It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What US city/region would you wish living in...and why of course...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am from a small country in Europe with much of the same landscape wherever you would go....flat. The cities in Holland vary in terms of peoples mentality and building structures...

There are cities with real old houses/streets to modern new cities which are completely created from the dirt up for the workforce of cities like Amsterdam. To me such cities feel sterile, dull, boring.

What I know of the USA is that it has every possible landscape imaginable and many different places with as many different metalities of people.

Maybe you are happy in the city you live in right now and does it fit perfectly with your person. But I can imagine that you live in a busy city with a 24/7 economy but really want to live in a rural area.... a place near nature and quiet. Or maybe you always wanted to be a cowboy/ girl and have a life in Texas... among the longhorns and sixshooters. Or is it Los Angeles you wish to be... work and live near the place where dreams are manifactured. Maybe you are drawn to a place without really knowing from where it comes.

Tell us where you wish to live and are going to do about it...

edit on 4/8/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'd rather be living in the pacific northwest, Portland/Seattle area, because of the progressive attitudes.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

From what I read I understand you are familiar with that area? Would it be your intension to make use of that progressive attitude or is it only the kind of people you like to have around you? And why is it not possible for you to go there and start a life?

Thx for your response..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Somewhere in the San Luis Valley would suit me fine.

During the day I could maintain a chilli farm and by night I could look for UFO's-There's plenty of high strangeness in the SLV.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I've traveled much of the U.S. And have been to Canada and Mexico.
I'll pass on Mexico and completely understand why so many of them head north.
Canada was nice but I only spent a few days there.

I'll stick to the Midwest where I currently live and not in a large city "500k population and up"
I don't like the personality of the people in the larger cities I've been to, much to stand off ish and cold.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

2 places i'd like to live besides the desert i live in currently:

- Fredericksburg, TX. Or, rather, a ranch in that vicinity. Not big on horses...but there are no shortage of wild donkeys in the area. and they are fun to watch. But Texas Hill Country is divine
- Along the North Platte River in Wyoming.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
No it just seems like a really hip area to live in.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Where I live it is forested and somewhat flat, and also very hot and humid.
Several years ago I went on a vacation to Aspen, Colorado. It was really beautiful there and I would like to live in a place like that, although I would not want to live in a "tourist town", which is what Aspen is. Also, don't know if I could handle the cold weather there. I have lived in warm climates all my life. Maybe when I retire I can spend summers in Colorado and the rest of the year someplace warm.

Sal

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
No it just seems like a really hip area to live in.

Have you ever actually been there or do you just like the sound of it?
I only ask because New York and Los Angeles are nothing like they are portrayed sometimes.
Just curious.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i guess it'd be easier to sum it up thusly: i want to live anywhere that there is a community withint 2 hours drive, but far enough away that there is less than 3 people per square mile

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's paradise up here in the high desert Rocky mts, Rio Grande Valley... Fantastic climate, recreation everywhere, live and let live, hip social atmosphere, clean air, economic opportunities abound, but getting expensive!!
edit on 4-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Never been there, I've only heard good things about it. And I know the map of the united states very well. Been to NYC and found it hard to navigate.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I found that New York smelled like a urinal,,,,yuck. But I'm used to Midwest cow poop.lol
My suggestion is visit before you move...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

i've only been to NYC during the summer. And it reeks. Of many things. Rotten cardboard from all the open air markets. Dirty, rotten fish from them dumping those big barrels of seawater in the streets after selling fish to the restaurants.

That "Naked Cowboy" guy smells like a crowded, overpacked bus full of dirty gym socks.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Can I vote none of the above?

I prefer a small island with a few hundred of my closest friends and family. Hydroponics for food, and solar for power.

And internet access so I know when the bombs start dropping.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Fantasy island?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Fantasy island?

Where do I get tickets for that adventure?

Boss, Da Plane, Da Plane!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Fantasy island?

Hawaii.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
Been to NYC and found it hard to navigate.

Interesting. With the exception of Lower Manhattan the rest of the city is laid out in a grid. Even streets go east and odds go west.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join