It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
He is not a sniper in the SAS for nothing you know !

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
Do you realise what a figure eleven looks like at that range? Even through a 338? Never mind two men lying on their belt buckle. To take out two men and their weapon at that range is talent. Ranging shots or not, he holds the record for the longest confirmed kill in history.

Nothing to do with Talent, It's about learning how to shoot then aiming and pulling a trigger...The Weapon and Bullet does the rest of the work. Why do people make it sound like snipers are running the equivalent calculations thru there heads of the likes of NASA landing a spacecraft on Pluto.
Christ you be telling us next he took Earths rotation into account before he pulled the trigger.

I'm not debating the Shot or who killed who with what. A blind man could fire a 50 cal or a .338 into a busy city and could probably kill at a further distance, I'm debating the veracity of the OP's quoted article.

There are more Men than Women in this forum get moist over Men in uniforms, It's not healthy.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: sg1642
Do you realise what a figure eleven looks like at that range? Even through a 338? Never mind two men lying on their belt buckle. To take out two men and their weapon at that range is talent. Ranging shots or not, he holds the record for the longest confirmed kill in history.

Nothing to do with Talent, It's about learning how to shoot then aiming and pulling a trigger...The Weapon and Bullet does the rest of the work. Why do people make it sound like snipers are running the equivalent calculations thru there heads of the likes of NASA landing a spacecraft on Pluto.
Christ you be telling us next he took Earths rotation into account before he pulled the trigger.

I'm not debating the Shot or who killed who with what. A blind man could fire a 50 cal or a .338 into a busy city and could probably kill at a further distance, I'm debating the veracity of the OP's quoted article.

There are more Men than Women in this forum get moist over Men in uniforms, It's not healthy.

Well with regards to the OP I couldn't agree more. It's an article written by people who don't know what they are talking about for people who don't know what they are reading about to believe. That's about all I can say I agree with you on but let's leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Kapusta

Not asking you to speak on the behalf of Allah just your opinion . it would seem to me they are screwed with the Khuaraiji thing . The reason i ask is if there is an out for these people (isis) then Islam takes a big hit from me . As an outsider to Islam there should be no question , straight to your version of hell .

Look ALLAH (god) Is most merciful , He judges the hearts of men.

If someone acts out of ignorance and does not know otherwise then forgiveness is in order .

Most merciful most gracious.

But still these men who kill and defy Allah , act in pure evil .

Acting in such way takes them outsides the folds of Islam and humanity for that mater . Understand that Allah gives us a natural sens of good and evil . I highly doubt that these people kill without feeling some sort of sens of "wrong" once they feel that . They are done , they know its wrong therefor they shall be judged rightly so .

Now their are Hadith out their that are strong hadith , that say if you find the kuharaij , then kill them , Its better to kill them then to let them spread this evil ideology . The prophet Muhammad knew how evil they were and he predicted how they would spread in Islam > But also he understood that as god forgives so should man . So Dawa (calling people back to the true Islam ) should always be in order .

If these Khuaraij would be caught in lets say Morocco or KSA , they would most likely be tried , evaluated to make sure they were sound in the mind . then probably killed . This is of course if they are convicted of Murder .

But again ALLAH knows best .

Its clear in the Quran that if you do things like kill innocent people and defy ALLAH then the penalty is Hell fire .
weather or not that is permanent is Up to Allah .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

SAS likely have them pissing there little jihad panties right now.

UK SAS snipers, as an American, glad to have you guys on our side....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I once shot a 2" X 2" piece of slate thrown into the air with nothing more than a .22 air rifle...Anyone want to buy my panties. £10 a pair, £20 unwashed

True Story., the Air rifle, not the panties for sale.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
One shot is more than believable. But three shots? hard to believe.

Not to mention the sources 'silencers'- they are not silencers, they are suppressors. Suppressors muzzle the retort but do not eliminate it completely, however from that range a suppressed weapon might not be heard but the ricochet of a missed shot might be, hence the steady hand and the patience of a sniper.

But still even one hit from that distance would be a feat, let alone three in quick succession.

Depends on the pisostioning of the targets and if it was a clip fed 50 that can shoot such groups in under 30 secs. Back in vietnam one man with a m-14 and stralight scope pulled a similiar feat by shooting a entire squad of VC in quick sucession. A good sniper can estimate ranges pretty well. newer scopes will eventually make all soldiers snipers soon enough. Ones that eliminate the need for a spotter and will automatically dope the shot out.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
From what I've seen this had degenerated in to a British Sniper could not do this nonsense, had it been a US sniper I bet zero of this would have happened and it would have been a "best sniper in the world, good 'ole USA".

Please don't keep going down that route, we are supposed to be allies and its rather ironic that we have US guys saying we are trespassing in peoples lands, please, are you for real..Have you looked at various war incursions or sudden tactical or NOT SO tactical strikes.

Both the UK and the US have done it but a beady eye'd little man called Bush Jnr led the way with our pitiful puppy dog Blair agreeing. Nipping in to people land for whatever reason certainly isn't an only British tradition in recent years, I think there's blood on both hands there..

Lets treat this as a saving of a man and a boy from the IS, head shot, arse shot or whatever, it he was hit with that calibre it was a pretty certain kill shot wheresoever it hit.

And lastly, it said the sniper hit and killed 3 people with 3 shots and then someone asked what had happened to one hit one kill.....Confused?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
From what I've seen this had degenerated in to a British Sniper could not do this nonsense, had it been a US sniper I bet zero of this would have happened and it would have been a "best sniper in the world, good 'ole USA".

Please don't keep going down that route, we are supposed to be allies and its rather ironic that we have US guys saying we are trespassing in peoples lands, please, are you for real..Have you looked at various war incursions or sudden tactical or NOT SO tactical strikes.

Both the UK and the US have done it but a beady eye'd little man called Bush Jnr led the way with our pitiful puppy dog Blair agreeing. Nipping in to people land for whatever reason certainly isn't an only British tradition in recent years, I think there's blood on both hands there..

Lets treat this as a saving of a man and a boy from the IS, head shot, arse shot or whatever, it he was hit with that calibre it was a pretty certain kill shot wheresoever it hit.

And lastly, it said the sniper hit and killed 3 people with 3 shots and then someone asked what had happened to one hit one kill.....Confused?

Actually the most sceptical seem to be us brits

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc

No you miss the point, It's the veracity of the story and the constant media "The Special forces are super human" BS we are debating now...it's getting nearly as Bad as Kim Jong Un and his 9 holes in one BS on here at times.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ken10
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

ISIS militants had decreed that the little boy and his father must die after branding them "infidels" because they refused to denounce their faith. They were just seconds from death when the hero sniper intervened to stop the barbaric killing in the Syrian desert.

And the sniper knew all this from a thousand meters away ?

Welp that didn't take long.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't know whats more shocking - that they beheaded already multiple people OR THESE FREAKING IDIOTS here in this thread who are questioning the killing of barbaric mental humans who think they are above anyone else and can go around and kill everyone and everything.

AND stop this "ehhh we created them so it's our problem" theme.. ISIS wasn't created by us. You didn't go over there and tell people to kill other people in the most sadistic way you can imagine. If you argue that way, everything is connected somehow in a way or other. ISIS has been transformed multiple times, from an initial insurgent to the insane organization of today. That's not the fault of the US, UK or anyone else.

ISIS is a criminal brutal organization and the best way to deal with them is to kill them all since they don't value life at all.

Good job SAS. Keep it going!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This thread is proof that ATS can turn anything into an argument.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

No it isn't

edit on 11-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

No it isn't

Ha .. you got me for a moment there!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
ISIS decapitate because they hate the use of the contents of the skull.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

You will notice that I'm from the US? ...and I happen to think those SAS boys are totally capable of this.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Indeed.

I'm apparently the biggest fan-boi... Or close to it.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

No it isn't.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

can you provide some evidence or links to back up your claim?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join