It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#AllLivesMatter

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Go ahead and keep attacking me (and other posters) by saying we don't care about what happened to Crawford.

Although, the difference between you and I is the fact that I won't attack you for yours.

Wow. Post after post of you and others blaming the victim — even now in the post I'm replying to — and me voicing my sincere opinion that you and others are blaming the victim as way of denying there's a problem in the first place makes you a victim?

Ugh.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's always the victims fault. Poor police training can't have anything to do with it... if it did, things might have to change, SOME cops might have to realize that their own biases factor into their perception of threat and then all cops might have to take the time to retrain... no life is worth that, cmon!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: nullafides

The statement isn't "only black lives matter" and it isn't a statement that perpetuates victim-hood. Justice isn't equally applied to black people from any direction... the statement is only meant to reflect that.

If you don't understand the inequality of the justice system, you won't ever understand the need for the statement to be as it is. The statement that "all lives matter" can't be true until we all recognize that "black lives matter".

The difficulty with this statement is that the black community has often decayed to the point where it is hard to know how much of the disparity if actually created by unfair treatment and how much is created by the decayed family and moral structure of the community as a whole.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you only knew how ironic that statement was. That was perfect white privilege.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If an unarmed person is killed by an armed person, there should be no reason why that person should be dead. If I have a firearm in my hands, legs, arms, shoulder, lots of shots are available. To shoot mid torso or head of an unarmed individual, there is no defense.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Perhaps the armed person should just let the unarmed attacker, attack, then when the armed person dies, the fault will be on the unarmed attacker and they can go to jail.

Win-Win!

Except, um, for the dead guy.

But other than that, win-win!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Perhaps the armed person should just let the unarmed attacker, attack, then when the armed person dies, the fault will be on the unarmed attacker and they can go to jail.

Win-Win!

If you have no more control over your firearm than than that Beez, you probably shouldn't be carrying it.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Here's the thing...put more eloquently and from a firmer seat of experience than I could ever speak from by Charles M. Blow in a NYTimes OpEd that may be the best I've read on the subject.

A Highly Recommended Read

It is my opinion that this country does not value all lives equally. Or if it does is doing a piss-poor job of showing it. And the longer we stay in denial of this and its root causes, found in abundance on all sides of these arguments, the longer it will fester and the more we all stand to lose.

edit on 8/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: typos

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This country hasn't valued all lives since it's inception, black's count for 3/5's, women counted not at all. There are still those in this country that want to return to those times, parts of my family have been here since 1621, and sometimes I just want to leave.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

This country hasn't valued all lives since it's inception

This is true and it might never value ALL lives, but we'll never get there or even close by promoting division.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Win-Win!

Sometimes firearms are not the only answer, as a young man I trained in the martial arts, after learning to use a firearm at a young age. Both are very effective, but if I kill a man with my hands, I am probably in more trouble than if you shoot someone.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

This country hasn't valued all lives since it's inception

This is true and it might never value ALL lives, but we'll never get there or even close by promoting division.

I will agree with that whole heartedly. I honestly try not to promote division, but point out where folks might agree.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Win-Win!

If you have no more control over your firearm than than that Beez, you probably shouldn't be carrying it.

HEs saying the armed person lets th eun armed person beat him to death and then they would blame th eun armed attacker. As in th eguy with a gun letting himself be beat to death because the other is un armed is really stupid.
A person is never un armed unless he cant use his hands or arms anymore.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

If you only knew how ironic that statement was. That was perfect white privilege.

If only you knew how deflective that statements sounds. That was pretty good Alinsky.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Win-Win!

Sometimes firearms are not the only answer, as a young man I trained in the martial arts, after learning to use a firearm at a young age. Both are very effective, but if I kill a man with my hands, I am probably in more trouble than if you shoot someone.

Ive trained in the martial arts since I was 8 yrs old......

Spent 8 yrs in the Marine Corps and taught MCMAP , I also train in Krav Maga.......

There is no situation that a firearm doesnt give you the upper hand, or level the playing field..........unless the person wielding it isnt trained properly

Lets not try to get Internet Rambo on here to try and prove a point, because "karate" big guy

Your premise is false

If someone points a gun at me, im not shooting them in the legs or arms or anywhere else, im putting them down permanently and I would expect the cops to do the same.

If the guy pointed a gun at the cops he gets shot......

edit on 8/10/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Win-Win!

HEs saying the armed person lets th eun armed person beat him to death and then they would blame th eun armed attacker. As in th eguy with a gun letting himself be beat to death because the other is un armed is really stupid.
A person is never un armed unless he cant use his hands or arms anymore.

If I am threatened, with a physical beating, and yeah am trained for that, and I am armed? What is wrong with shooting the asshat in the leg, busting his collar bone, hell most of these so called thugs will go down at the first injury. Instead, the vigilantes, neighborhood watch guys want to shoot mid torso or head, honestly WTF, if that is your attitude you should not be carrying a firearm.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

This country hasn't valued all lives since it's inception, black's count for 3/5's, women counted not at all. There are still those in this country that want to return to those times, parts of my family have been here since 1621, and sometimes I just want to leave.

Sigh.

The 3/5th Compromise again. What are they teaching you kids in school these days? Newsflash, the 3/5 was not a statement that blacks were not full people, it was a means to prevent slave-owner states from gaining more representation in the young Congress and exerting more influence on the federal government. Sheesh, why do we have to keep explaining this? You do know that non-slave blacks counted fully towards Congressional representation, don't you? Did you know that non-black slaves counted as 3/5 towards representation? Did you know there were non-black slaves? Well if you didn't before, you do now.

As for women voters, another false narrative. Voter qualification was under the full purview of the States, not the federal government, up until the 19th Amendment... curiously ratified by male voters. Technically the States still have some power over qualifications, but gender/ethnicity/poll tax and some age limits are not among them.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Win-Win!

Ive trained in the martial arts since I was 8 yrs old......

Spent 8 yrs in the Marine Corps and taught MCMAP , I also train in Krav Maga.......

There is no situation that a firearm doesnt give you the upper hand, or level the playing field..........unless the person wielding it isnt trained properly

Lets not try to get Internet Rambo on here to try and prove a point, because "karate" big guy

Your premise is false

If someone points a gun at me, im not shooting them in the legs or arms or anywhere else, im putting them down permanently and I would expect the cops to do the same.

If the guy pointed a gun at the cops he gets shot......

I am with you on that one, we were talking about unarmed assailants. Someone points a gun, they are going down.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Deflective?

What I said is true. Create policy that makes all kinds of dumb stuff finable, like taking up two seats on the bus or train (this is a real finable offense in NYC). Tell your PD's that they are required to hand out a certain number of citations a day, worded differently of course because quota's are illegal, but don't go bugging the white folks or we may lose those revenues er laws, go get the black folks no one cares about thugs anyway *laugh track*.

Can't pay fine
Go to jail
Cant get work now
Get fined again
Can't pay fine
Go to jail
Got kids to feed
Can't find a job
Sell some weed
Feed kids
Go to jail for a long ass time

Queue hilarious jokes about black kids not knowing their daddies. Blame the break down of black neighborhoods on the breakdown of families. Totally ignore all of the above and file it all under "well they're just different".

White privilege.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes, please explain to me how it is the fault of whites that most blacks are born to teenage mothers and have no fathers.

I can think of an explanation, but it most likely will not be the one you are going to spout off.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join