It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#AllLivesMatter

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Mistake 1. Crawford decided to walk around with a replica BB gun that was outside of its packaging.

Mistake 2. Crawford held the replica BB gun by its grip and raised it multiple times which caused 911 to be called.

Mistake 3. Crawford ran back to the gun in what looks like an attempt to grab it which subsequently lead to the fatal shots.

The fact that some customers did not "react" (as the person that called 911) to Crawford carrying and pointing the replica BB gun is not evidence that he was not a threat.

Many people did not "react" to James Holmes barging into the theater with guns.

What happened to Crawford was absolutely tragic and I feel so bad for him and his family. That said, the situation would of never happened if he used a little common sense. It was not murder by the police.

Furthermore, the story you post about the situation in Mississippi is irrelevant to the Crawford incident. How one officer responds and reacts to a situation will differ from another officer because of the human element. The police force in America is not one single entity that thinks and responds the same.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: Kali74

Mistake 1. Crawford decided to walk around with a replica BB gun that was outside of its packaging.

Mistake 2. Crawford held the replica BB gun by its grip and raised it multiple times which caused 911 to be called.

Mistake 3. Crawford ran back to the gun in what looks like an attempt to grab it which subsequently lead to the fatal shots.

The fact that some customers did not "react" (as the person that called 911) to Crawford carrying and pointing the replica BB gun is not evidence that he was not a threat.

Many people did not "react" to James Holmes barging into the theater with guns.

What happened to Crawford was absolutely tragic and I feel so bad for him and his family. That said, the situation would of never happened if he used a little common sense. It was not murder by the police.

Furthermore, the story you post about the situation in Mississippi is irrelevant to the Crawford incident. How one officer responds and reacts to a situation will differ from another officer because of the human element. The police force in America is not one single entity that thinks and responds the same.

Ding Ding Ding! Ladies and gentleman we have a winner!

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Ya know I had never cared to watch the video on this particular issue cause it sounded like he did something pretty dumb…but seeing it just now I was like OMG wtf are you doing Michael Jackson sliding back over to the damn gun after he made it out alive from the first shots. I mean jesus man it was bad enough how he was meandering round with the replica, but to go back for it like that was insane. I have seen tons of videos of cops jumping the gun (bad unintended pun) but this kid did this to himself and really gave those officers no choice.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

To make matters worse, it only picked up steam after the Mike Brown incident.

The Mike Brown incident only further proves how willing people are to lie to feel important or get their 15 minutes of fame.

Hand up don't shoot DID NOT HAPPEN. That was a lie, and the fact that so many people went along with it is scary.

Mike Brown was a thug who robbed a convenience store, and attempted to kill a police officer...yet this movement still centers around him?

This movement is a joke to everyone except a few misinformed racists.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
To say that any one group in particular has been victimized is to promote the idea that one group is better than another.

What? So if there is a systematic issue with a disproportionate application of law applied negatively towards a race, then speaking against this is promoting racism? Seriously...?
edit on 9-8-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Until they start marching for black kids killed in inner city crimes, and protesting the Planned Parenthood clinics in urban neighborhoods that are aborting more black kids than are being born, #BlackLivesMatter needs to add "iftheyarepoliticallyadvantageoustous" at the end of their hashtag.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Until they start marching for black kids killed in inner city crimes, and protesting the Planned Parenthood clinics in urban neighborhoods that are aborting more black kids than are being born, #BlackLivesMatter needs to add "iftheyarepoliticallyadvantageoustous" at the end of their hashtag.

Yea! Until all abortion and murder stops, there's no reason to speak out against institutionally disproportionate application of the law against blacks at multiple levels! You tell em!

As long as there exists issues you care about, there's no reason to speak against any other issues! Logic!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well Said....Enough of the PC nonsense as well...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

I really can't stand Sean Hannity, but this interview pretty much solidifies my position on this matter.

There were two DOJ investigations in Ferguson. One was of the entire police department, and that one is the word of God to this movement. The other was the shooting itself, and that one is considered total BS. Go figure.

edit on 9-8-2015 by Bone75 because: clarity

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
so i watched the vid.
lets at least be honest.
theantidediluvin, you said he does not raise it above his waist.

the vid is time lapsed but he is waiving the thing all over the place.
above his waist. above his head even.

so you were not being completely honest

I cannot believe the lengths you're willing to go to justify this man's death. In the part of the video that you're referring to, there's nobody else in the aisle with him or in the adjoining aisle until the point where the cops show up and basically execute him and at that point, the pellet rifle is loosely held in one hand, pointing toward the ground.

So yeah, I'm standing by what I said. This is what you said:

imagine you are in wal mart minding your own business talking on the phone and you turn to the next aisle and you see a guy brandishing what looks like an automatic weapon?

i mean we do live in the days where it is very possible to be cut down at the movies.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but your premise is that Crawford's actions led to his death? That something about his actions not only justified Ritchie's call to 911 but also his shooting by police officers who decided to shoot first and ask questions later? Since nothing of the sort appears in the video, you must be relying on statements made early on by Ronald Ritchie?

Ronald Ritchie should be in jail. He told the 911 operating that Crawford was "walking around with a gun in the store...like, pointing it at people" and later in the call, that Crawford was "like loading [the gun] right now" that it appeared that he "just put some bullets inside" and that he'd "just pointed it at, like, two children." He went on to repeat these claims about point guns at children to multiple reporters before publicly recanting two months later in The Guardian and changed his story to "at no point did he shoulder the rifle and point it at somebody." He also told reporters and wrote in his written statement that Crawford "turned and pointed the rifle at the officer" though the video shows that was a lie.

Turns out Ronald Ritchie has a history of shall we say "shading the truth." For example, he told reporters repeatedly that he was an ex-marine but left out the bit about how he was booted after seven weeks. When confronted with his service record, he stated that he was kicked out over "fraudulent enlistment" by way of a clerical error.

In his statement to police (video here) he said "At one point there’s a family that goes across with two young children. I’d say probably 5 years old and he muzzle checked both of them." This guy couldn't quit lying to save his own life even when the cops are "interviewing him" (going over the video with him so he can get his story straight) not to mention trying to sound like some sort of badass (muzzle checked?). His story changes continuously as the interview goes on.

His wife April was also pushing the lie, posting on her Facebook page that "They told him to put the gun down. He pointed at them and they shot him." Read what she (and her husband) told a local CBS affiliate in the immediate aftermath:

April and Ronald Ritchie, of Riverside, told WHIO that they were in the hardware department Tuesday around 8:20 p.m. when they saw a man walking the aisles carrying what they thought was a real gun, pointing it toward the sky. The couple called 911.

The couple said they followed Crawford at a safe distance. "Anytime I saw people walking his way, I would get their attention," April Ritchie said. She said the man was cradling a cellphone between his left ear and shoulder while he messed with the rifle.

"He just kept messing with it and I heard a clicking," April Ritchie said.

Ronald Ritchie said Crawford "was just waving [the gun] at children and people...I couldn't hear anything that he was saying. I'm thinking that he is either going to rob the place or he's there to shoot somebody.

"He didn't really want to be looked at and when people did look at him, he was pointing the gun at them. He was pointing at people. Children walking by," Ronald Ritchie said.

The real kicker is that mother of the children he'd erroneously claimed had been "muzzle checked," 37 year-old Angela Williams, died of a heart attack after hearing the cops shoot John Crawford. So the actions of these two morons and the responding officers ultimately lead to TWO homicides.

If it had been a white guy that'd been shot, conservative media would have gone nuts with op-ed after op-ed about how an innocent man was executed by Constitution shredding government thugs in a panic at the site of a man in public exercising his 2nd Amendment rights and how it was all Obama's fault. Of course he was black, so half the country has to find some reason why it's okay — and then have the temerity to opine about how divisive #BlackLivesMatter is.
edit on 2015-8-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I happen to think that poor people regardless of color are going to commit more crime, so that report doesn't strike me as a bad reflection of the Ferguson PD.

It shows that poor and ignorant people are committing a lot of dumb crimes.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Both of those statements are incorrect. After Ronald Ritchie, the man who made the 911 call, viewed the video he was forced to admit that his written statement to police and the statements he and his wife had given to police were false. Special prosecutor Mark Piepmeier basically threw the whole thing at the feet of Ritchie:

Some of the things he said on the 911 call, maybe he was trying to fill in some gaps in what he saw, but he very clearly tells the 911 operator, "I’m in a Wal-Mart. There’s a guy in here with an assault rifle. He’s loading it, and he’s pointing it at people." And this is what is communicated to the police officers. But one officer even calls back in, and he’s basically, "Wait a minute. Are you saying he’s actually pointing it at people?" And they say, "Yes." And the law is real clear. When you’re a police officer responding to the scene, it’s not what is true or not true, it’s what you reasonably believe to be true. And there’s no reason for these officers not to believe that’s what’s going on.

Ronald Ritchie changed his story upon seeing the CCTV video (see my last post). Furthermore, the CCTV video shows your third "mistake" to be completely false.
edit on 2015-8-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JalapenoPepper

originally posted by: MrNeo
It's economic.
Cops don't cruise Beverly Hills shooting at rich people no matter their color.
Cops hang out in the poorest neighborhoods because that's where the crime is because ummmmm - joblessness.
I'm from Hawaii, multi-racial and lived in two housing projects in Hawaii and at times even cops didn't come around until dead bodies needed taken care of or someone was laying in the street bleeding out.
I been in South Central. Same thing - no jobs - no hope - fugg it.
People, no matter the color will turn to illegal activities when they have no other means of support which leads to higher police presence and eventually their disdain.
My mom's side of the family is white - poor white - no privilege. Cops all over the place in these white neighborhoods because of meth houses and tweakers. Where else are cops gonna go?
All lives matter because in this very issues color really has little to do with it other than what the media and TPTB intend.

Poor white trailor trash get drunk, maybe smack their wife around a bit... They do not go out in mobs attacking people and robbing stores. Poor whites usually just deal with it, they don't go causing violence. They have a sense of community.

Jalapeno!

Whites actually do go around rioting and tearing up neighborhoods.....over sporting events. But the media never calls them thugs or even bears like you referred to black men as being the equivalence of. I see so many blanket statements being made it's unreal.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You do realize that you just made a compelling case that justifies the shooting don't you?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
It's economic.
Cops don't cruise Beverly Hills shooting at rich people no matter their color.
Cops hang out in the poorest neighborhoods because that's where the crime is because ummmmm - joblessness.
I'm from Hawaii, multi-racial and lived in two housing projects in Hawaii and at times even cops didn't come around until dead bodies needed taken care of or someone was laying in the street bleeding out.
I been in South Central. Same thing - no jobs - no hope - fugg it.
People, no matter the color will turn to illegal activities when they have no other means of support which leads to higher police presence and eventually their disdain.
My mom's side of the family is white - poor white - no privilege. Cops all over the place in these white neighborhoods because of meth houses and tweakers. Where else are cops gonna go?
All lives matter because in this very issues color really has little to do with it other than what the media and TPTB intend.

Poor white trailor trash get drunk, maybe smack their wife around a bit... They do not go out in mobs attacking people and robbing stores. Poor whites usually just deal with it, they don't go causing violence. They have a sense of community.

Jalapeno!

Whites actually do go around rioting and tearing up neighborhoods.....over sporting events. But the media never calls them thugs or even bears like you referred to black men as being the equivalence of. I see so many blanket statements being made it's unreal.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

In regards to the police response, it doesn't matter if he changed his story after the fact. The initial call was that a man was inside Wal-Mart with an "assault rifle." That is the only info the police had.

Are you saying the police should of known that the information they were receiving from dispatch, who received it from another person, wasn't accurate?

As for him raising the replica BB gun by the grip, I may be blind, but are you seriously going to say that from 00:35 on he is not doing so?

As for him running back to the replica BB gun, I may be blind, but are you seriously going to say that he didn't at the 01:32-01:34 mark?

Did we watch the same video?

Can someone else chime in?

I could be wrong.
edit on 10-8-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Yea! Until all abortion and murder stops, there's no reason to speak out against institutionally disproportionate application of the law against blacks at multiple levels! You tell em!

As long as there exists issues you care about, there's no reason to speak against any other issues! Logic!

3/10 for misreading my post. Please try again.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

This reminds me of the show baitcar.... If they parked a car in a white neighborhood...... What a waste of police resources.. It would just sit there..Noone is going to steal it! They park it in the ghetto, it is gone in 60 seconds, profiling works. Statistics are what they are... Facts are facts.

Jalapeno!

if you parked in my neighborhood i'm sure a white person would have stole it. Let me tell you something, I hung around with white supremacist, our neighborhood was mostly white with some blacks.

Can you guess who committed the most crime?

Most of my friends dads were hooked on crack and were never home. Can you guess what color they were?

Me and my friend used to stand on corners and sell drugs. Can you guess what color my friends were?

Someone from the neighborhood just got busted with a butt load of stolen guns, can you guess what color he was?

The cops were always called to our neighborhood for some reason or another, Can you guess what color they are there for?

I guess my point is whites commit the same if not more crime in some areas. I've combed thru most of your post on the thread and i must say even my skinhead friends weren't as racist as some of your post.

I live an hour south of Cleveland by the way.

P.s. this is my very first post on this site.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Criminals don't matter.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Criminals don't matter.

Well then me or none of my friends matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join