is likely different from the op.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
does wikipedia count ?

en.wikipedia.org...(sniper)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Any links to 2470m kill....please please dont quote main stream media like the Telegraph, Express, Daily fail etc.
corporal of horse Craig Harrison. Google his name.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

My guess is there was a op.

But its been exaggerated.

Needless to say there are likely to be some dead POS rotting in the desert courtesy of the UK armed forces but how that played out is likely different from the op.

Finally we can agree! I don't doubt they killed some guy getting ready to kill people, but my lord just think about the sensationalism that goes along with this "story"....I agree!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
And while we are on the subject how were those training deaths the result of poor judgement by the DS? Those men ran themselves to death trying to win a part in something they believed in. There is no disgrace in men having so much determination that they will die before they give in to mental and physical fatigue. That is not in any way the fault of any regiment or rank.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Likely they were just out on a recon patrol painting targets for air strikes. Stumbled across a village with a a couple of ISIS tards left at the back being pampered kids from Europe and no use at the front so left to terrorize the neighborhood and the SAS team just took them out at likely less than half the claimed range and then moved on.

The press just doubled the range, added a father and soon on the brink of death and added some spin.

edit on 11-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
And while we are on the subject how were those training deaths the result of poor judgement by the DS? Those men ran themselves to death trying to win a part in something they believed in. There is no disgrace in men having so much determination that they will die before they give in to mental and physical fatigue. That is not in any way the fault of any regiment or rank.

Yeah they could have quite easily thrown in the towel and got evaced back to base. They are not forced marched.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
One shot is more than believable. But three shots? hard to believe.

Not to mention the sources 'silencers'- they are not silencers, they are suppressors. Suppressors muzzle the retort but do not eliminate it completely, however from that range a suppressed weapon might not be heard but the ricochet of a missed shot might be, hence the steady hand and the patience of a sniper.

But still even one hit from that distance would be a feat, let alone three in quick succession.

edit on 11-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

corporal of horse Craig Harrison. Google his name.

From Wiki... In November 2009, Harrison consecutively struck two Taliban machine gunners south of Musa Qala in Helmand Province in Afghanistan at a range of 2,475 m (2,707 yd) using a L115A3 Long Range Rifle.[4][5][6][7][8] In a BBC interview, Harrison reported it took about nine shots for him and his spotter to initially range the target successfully. Then, he reported, his first shot "on target" was a killing shot followed consecutively by a kill shot on a second machine gunner then a third which disabled the machine gun.[9]

In the reports, Harrison mentions the environmental conditions were perfect for long range shooting: no wind, mild weather and clear visibility

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Do you realise what a figure eleven looks like at that range? Even through a 338? Never mind two men lying on their belt buckle. To take out two men and their weapon at that range is talent. Ranging shots or not, he holds the record for the longest confirmed kill in history.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

does wikipedia count ?

en.wikipedia.org...(sniper)

Wiki never counts, probably started off as 100 yards then as wiki does, grows arms and legs.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join