It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Fast Food workers. You absolutely do not deserve $15 an hour.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

Kudos to you for doing the right thing.
I hope people hear you sort out your staff and get more business because of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

1 turn ur damm car off u may think its quiet but u can hear a pin drop on the other end so ur car is louder than u
2 turn ur radio off even if ur the car behind them
4 i dont know why people think this is a good idea IF YOUR NOT THE DRIVER DO NOT TRY TO PLACE UR OWN ORDER U WILL NOT BE HERD

Contradicts

3 speak up and at the box the mic is not that good its like talking to ur cell from 10 feet away

Either the mic is good or it´s bad.

6 if u dont want to fell like u are tacobell at 3 am hand they some money they wont see it comeing and will be shure ur food is fresh

So I have to bribe the staff to get what I actually paid for??

If service is really good(polite), sometimes I give more and say "keep the rest". But never ever would I give tips BEFORE I got service. That´s a big no no in my country.

a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare
Exactly. Not to mention that you also have to deal with #ty customers then, depending if you work in the private or public sector.
edit on 9-8-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Tipping is odd from country to country isn't it? .
I tip so many but it's not normal in my country.
I guess because I ran pubs and served the public I know how # serving can be.
Plus if you buy a barperson a pint with your first drink you get served quicker
Do you tip in the states? Is it expected?.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I only tip if the employee performed better than normally expected by the employer I'm paying for the service.
Any nation which has employees on low wages and automatically expecting the customer to top them up with tips is a nation which should be asking questions about itself.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Sucker for apretty face so I tip lots lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: muse7

Minimum wage workers deserve the same amount of respect as any other worker.....

i agree.
most of those entry level minimum wage positions do not warrant 15 an hour though
respect is different.
anyone out there on the grind, working deserves respect.
just not in the form of money their position does not warrant

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
That tipping was about FastFood drive-through. It´s not common to tip them. Because there is no service.

I´m from Germany, tips(and music) here are not calculated into the price.
Normally you give up to 10% if the service was good and friendly.
For example when you have a nice dinner at a restaurant and service was friendly and good.
You had two meals with drinks and maybe a good glas of wine for everyone then your bill could look like this:

42€

If service was just service, I´d give 44€ and say "The rest is for you" "You can keep the rest".
If service was really good and friendly,
frequently asking if everything is ok,
if they look after you,
I´d give a 50€ note and say "make it 47"

and they know they did their job right, made us happy, and that they can keep that 5€.
If I was served by two different waiter/waitress, service was both good and nice from both, I´d probably give 6€ and say split it to the other one. In this case it´s not to less because they shared their work and 3€ is also a good tip.
Normally I always tip a little even when service was bad. Then I round up to the next euro or so.
But then they know I felt "lost" and service was not good.

However, when they bring the wrong drink or so, that´s not automaticlly a reason for me to tipp less.
Mistakes can happen as long as they keep being friendly.

In Germany, tipping is expected.

Here is a YT channel I watch sometimes. Gives you some perspectives from outside

He explains it very good.

However, If someone here would hold up their hand before, they would be fired in an instant. Because that shows they wont do their job without bribing them. A big no no here.
edit on 9-8-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

That must be one high pressure job you have if one mistake can get you fired. Are you GOD? Heck even GOD makes mistakes and he doesn't even get a salary. I would fire you for thinking you are perfect. Fast food is not rocket science and sure every teenager can flip a burger, the real reason they deserve more is because of all the jerks they have to deal with daily, that think they are perfect.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I hear you and totally agree. I'm semi retired after reaching high positions too. I was polite, attended to clients/customers needs and so forth. I've worked since I was 15, 9 months and after starting as a recruit in the military at that age don't think I've ever earned the minimum wage. I have this feeling now because over 50 years I've seen a shift in the attitude of the public towards service.

Yes, we do have those that are poor at their professions albeit some of them fast food workers. But at least they have a job regardless of the pay or whether they deserve it or not and not on welfare or benefits.

I don't teach my children to be rude and yes the customer is right whether they thenselves stuffed up the order in the first place even after repeating the order back to them. But, if they fly into a temper and throw a burger at your face, pick it up, say sorry then throw the flamin thing back at them.

Cheers for the reply,

Bally

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think any corporations should benefit from tax breaks while making billions in profits when their lowest rung workers are dependent on food stamps.

That just isn't right. Pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
everyone should be paid a living wage. If you work a 40 hour week and still qualify for foodstamps and other government assistance, than that isn`t a living wage. why should the tax payers have to subsidize the wages of mega corporations who are making a nice profit. why should my tax money go towards subsidizing the wages of an employee at McPuke burgers when I don`t even eat there? let them raise their prices to cover the higher wages that way only people who like eating there are paying for the higher wages.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Mc Puke burgers??? You don't even eat there matey as you posted. Why are they Mc Puke burgers?

We don't live off food stamps...We live off wages and don't claim. (Sorry I don't work there. My wife and daughters do.) But I now clean toilets for a wage to keep off benefits. My employer isn't a massive corporation, it's just a not for profit volunteer thing.

Not much industry now where we live but at least we're all employed. Mc Puke burgers???? Can't wait to show this to my family who may travel up to 240 klm's a day on (3) shifts per day (1 car 80 klms return) and call outs to keep a job off benefits and still maintain a happy (Mc Puke???) smile. This is the same company that sponsered a not for profit day for us and also sponsers free Kids cancer and family accomodation at major centres where kids undergo treatment.

McPuke Burgers and you don't even eat there
I puttin this one out there.

Kind regards,

Bally

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join