It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Kapusta

likely not a head shot , that would be to risky ...body shot would be more in order... and exactly 1000 meters ..hmm

For police or whatever , yes. For Special Forces , no.

so the rest of the team were able to hit their marks at 1000 meters as well ?

Uhhh.....yes. Read up on Special Forces snipers. One , I think Australian , took out 2 at that range with one shot .

Text A .50 cal with a silencer?

Not precisely a silencer , a flash suppressor. Dont want the marks seeing the flash . And 50s are the going thing right now. Lots of range and knock down power.

lol , what happened to one shot one kill ?

Thats exactly what it was

Ever heard of Carlos Hathcock ?

the news link says it was a .50 with a silencer .

The SAS marksman, using a .50 calibre sniper rifle fitted with a silencer, killed the executioner just in time.

So all three members were carrying .50 cals ? and managed to all hit their mark under extreme pressure ,all three made their calculations ? where was the spotter ? so 3 snipers , 3 spotters ? 3 .50 cal ...silenced ? Sniper teams are most always in a pair.

sounds like a clip from a Steven seagull movie

Lol Spotter and two shooters. by the time the second one shoots the first is ready with another round. Not that hard to figure out. I guess you don't know how much training is involved here eh?

And the shots are precisely one second apart.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't care how good of s shot anyone is . Who is going to risk a head shot at 1000 yard from a head that is moving around rather than take a body shot ?

We are not talking 100 yards , we are talking 1000 yards here . with element factors at play .

link   

provide links ... please , because I have never heard of a silencer being called a flash suppressor ...

and you never will....Other than on here apparently

link   

That would be because you don't know enough about them.

They are, quite simply, a cut above the rest of us. To compare them to us is, well to put it bluntly, absurd.

They are the toughest mentally that any country has to offer. Physically, they match up very favorably with any Olympic athlete.

As I said above, a shot that I can make occasionally is their standard. A standard which most of 'em can surpass more often than not.

I don't find this story trumped up at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I don't care how good of s shot anyone is . Who is going to risk a head shot at 1000 yard from a head that is moving around rather than take a body shot ?

We are not talking 100 yards , we are talking 1000 yards here . with element factors at play .

Quick answer....A poor marksman...Really! NO marksman at 1,000 with wind/suppressor factors would take a headshot at that distance.....Unless they got lucky....No smart marksman takes a headshot at that distance with those factors, NO WAY!!!

ETA: Precipitation....Wind...Barometric pressure and much more is needed to be calculated from that distance....Not to mention the time it takes the bullet to reach the target....NO WAY!!!
edit on 8/10/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

did you realize that they were the same thing.

Silencer or Suppressor? What's the difference? The terms "silencer" and "suppressor" are both correct. Most people within the industry prefer the term "suppressor" because it is more technically correct in that a suppressor does not actually silence a firearm but suppresses the noise some amount. That said, the legal term as used by BATFE to classify these weapons is "silencer". You may also hear people refer to suppressors by the slang term "cans".
GEMTECH

the name "silencer was given to them by the man that invented them. Hiram P. Maxim

i wish i had grabbed the quote before you edited it.

fair enough . ty you the conformation . but according to other members a flash suppressor is a silencer . never heard of that .

You have now , MULTIPLE times

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't wish to pee on the party but this story is from the Express, and is in the land of non corroboration, and as much as I would like to believe it, indeed I hope it is true, but I have doubts.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

That would be because you don't know enough about them.

They are, quite simply, a cut above the rest of us. To compare them to us is, well to put it bluntly, absurd.

They are the toughest mentally that any country has to offer. Physically, they match up very favorably with any Olympic athlete.

As I said above, a shot that I can make occasionally is their standard. A standard which most of 'em can surpass more often than not.

I don't find this story trumped up at all.

yeah yeah yeah , their gods to you , what is this standard shot ?

I want to research it

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Quit judging them by your standards.

I wouldn't take a shot like that either...I can't do it. I'm a good shot at most distances out to around 500-600 yds.

These guys make me look like I've never touched a rifle in my life.

Mere mortal standards don't apply to these guys. Trigger time that goes back years. Training in climes few of us could stomach for a day. Not to mention equipment beyond my wildest dreams. They take these sort of shots in training all the time. For just such an occasion.

Our standards don't apply. Stop trying to.

link   

The SAS marksman, using a .50 calibre sniper rifle fitted with a silencer, killed the executioner just in time.

The source added: "The ISIS thug who was about to decapitate the father was shot in the head and collapsed.

"Everyone just stared in confusion. The sniper then dispatched the two henchmen with single shots – three kills with three bullets.

ONE SNIPER 3 x 1000 meter kill shots before anyone could run for cover......purleeese

edit on 10-8-2015 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

link   

More like with the training they go through now , they could almost do this with their eyes shut.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: crazyewok

I had the honor of getting pissed up with a load of British snipers in the brecon beacons the training they told me and my mate had us both feeling like 6 year old boys.
Ruddy good lads had an excellent night and they taught me a lot and I have the utmost respect for them.

A freind of mine resently joined the royal marines. He was in good shape before and he said the training for that was grueling enough for him. No way he said was he going near the SBS entry test.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ken10

Why? think about it you don't hear the shot all of a sudden one guy goes down, the other two look, another goes down the last guy finally processes fight or flight but it is too late.
Watch the video posted in here about the Canadian sniper he said it surprised him how little they reacted to bullets.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Quick answer....A poor marksman...Really! NO marksman at 1,000 with wind/suppressor factors would take a headshot at that distance.....Unless they got lucky....No smart marksman takes a headshot at that distance with those factors, NO WAY!!!

ETA: Precipitation....Wind...Barometric pressure and much more is needed to be calculated from that distance....Not to mention the time it takes the bullet to reach the target....NO WAY!!!

These are not your normal line troops.

These snipers would be taken from only the best snipers in the british army then trained to near death in conditions that would kill you or me.

As seagull said, there are not your normal mortal humans.

Its also why the SAS and SBS have alegady high mortality rates as for every amazing sucess they have missions not go to plan. We just dont hear about those ones....
edit on 10-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The maths they have to learn and know these guys can process info so quick and use it.
One of the snipers I got drunk with attempted to explain the variables and I was like "Eh?" they are very very clever also.
edit on 10-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Why? think about it you don't hear the shot all of a sudden one guy goes down, the other two look, another goes down the last guy finally processes fight or flight but it is too late.
Watch the video posted in here about the Canadian sniper he said it surprised him how little they reacted to bullets.

3 shots 3 kills at a thousand metres....how long for the sniper to move on from one target to another ????

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

These snipers would be taken from only the best snipers in the british army then trained to near death in conditions that would kill you or me.

I think it's time for you to put away your Commando books and get the head down..

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Quit judging them by your standards.

I wouldn't take a shot like that either...I can't do it. I'm a good shot at most distances out to around 500-600 yds.

These guys make me look like I've never touched a rifle in my life.

Mere mortal standards don't apply to these guys. Trigger time that goes back years. Training in climes few of us could stomach for a day. Not to mention equipment beyond my wildest dreams. They take these sort of shots in training all the time. For just such an occasion.

Our standards don't apply. Stop trying to.

seriously you act like NOBODY can compare to them ? are you kidding me ?

Aside from their Physical training what else can they do that others can't

get over the starstruck ..... seesh

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Were you there? he could have shot the people in the right order, he shot the first no one was looking at seeing they were all distracted and moved to the next and then the last.
Would you volunteer for a demo? are you that certain there aren't guys out there who could do it?.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: crazyewok

I think it's time for you to put away your Commando books and get the head down..

If it was a commando book they would retire and live happy ever after.

Chances are in the next year a op will go wrong and one of more of these guys in the op will end up dead.

No one can get exact figures but its estimated a good many dont get to claim there retirement.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join