It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you solve the code in the sword? British Library appeals for help in cracking enigmatic code

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

The Nazis were really into it, would be awesome if someone had some Nazi knowledge about their findings about artifacts.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hello Julian

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Black Madonna excalibur arthur

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

edit on 12-8-2015 by notmyrealname because: oops crappy user

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BMorris
...prolly one of the best posts in this thread (IMNSHO)….

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

I don't see the Norse references you are getting. I've checked and checked and I have no idea how you are coming to this conclusion. What book are you using?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Yes, there are plenty of swords from this time period, and many of them appear to have the same gibberish type writing on them. The article in the OP makes that clear.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Lead the blind

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.,

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
maybe it's excalibur?

Well 'ow'd you become king then?
(holy music up)
Arthur: The Lady of the Lake-- her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite,
held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by
divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why
I am your king!
Man: (laughingly) Listen: Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords
is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power
derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some... farcical
aquatic ceremony!
Arthur: (yelling) BE QUIET!
Man: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
watery tart threw a sword at you!!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

I think it is, King Arthur, Jesus
Excalibur, holy grail.

It's a unique relic for every religion, but the same story.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I am going to ask you again, and if you can't answer I am going to assume you are just making your interpretation up as you go.

WHAT BOOK ARE YOU USING to get your information?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"we break for no one" has a nice ring to it.

The tattoo analogy reminds me of my uncle who served for a time in s.korea, he had gotten a tattoo one night drunk with friends and had no idea what the meaning or translation was for the script on his arm.

...30 years later he was a constable in a large city and one of his korean cop friends chuckled at his tattoo while they where in the change room. He asked what it meant and his friend said: "eat me".

Probably not the worst it could have been still but pretty funny story.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

A king transformed into a huge boar for his sins. Son of Taredd Wledig. One of the tasks set for Culhwch by Ysbaddaden as a condition of marriage to his daughter Olwen was to bring to him the comb and scissors, which, together with a razor, this animal carried between his ears. King Arthur and his men helped Culhwch in this task and they hunted the boar through Wales to Cornwall. He killed many of Arthur's men in the fights that ensued en route and lost most of his own sons who were in the form of young boars. The comb and scissors were seized by Arthur's men and given to Culhwch and Twrch Trwyth was finally chased into the sea off Cornwall and never seen again. In other versions, the role of Twrch Trwyth is played by a prince who leads a band of ferocious pigs. Occasionally known as Twrch Trwyth, Porcus Troit, Porcus Troit, Troynt, Troynt, Twrch Trwyd, Twrch Trwyd, White Turk, White Turk, Irish Torc Triath or Irish Torc Triath.

link

link

link

Orvi a unamned boar, (?) a prince?

Culhwch, hero (?)

Twrch Trwyth (Welsh pronunciation: [tuːɾχ tɾʊɨθ]); (also Latin: Troynt (MSS.HK); Troit (MSS.C1 D G Q); or Terit (MSS. C2 L)[1]) is an enchanted wild boar in Arthurian legend, which King Arthur or his men pursued with the aid of Arthur's dog Cavall or Cafall (Latin: Cabal).

The names of the hound and boar are glimpsed in a piece of geographical onomasticon composed in Latin in the 9th century (Historia Brittonum). But a richly elaborate account of the great hunt appears in the Welsh prose romance Culhwch and Olwen, probably written around 1100 CE. A passing reference to Twrch Trwyth also occurs in the elegy Gwarchan Cynfelyn preserved in the Book of Aneirin.[2][3]

Meaning Cabal

edit on 13-8-2015 by yulka because: remarks

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Are you trolling this thread? It is actually an interesting inscription and all you've done is made up wild claims that it's some epic Norse poem on the sword even though nothing on the sword has anything to do with that culture...

It's Germanic Alphabet with a Templar Cross.
edit on 13-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Im just researching, mythology, esoteric books, you have loads of them, especially linguistics. The research makes a proposal on that it could be swedish. It mentions several places, welsh, germanic, swedish.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
It's Germanic Alphabet with a Templar Cross.

The Germamic «alphabet» is the Futhark (the «runes»). The alphabets used on this sword is typical for RC/Mason/Templar codes, they use mixed Greek/Roman alphabets. I refer to my earlier posts about how to read the text, if I'm not entirely right, I am probably close. Analysing the syntax and morphology, and assuming we are talking about a replacement cipher, the text is likely Latin, and seeing the first word follows the pattern of «Jesus», all I did was fill in the blanks, and it reads, «Jesus, Behold! Caesar's Empire!», or «Jesus-Caveo-Caesuria».
edit on 14-8-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I just don't see any connection to Norse mythology.

a reply to: Utnapisjtim

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

There isn't any. You said the alphabet of the sword was Germanic. It's not. The Germanic alphabet is the Futhark/Runes. Sorry if I didn't make meself clear. Like I say, the text is written in mixed Roman/Greek lettering. The text follows Latin morphology and syntax, first word is probably Jesus.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Could you decode what you got? =)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join