It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#AllLivesMatter

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: yuppa

ETHNICITIES not RACES. stop using their terms and be scientific. there is only one race.

Wouldn't it be more scientific to say breeds?

breeds denote SPECIES when its the same species. If i remember corectly.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eye4NeyE
#blacklivesmatter

Implies that one specific etntnicity is more important when its not.

link   

originally posted by: Mugly

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Imagine you're in Wal-Mart talking on the phone and minding your own business and all of a sudden you hear somebody shout at the end of the aisle behind you. You turn to see what's going on and you're shot twice.

imagine you are in wal mart minding your own business talking on the phone and you turn to the next aisle and you see a guy brandishing what looks like an automatic weapon?

i mean we do live in the days where it is very possible to be cut down at the movies

Oh, but only white people go on mass shooting sprees, right? I mean from your own post earlier:

not saying it is fair but stereotypes are often correct. they exist for a reason
profiling, well i think that works too.

certain people do fit certain profiles.

If you look at the CCTV video, John Crawford comes across numerous people who don't give him a second look because nothing about his actions were menacing. Then you have this guy who is blathering on about how he was an ex-marine (IIRC, he was discharged before he completed basic training but I could be wrong) and he can't tell the difference between a pellet rifle and an automatic weapon? "Brandishing" isn't exactly the appropriate term for what he was doing either. He never raised the pellet rifle above his waste from what I saw in the video nor was it ever raised to his shoulder or at any time held in anything resembling a firing position according to all witnesses including the sole 911 calling dimwit and his wife.

BTW, nobody is "likely to be cut down" at a movie theater. 14 people have been shot in a few incidents since 2012, I did some back of the napkin math in another thread and you're roughly twice as likely to win Powerball then to be shot in a mass shooting at a movie theater. That's from 2012 till now; the more years you include in the calculation, the more astronomically against it happening the odds become.

link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
#GOGETAJOB

#STOPBREAKNGTHELAWANDPOLICEWON'TBOTHERYOU

#STOPHAVINGCHILDRENOUTOFWEDLOCK

#EVERYONE'STIREDOFYOURWHINING

#STOPLIVINGOUTTHELYRICSOFRAPSONGS

Is this aimed at s specific group of people? All races fit in this sloppy category

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

#blacklivesmatter

No, it does not. It actually implies that one group's lives are not being valued as highly as others. Would it be more readily apparent if it was #BlackLivesMatterToo?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Bone75

So you're upset with me because I'm not calling you a racist?

I'm not upset with you at all. I actually appreciate you giving me the opportunity to speak my mind for a change. Its rather refreshing.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No, it does not.

As written, yes it does.

It actually implies that one group's lives are not being valued as highly as others.

That may be inferred but is not implicit. Something is missing.

Would it be more readily apparent if it was #BlackLivesMatterToo?

There it is.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

What you say or don't say has nothing to do with me.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Imagine you're in Wal-Mart talking on the phone and minding your own business and all of a sudden you hear somebody shout at the end of the aisle behind you. You turn to see what's going on and you're shot twice.

imagine you are in wal mart minding your own business talking on the phone and you turn to the next aisle and you see a guy brandishing what looks like an automatic weapon?

i mean we do live in the days where it is very possible to be cut down at the movies

Oh, but only white people go on mass shooting sprees, right? I mean from your own post earlier:

not saying it is fair but stereotypes are often correct. they exist for a reason
profiling, well i think that works too.

certain people do fit certain profiles.

If you look at the CCTV video, John Crawford comes across numerous people who don't give him a second look because nothing about his actions were menacing. Then you have this guy who is blathering on about how he was an ex-marine (IIRC, he was discharged before he completed basic training but I could be wrong) and he can't tell the difference between a pellet rifle and an automatic weapon? "Brandishing" isn't exactly the appropriate term for what he was doing either. He never raised the pellet rifle above his waste from what I saw in the video nor was it ever raised to his shoulder or at any time held in anything resembling a firing position according to all witnesses including the sole 911 calling dimwit and his wife.

BTW, nobody is "likely to be cut down" at a movie theater. 14 people have been shot in a few incidents since 2012, I did some back of the napkin math in another thread and you're roughly twice as likely to win Powerball then to be shot in a mass shooting at a movie theater. That's from 2012 till now; the more years you include in the calculation, the more astronomically against it happening the odds become.

i dont know about only white people go on mass sprees but if i had to guess i would say the profile would be that of a white person.
maybe likely to be cut down was the wrong way of putting it.
i should have said you are more likely to be cut down in a movie theater in 2015 than you were in 1950.
so you have to have a weapon above your shoulders or in firing position to be brandishing it?
btw, thats just a word i picked. sub it out for carrying it.
imo though, if you are carrying anything in the wide open, you are brandishing it.
i didnt watch the vid. dont really care to either.

as far as your math...eh
people are not scared of winning powerball. winning powerball does not cause you to lose your life.
being shot in a theater does so it freaks people out.
guns in the wide open freak people out in general which is why even in states with open carry you dont see it.
sure it happens but i would say it is rare.
it is rare because even the people that conceal carry and could open carry know it attracts all the wrong kind of attention.
these are the facts of the world we live in.

also, i just used movie theaters as an example...
there was the shooting at the church in carolina a month or so ago.
a shooting at a recruitment office.
at least one shooting on a military base
there was a drive by shooting(i think) at a base not even 2 weeks ago.

these are all reasons why everyone in general is on edge.
people are cracking up.

i still dont see anything wrong with profiling. i dont see anything wrong with answering a cops questions without getting an attitude. i dont see the issue with a cop asking people questions.
im not talking about bracing them. laying hands on them. shooting them. hitting them etc etc.
im talking about lawful questions and answers

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

#blacklivesmatter

No, it does not. It actually implies that one group's lives are not being valued as highly as others. Would it be more readily apparent if it was #BlackLivesMatterToo?

If it was INCLUSIVE like you put TOO yeah it would,but as it originally stands its MEANING isnt clear enough and seems to be elevating one ethnicity above another.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Sorry.

All lives do matter.

This isn't a f^&ing pitty party.

WOW!!!! LOL, unbelievable!

Due to being Canadian, I only became aware of the "Black Lives Matter" movement because of ATS. Yet, I intuitively was aware what its actual agenda and message was due to evoking a dash of common sense thinking while being aware of the history of the States concerning racial and socioeconomic agendas via societal engineering. I implore you, the OP, to do the same homework before thy foot becomes permanently wedged in one's mouth.

I believe (I could be wrong) based on what I'm reading in your responses here in this thread on the first few pages that you (and some others) have interpreted the agenda to imply ONLY black lives matter, which if that is the case, displays utter lack of comprehension and an extremely high degree of ignorance. Also, I observed that you lack the ability to truly understand what others have stated and twisted their words to fit your narrative. Your thought process speaks volumes concerning this matter despite what you claim (in bold) below:

EVERYONE MATTERS - Regardless of color, belief, or gender. Even if I disagree with you, you matter. Just as much as I matter.

I agree; any sane compassionate individual with an average I.Q would feel the same way. Again, you leave one with the impression that you have confused "Black Lives Matter" with "ONLY Black Lives Matter" which is completely daft to do, if that is indeed the case.

If we accept this, everyone is truly equal.

To say that any one group in particular has been victimized is to promote the idea that one group is better than another.

Do you actually believe this is a coherent thought...?

To say that any one group in particular has been victimized, is to promote the idea that one group is better than another.

Yeah, I would allow that nonsensical thought you stated above (with much confidence) to marinate for a bit. Ignorance is not always bliss...

What this woman is saying is that to be African American is to be a victim. That is as self appointed of a label as one's choice in hats.

You are in obvious need of a brief history lesson:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You see, what that woman is trying to bring to mass awareness is the ignorance of equality Vs equity that has always existed in America when it comes to NOT ONLY the racial divide, but also socioeconomic differences (class warfare) that permeates the United States of America. This has been the problem that usually goes undetected by less discerning minds who seem to lack basic comprehension of present day issues.

Again; ALL lives matter; and that is EXACTLY what "Black Lives Matter" is trying to bring to attention - equity throughout ALL aspects of society and ALL members who belong to that society whether they are red, white or blue.

If we accept this, everyone is truly equal.

Yes, very true; everyone is indeed equal, yet, the problem centres around equity and not equality.

Only a foolish individual would allow hashtags and campaign titles to dominate and influence their thought process. After all:

This isn't a f^&ing pitty party.

;-)

edit on 9-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

#blacklivesmatter

Is that what it means to you?
edit on 9-8-2015 by Eye4NeyE because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2015 by Eye4NeyE because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
so i watched the vid.
lets at least be honest.
theantidediluvin, you said he does not raise it above his waist.

the vid is time lapsed but he is waiving the thing all over the place.
above his waist. above his head even.

so you were not being completely honest

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
staff edit
edit on Sun Aug 9 2015 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

a reply to: JalapenoPepper

I already did but maybe the problem was I listed too many? Let's start with just one and explore it in detail.

John Crawford III, 22 years of age, shot dead in a Beavercreek, Ohio Wal-Mart on August 5th, 2014. Here's a guy In Wal-Mart, talking to his girlfriend on his cellphone and shopping for s'mores ingredients. He wanders into the sporting goods section and picks up a BB gun that was lying on a shelf and continues shopping and talking on his phone, unaware that somebody else's irrational fears are about to get him killed.

Enter a guy by the name of Ronald Ritchie, with whom you probably share quite a few opinions, who calls 911 and says that there's a man walking around Wal-Mart pointing a gun at children. He later amended his statement to say that he was "waving it around" but hadn't witnessed him pointing it at anyone specifically.

Officer Sean Williams and Sgt. David Darkow (who'd received active shooter training two weeks prior) enter the store approximately 5 minutes later and quickly locate John Crawford. Watch the CCTV footage and you'll see the officers come around the corner of the aisle and spot Crawford who is turned away from them and talking on his phone. According to police reports, the officers shouted at him to drop the weapon twice before shooting him twice. The video shows Crawford turn slightly and then falling forward — the duration of the encounter from the rounding of the corner to Crawford collapsing on the ground being about 2 seconds.

John Crawford was transported to the hospital where he died from his wounds. The grand jury didn't indict the officers. Ironically, Ohio is an open carry state so even if he had been walking around Wal-Mart with a real rifle, one that he owned and brought to the store with him, he wouldn't have been committing a crime — but he wasn't even doing that.

So tell me, what crime did John Crawford III commit?

I watched the video... He was acting like an idiot raising it up and down and brandishing it... When I have looked at a bb gun or firearm in a store, I did it COMPLETELY different. I think cops sometimes jump to conclusions when it is a black person sometimes because, guess what!? Who lies, runs, shoots, fights them on a daily basis in record numbers and lack common sense? If your walking around a national forest, and you see a deer or a bear, which one has track record of being dangerous and getting your guard up? Is it really smart to grab a bb gun and just walk around a store like that? Who does that?

Jalapeno!
edit on 9-8-2015 by JalapenoPepper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You do realize if you cared to look you could find tons of stories of police doing the same unjust things to people of any race. Racism also exisits against all races. Would you sit back and pretend that Hispanics or Black Americans aren't racist towards White Americans as well. It happens quite often actually and I have been on the receiving end of that as well. In fact I'd say it's much more overt from those who are stereotyped as being the victims. It's like the poster on page one said...its more of revenge than trying to gain equal footing. To those who've been discriminated against even if things became all equal and everyone treated them as such tomorrow it wouldn't help...they would seek revenge as they have been doing and we would be here all over again.

Not to say every black, white, Hispanic, native american, or whatever else person is like that, but in my experience the less educated they are the more likely they seem to fit into my above narrative. Education and intelligence is the key to solving these issues. As long as we have poor under-educated people we will have stupid issues!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

You do realize if you cared to look you could find tons of stories of police doing the same unjust things to people of any race. Racism also exisits against all races. Would you sit back and pretend that Hispanics or Black Americans aren't racist towards White Americans as well. It happens quite often actually and I have been on the receiving end of that as well. In fact I'd say it's much more overt from those who are stereotyped as being the victims. It's like the poster on page one said...its more of revenge than trying to gain equal footing. To those who've been discriminated against even if things became all equal and everyone treated them as such tomorrow it wouldn't help...they would seek revenge as they have been doing and we would be here all over again.

Not to say every black, white, Hispanic, native american, or whatever else person is like that, but in my experience the less educated they are the more likely they seem to fit into my above narrative. Education and intelligence is the key to solving these issues. As long as we have poor under-educated people we will have stupid issues!

I do not think education matters.. Look at the current administration. They all went to school, and are as racist as can be. It is cultural.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

right.
dude said he never raised it above his waist.
the dude was raising it over his head and waiving it around. pointing it at cereal boxes or some #.

is that how one usually decides if they want to buy a bb gun?

they waive it all around and over their head while they talk on the phone and mock shoot cap n crunch?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

They are using it for their own ends they couldn't care less about racisim they are unaffected at their current and probably even previous status usually due to money or connections.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

right.
dude said he never raised it above his waist.
the dude was raising it over his head and waiving it around. pointing it at cereal boxes or some #.

is that how one usually decides if they want to buy a bb gun?

they waive it all around and over their head while they talk on the phone and mock shoot cap n crunch?

LOL I know right. But yea.. Maybe that is normal in their culture, but not in mine. Anytime I have bought a firearm, I keep it pointed in a safe direction and finger of the trigger. Wether it is a bb gun or a real one.

Jalapeno!
edit on 9-8-2015 by JalapenoPepper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join