It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you solve the code in the sword? British Library appeals for help in cracking enigmatic code

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It says "Government Health Warning: Use of swords may be injurious to your health.", and was required at the time, so that the makers didn't get sued.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Acts 2:17

In the last days,' God says, 'I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.

29“Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
30“I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth, Blood, fire and columns of smoke.
31“The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood Before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.
32“And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the LORD Will be delivered; For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem There will be those who escape, As the LORD has said, Even among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

Im done, solved it. Night everyone
edit on 8-8-2015 by yulka because: filled it out

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It says: Run for your lives, Hobbits!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Not sure if anyone else has noticed. But the first and last word don't seem to be words. They seem to be there mainly as adornment. They are the same "symbol" but the last one is a mirror image of the first. So we can discard those two as words. However, they both have a cross in them. Maybe to symbolize the religion of the owner?

However, if it is true that this could be a code, maybe the first symbol is a key/keyword? Or a clue, and it's showing that it is a clue by mirroring this symbol at the end of the message?

That's "if" it is a code at all. It could just be what was pointed out at the article, just a scramble of words written by an illiterate person.

edit on 9-8-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

I have read what you wrote, but I think there is much more to it.

(the following part is not addressed to you in specific yulka)
Couldn't stop thinking about this, and the more I though of it the less sense it made that it was gibberish by illiterate people. First of all, even an illiterate person would copy a word that he saw, not just write gibberish in a well made sword. Just like people now-a-days make tattos on their body in other languages and they might not understand what it says.

What is written in the sword was deliberate, and although yulka did a good job in finding what each word meant, imo there is more to it.

The first and last symbol seem to be Templar. Like the one here

However, if you notice each symbol has two lines, and in the first symbol both lines are curved. in the second both lines are straight. This was also deliberate and must mean something.

At first I thought maybe it means that there are two paragraphs, one read normally, and the second as if you were looking at the words in a mirror. I thought this because the second symbol was written as a mirror image of the first but backwards, with just the small difference that in the first one the lines are curved, and in the last symbol the lines are straight.

What I think it could mean is on the first paragraph to use the second word reading from left to right, and on the second paragraph using the second word from right to left.

So, using the words that yulka gave us i tried to see if my theory made sense.

(the translation is from google so there are probably mistakes in there)

1- Dei Omnia Caelis Warantus Regia Hic Christos Regia Isti (Here is Christ, of God, of all the heavens of this king, the royal warrant)

2- Vobiseum Omnia Dixus Gratia Deus Hic Christi Christos Nomen (The grace of God is Christ's name every one of all Dixus) [isn't it Dixit=said?]

There could be more to it. Since there are in both crosses 4 lines, we might have to do it 2 more times. Which makes less sense.

3. Omnia Warantus Hic Regia (The king here all the warrantor)

4. Omnia Gratia Hic Christos (All grace here is Christ)

Could be wrong and could be just me over thinking it.

edit on 9-8-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
BTW, the cross as depicted in the sword seems to be the one used by Templars in Portugal.

www.struck.us...
edit on 9-8-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

i inverted the image

Nice to have someone aboard,.

Letters:

N = God
D = “Thor-is-as” – Literally: “Thurses” or “Giants” – Esoteric: Strong one,
X = “For every gift a curse.” Esoteric: Fair Exchange, Sacrifice, Sacred Marriage
O = “Ing-guz” – Literally: “Seed” or “The god, Ing” – Esoteric: Process, space
C = Literally: “Torch” – Esoteric ‘Ken’ or Knowledge

H = Hail, "punctation, Amen."

It is turn upside down, the C gives it away

the U i dont know

W = M = “eh-was” – Literally: “Horse” – Esoteric: Trust

U =
C = Vision

R = “Ride-ho” – Literally: “Ride” or “Wagon” – Esoteric: Journey

VI = SIGIL = SUN

DUC = Protector of mankind / The leader of Mankind

Orvi = God rides into the Sun?

ORVI = means in the old Scandinavian language (now Icelandic) to: stimulate; arouse incite; motivate; animate someone or something.

H = Hail

NDXOXC - H - M DUC - H - DXORVI
edit on 9-8-2015 by yulka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
BTW, the cross as depicted in the sword seems to be the one used by Templars in Portugal.

www.struck.us...

The Knights Templar organization, already well established in Portugal, upon persecution by King Philip IV of France simply changed their name from Knights Templar to Knights of Christ. One of the larger Templar holdings in Portugal is the Convent of Christ in Castle Tomar. Built in 1160 as a stronghold for the Knights Templar, it became the headquarters of the renamed Order of Christ (Portugal), often called or referred to as "the Order". One of the lesser known facts about the Knights Templar is that they had a small fleet of ocean going Ships [18 known], mainly used for cargo, transport, and high speed messaging that saw service from the Mediterranean to France and England. They also had inland river boats. At one point, the Templars owned the island of Cyprus.

Under the modern city lies the Roman city of Sellium. After the conquest of the region from the Moors in the Portuguese Reconquista, the land was granted in 1159 as a fief to the Order of the Knights Templar. Its Grand Master in Portugal, and Tomar's somewhat mythical founder, Gualdim Pais, laid in 1160 the first stone of the Castle and Monastery that would become the headquarters of the Order in Portugal. Local traditional legends preach that the choice was for mystical reasons and by divine inspiration, from practices like geomancy by the Grand Master, based on exercises taken from luck and predestination. Reinforcing this magical view is the fact that the lot was part of a small chain of seven elevations (lugar dos sete montes), which became known as the city of seven hills, as the seven hills of Jerusalem, the seven hills of Rome or the seven columns of Constantinople.[5] The foral or feudal contract was granted in 1162 by the Grand Master to the people. The Templars ruled from Tomar a vast region of central Portugal which they pledged to defend from Moorish attacks and raids. Like many lords of the unpopulated former frontier region of central Portugal, the villagers were given relatively liberal conditions in comparison with those of the northern regions of Portugal, in order to attract new immigrants. Those inhabitants who could sustain a horse were obliged to pay military service in return for privileges. They were not allowed the title of Knight which was reserved to the monks. Women were also admitted to the Order, although they didn't fight.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i inverted the image

Nice to have someone aboard,.

Letters:

N = God
X = “For every gift a curse.” Esoteric: Fair Exchange, Sacrifice, Sacred Marriage
C = Literally: “Torch” – Esoteric ‘Ken’ or Knowledge

It is turn upside down, the C gives it away

the U i dont know

W = M = “eh-was” – Literally: “Horse” – Esoteric: Trust

U =
C = Vision

R = “Ride-ho” – Literally: “Ride” or “Wagon” – Esoteric: Journey

VI = SIGIL = SUN

DUC = Protector of mankind / The leader of Mankind

Orvi = God rides into the Sun?

ORVI = means in the old Scandinavian language (now Icelandic) to: stimulate; arouse incite; motivate; animate someone or something.

SIGIL

H = Hail

SIGIL = A sigil (/ˈsɪdʒəl/; pl. sigilia or sigils; from Latin sigillum "seal") is a symbol used in magic. The term has usually referred to a type of pictorial signature of a demon or other entity; in modern usage, especially in the context of chaos magic, it refers to a symbolic representation of the magician's desired outcome.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It says "Lord Harkon's Sword. Stock enchantment only works for vampires."

Or it's gibberish. Probably just gibberish.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The Inscription how far ive come is made by Rosicrucians, Hermes Trismegistus Fellowship or Ancient Egypt Thoth Fellowship.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Excalibur!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think it says, 'There can be only one' !

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Thor, Son of Odin, hail. ( Old germanic ) The Protector of mankind ( In latin ) hail. Ride with your chariot into the sun/sigil. ( Old germanic )

Jesus son of God - Amen- Protector of mankind - Amen - Ride with/into the sun.

four cycles of the sun : summer cycle, fall cycle, winter cycle, and spring cycle to explain the symbolism connected to the Christ myth. "Throughout the Bible, Jesus (the sun) is always traveling. While in its glory the Sun (Jesus) brings truth and light to the world." Jabbar selects ten events from the gospel of Jesus Christ and uses astronomical analogy to explain the Christ myth that evolved from them. One example is the depiction of Christ entering Jerusalem riding upon a colt and an ass.

Depending on which religion you are into =)

The astronomical analogy states : Jerusalem is the summer solstice, the apex, the highest point in the sun's travels. Ever since the sun crossed the vernal equinox, its focus has been on Jerusalem. The Christ entering Jerusalem riding upon two asses refers to two prominent stars which the sun rides (crosses) within the constellation of Cancer (the sign of the summer solstice). The stars are: Asellus Borealis (Northern Ass) and Asellus Australis (Southern Ass) First we need to determine the time of the year when Jesus is supposed to have entered into the Holy City and most know it was in the Spring at the Passover season. Jerusalem is the Summer Solstice, the Apex, the highest point of the Sun's (Father's) travels. Let us remember that the Sun (Father) crossed the Vernal Equinox (tracking upward from the Southern Hemisphere and cross the equator northward on its way toward Spring and the Vernal/Spring Equinox). The Gospels instruct us that Jesus (personified as the Sun) enters Jerusalem riding upon two asses. This refers, as mentioned above, to two prominent stars which the Sun rides (crosses) within the constellation of Cancer (the sign of the summer solstice) on it way to the Summer Solstice (again symbolized in Ancient mythology as Jerusalem). The mythos required the riding of "two asses" or these "two stars". The stars are Asellus Borealis (Northern Ass) and Asellus Australis (Southern Ass) are the two asses in the "Jesus Story".

So does anyone have a clue of the meaning?
edit on 9-8-2015 by yulka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

It's simply a 'call to valor', a reminder to the knight and to those who gaze upon the sword that he his fearless, with god and righteous in his duties.
edit on 9-8-2015 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
+5 damage in melee attacks, +8 resistance to fire attacks, +4 defense to magic

LOLOL!!!

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

farfetched Idea: What if it says Excalibur?

Not so farfetched idea: I rarely seen swords with such inscriptions. If it was from medieval times, chances are there was also the belief of sorcery or magic.

There is a good chance it could involve paganism.
edit on th2015000000Mondayth000000Mon, 10 Aug 2015 03:02:42 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 10 Aug 2015 03:02:42 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Caution: edges are sharp and may injure...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It's most likely a Templar sword. The text is probably describing the given monk's mission and reflect some kind of divine calling. Doesn't look that old though, and a true templar would be buried with his sword, so it may be some kind of ceremonial Freemason sword. But Templars used to carry swords with visible inscriptions typically written in code. Like the one written on the sword of the main character in Jan Guillou's Arn trilogy. The earliest rune inscription ever found in Norway was made on a spearhead.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's not Welsh, Pict, Gaelic or Irish, but it does appear to be Germanic in general. To me it seems like gibberish.

The only part that jumps out at me is Orvi at the end. I think the symbols at the bookends of the inscription are some attempt at a crest, and Orvis is a Scottish name. (It eventually became Irvin/Irving/Erwin etc)

I am not familiar with Old Briton, but Orvi/Orvis would have been an old Briton name from southern Scotland.

I am guessing Gibberish with their correct name at the end of the gibberish and some type of crest symbol book-ending the entire thing.

I am not sure why the person quoted says it is a misspelling of Sword in German though, as German is Schwert.

I am also not sure how Joe got his Welsh phrase, as that isn't anywhere in the gibberish.

Edit 1: I decided to plug it into google translate and google detected Welsh with only the portion: CHWDRGHD; However the online Welsh library doesn't find any Welsh phrase as part of that "word". Source

The X's also appear to be dividers, not letters.

For example, I do think Orvi is a shortened name for Orvis, and is preceded by an X. There is also and X before the phrase CHWDRGHD

So I am thinking ND O CHWDRGHD ORVI is the actual message.

O is pretty much a Irish/Scottish/English universal word for Of or Over.

So Something OF/OVER something Orvi.

I still think it is gibberish and that they only think the Smith knew how to spell was the name Orvi/Orvis.

Edit 2 I just spoke with my buddy who is into this (teaches "dead" languages in Florida) and he suggested that ND means Our Lord (Nostrum Domini) and was common among Medieval Latin. He couldn't make heads or Tales of CHWDRGHD.

So to me it seems we now have:

Our Lord Of/Over CHWDRGHD Orvi.

So maybe there is some merit to Chwdrghd being a mispelling of Schwert when sounding it out from German to welsh? (The sword was made in Germany, but found in England)

Perhaps it just means "Our Lord Over Orvi's Sword"

I like how I went from "It's Gibberish" to thinking I figured it out. This has been a very bi-polar post...
edit on 10-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join