It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Fast Food workers. You absolutely do not deserve $15 an hour.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I definitely there some adjustments need to be made, but $15 is not the answer, and I am more in favor of strengthening the middle class and getting more middle class jobs.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

The lowest of the low pay rates here in Australia , fast food worker under 16 .

Pay rate as at: 09 August 2015
Edit calculation date
Level 1 | Full-time | Under 16 years
Hourly pay rate: help $7.59 why?
Show rates for all employment types
Weekly pay rate: help $288.60 why?
Your award: Fast Food Industry Award 2010 (MA000003) help
Employment Status: Full-time
Edit employment type
Your selected penalty rates: None selected
Select penalties
Common penalties for your award:
Evening work - Monday to Friday - 9pm to midnight $8.35 per hour why? edit
Evening work - Monday to Friday - midnight to 6am $8.73 per hour why? edit
Saturday $9.49 per hour why? edit
Sunday $11.39 per hour why? edit
Public holiday $18.98 per hour why? edit
Your selected allowances: None selected
Select allowances

I really dont know how some of the people in America get by .

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yes, I agree there too, more jobs means people don't have to resort to flipping burgers.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Minimum wage workers deserve the same amount of respect as any other worker.....

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I suspect working people people on the minimum wage have been shut up purely as a pre-emptive strike by our government against what is going to be a huge jump in the cost of living and done purely to stop lworking people complaining about it. Add to that Osborne other efforts to reduce the deficit and maintain his grab back antics, once these cuts start to bite, £9 will probably not be enough and with everything frozen or reducing by 1% over the next 4 years, we know its the poorest workers that will be suffering. Osborne and his ilk won't touch the rich as usual and will be little effected by his measures.

Its a great pity that Osborne doesn't realise that business flourishes when people have enough money in their pockets to buy its services and goods.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Do people not understand you are paying taxes to top up peoples pay?.
A higher minimum wage is less government assistance.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

But don't our taxes go to an awful lot of other things apart from benefits. One example is paying the interest on the money lent to the government by the central bank?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Learn how to do your job and then maybe I'll support your cause. Until then, you deserve what you are getting payed currently. Learn how to take a customer's order and give it to him correctly, how he ordered it and then maybe I'll support your cause.

That includes not chocking burgers full of tomato slices, when the customer asked for "no tomatoes."
That includes not giving the customer Dr. Pepper when he asked for Coke.
That includes not giving the customer an attitude when you got his order wrong.

I understand that these might sound like petty things to complain about, and they are, I agree. However your job is to get customer's orders correctly and not mess them up.

I don't know the consequences for fast food workers when they get orders wrong. But I can say that if I screwed up at my job at the same rate that fast food workers get orders wrong, then I'd be fired on the spot.

Get a GED and work your butt off in college and you won't have to be begging for raises. They'll come to you on their own if you deserve them. Or maybe if you don't want to go down that route you should work your butt off flipping burgers and stop getting orders wrong and maybe soon you'll be promoted to manager.

Life is just so hard at times.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Of course but should it be the government who tops up peoples pay to live or shpuld business pay the right wage in the first place? .

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

When I did my apprenticeship I earnt $5.20 an hour as a first year. I was 19.

I was being charged out at $60/hr and was often in charge of 2 or 3 labourers, for a period they were hired out at no cost to my boss for 2 day trials. My boss would say they were no good and got another couple guys. It took a few weeks for the employment agent to cotton on to his game.

This was a landscaping apprenticeship, it was hard, hot work. I just hunkered down and got it done though.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Learn how to do your job and then maybe I'll support your cause. Until then, you deserve what you are getting payed currently. Learn how to take a customer's order and give it to him correctly, how he ordered it and then maybe I'll support your cause.

That includes not chocking burgers full of tomato slices, when the customer asked for "no tomatoes."
That includes not giving the customer Dr. Pepper when he asked for Coke.
That includes not giving the customer an attitude when you got his order wrong.

I understand that these might sound like petty things to complain about, and they are, I agree. However your job is to get customer's orders correctly and not mess them up.

I don't know the consequences for fast food workers when they get orders wrong. But I can say that if I screwed up at my job at the same rate that fast food workers get orders wrong, then I'd be fired on the spot.

Get a GED and work your butt off in college and you won't have to be begging for raises. They'll come to you on their own if you deserve them. Or maybe if you don't want to go down that route you should work your butt off flipping burgers and stop getting orders wrong and maybe soon you'll be promoted to manager.

My wife deserves her 15 dollars an hour working at Macca's. She is 41. Has had 4 children and worked through her pregnancy. No special leave for her because she doesn't want it. She has awards for her customer service from McDonalds', Hungry Jacks and other food service outlets. She drives to and from work 80 klms a day.

She works, BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T WANT TO BLUDGE OF THE GOVERNMENT SYSTEM.

Anyone who works for a wage, regardless of their speciality deserves consideration. You know what?? She's been working since 16 and can tell some PRETTY SLOPPY CUSTOMER ATTITUDE STORIES. Those who come with attitiude then complain only get what they reap soldier!!

What is the point of this OP other than to complain and belittle. Oh!!! By the way happy person. I'm 57 and clean poop off toilet bowls and have higher education. But I don't complain as I worked all my life since 15 and retired.

Guess what happy person:? there are still people that complain that the toilet stinks after someone dumps. Ohh, sorry, that poor service, I guess I don't deserve my $15 per hour. I don't get government payouts either. Rather work.

If you want to whinge then sound out about the people who do no service to the country other than bludge off the system.

You know where you can put yer burger mate and crap in yer own toilet!!!

edit on 9-8-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Elitism I hate this we are all cogs in the wheel and anyone who works desearves respect and a livable wage.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

All my kids from 14 old have worked at McDonalds. Leastway's the've got a job. My Eldest (18) is now a manager and travelling about the country, attending courses etc. None of my kids are on the flamin dole.

I would rather this, regardless of the rate of pay, which is inconsequential by the way...than be out on the street, uneducated, getting in trouble and perhaps experiencing drugs. If someone experiences bad servicethen they should be up front straight away.

Too many 15 olds behind the counter are intimidated by hopeless customers who cannot make up their mind, change their orders, are uneducated themselves or just have had a bad day, drunk/intoxicated and seek a free meal whith no please or thankyou.

If I was behind the counter I'd punch em.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Elitism I hate this we are all cogs in the wheel and anyone who works desearves respect and a livable wage.

Cheers big ears. Nailed it.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Ballies burger and broken nose hey . Love it .

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
If for any other reason, fast food workers deserve $15/hr just for having to put up with arrogant customers who have nothing more important to worry about in their lives than the nasty tomatoes on a disgusting piece of meat that's going to give them colon cancer in the first place.

Just so they can feel right and superior.

Well in that case we should all just stop eating fast food, then millions of people can be out of jobs and we don't have to worry about minimum wage at all.

* Drops mic *

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Yeah, a bit of real red sauce au gratis satifies mate.

Bally

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Do people not understand you are paying taxes to top up peoples pay?.
A higher minimum wage is less government assistance.

Until the tax brackets have to shift and we get more inflation, then lo and behold its like nothing changed at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Never thought of that meself. Great come back. An extra couple of million on welfare and services.

Bally

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
As a current ff employee for an unnamed taco chain. I don't feel we deserve 15$ minimum. However, we deserve to be treated as human beings. At my current job (I work nights by the way) 75% of the customers treat you as sub-human. And a majority are drunk and reckless drivers plowing through the drive thru.

As for orders getting messed up. We stress accuracy, but above all... speed. Speed kills. That is how the salaries get their bonuses and half of them wouldn't do a damn thing to help get the orders right. They honestly don't want the District Manager calling or showing up at the store because they checked the order times(from home) and weren't happy with them.

Either way I am done come November(when my lease is up).

Just try and remember it isn't just kids working this sh!t job anymore. And you can sit there and cry all day "pursue an education no matter what the cost and find a better job". Easier said than done for most.

If you have an honest complaint. Tell us. Be brief and to the point. The more we hear sob stories about how many times in the past few months somethings been wrong... you might not get it the way you want it. In our heads you made the choice to come back over and over again just to have your order messed up. Just tell us what is wrong without crying and it will be fixed. You will get free product too.

Don't treat us like vending machines. You are litterally draining what little soul and self respect we have left.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join