It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you solve the code in the sword? British Library appeals for help in cracking enigmatic code

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

I wouldn't post it if I didn't, would I? I think it's a simple substitution cipher, key is the word 'Jesus'. First five letters after the cross.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

No, the Germanic Alphabet is Modern German, English etc. They are all Germanic Languages...

While Welsh may not be a Germanic Language (It's Celtic), the modern alphabet it uses was derived from the English Alphabet, which is Germanic and based on Latin.

The Germanic Alphabet REPLACED the Germanic Runic form of writing and is based on Latin.
edit on 14-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Germanic languages uses the Latin alphabet and Arabic numerals.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Yes, I've said that several times...

I also re-read your breakdown of how you came with the name Jesus and Ceasar, and nothing on the sword says either.

The only reference to Jesus I see is ND, which means Our Lord or Time of Our Lord as it was a commonly used Abbreviation during the Crusades. (It's a Latin Abbreviation)

The rest of the message appears to be Germanic alphabet (based on Latin yes) in what appears to be Welsh, but it seems to be Gibberish.

I see no Latin forms of Jesus or Caesar anywhere on the sword, even with your explanations and Wiki links.

I am far from saying I think you are wrong, but I would like you to better explain how you came to this conclusion as your last explanation of 5+5+8 made no sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Yes, I've said that several times...

No, you talk about Germanic alphabets.

I also re-read your breakdown of how you came with the name Jesus and Ceasar, and nothing on the sword says either.

Hurray! The code works!

The only reference to Jesus I see is ND, which means Our Lord or Time of Our Lord as it was a commonly used Abbreviation during the Crusades. (It's a Latin Abbreviation).

I think you should pick up a book or two on ciphers and letter codes.

The rest of the message appears to be Germanic alphabet (based on Latin yes) in what appears to be Welsh, but it seems to be Gibberish.

There is no such thing as a Germanic alphabet.

I see no Latin forms of Jesus or Caesar anywhere on the sword, even with your explanations and Wiki links.

Again, your ignorance shows the code works. At least on morons.

I am far from saying I think you are wrong, but I would like you to better explain how you came to this conclusion as your last explanation of 5+5+8 made no sense.

What Armstrong really said when he walked on the moon: It makes no sense to you, but plenty sense to anyone remotely familiar to ciphers, crusading killer monks and medieval military orders. Did you know that Templars were allowed to bring their weapons into church?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It probably started out as a soup(oxtail perhaps) then evolved into some iron ore and eventually after many tries it ended up this shape with gibberish written on it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

So the answer is you actually don't have any formal education in languages, and you are making all of this up based on your knowledge of conspiracy theory ciphers. Got it.

Considering you think there is no Germanic Alphabet, I am guessing you are going to claim there is no Spanish Alphabet, or English Alphabet? Surely you can't be serious??

When called to task because your explanation seems like you completely made it up without basis, you call people morons. This is what is called an Ad Hominem and is usually used when you aren't able to put a foundation under your claims.

OK, glad we are clear on that.

Just so you know, experts completely disagree with you, and my attempt at translating was closer to one of the leading scholars that yours was. If you could better explain how you came to your conclusion that would go a long way in supporting your line of thought.
edit on 14-8-2015 by raymundoko because: Format

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PickledOnion

Party in Hell! ONE o'clock SHARP! Directions found on the sword....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I am not sure I understand your Joke

I was just poking fun at the theory of evolution.
edit on 14-8-2015 by PickledOnion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

What have you found?

Break it down please =)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

I did, earlier in the thread. Use the view my posts option.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

There is a mythical tale about a boar, orvi means blind in sicilly i think, 7 boars of somehting

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Face pointy end towards enemy !

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So has nobody cracked this yet? I've been through the posts but couldn't find a solution. So I had a quick look and knocked this up.

Here it is:

There are nine pairs of letters. They are coordinates. I used the standard alphabet. I suspect we have letters now they didn't have then but it doesn't make that much difference. So you plot the points starting from the right and moving left and that's it. You're done. Five of the points are outer planets, four are inner. You have to divide them across two graphs to get a clearer picture. The positions of the planets are unique to a particular date. In this case 28 November 2015.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLamb

whats this?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

whats this?

What does it look like? You plot the pairs of points like coordinates and compare to a map of the Solar System to find the date. The date is 28 November 2015. Simples.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLamb
I used the standard alphabet. I suspect we have letters now they didn't have then but it doesn't make that much difference.

That's quite the egregious error...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Explain, Claude for me its just messy, elaborqtr

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

No, not simple. You did it wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

originally posted by: TheLamb
I used the standard alphabet. I suspect we have letters now they didn't have then but it doesn't make that much difference.

That's quite the egregious error...

Oh, it's OK. In the 13th Century in England (the sword was found in Lincolnshire) they had all the letters except for J so the dots would only move a fraction.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join