It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of past visitation? Or merely man made structures?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
When we look around our planet, we see evidence of past civilizations, monuments, structures etc, but every now and then we see something that leaves us scratching our heads and wonder ..how did they do that? or better yet why?

Take for example the Nazca lines in the Nazca desert...were they made by aliens? or man?...if made by man then why? They are specifically designed in such a way that they can only be seen from the sky, which begs the question...who was the intended recipient? had they seen something in the sky and wished to say hello?

And what about the pyramids of Giza? just how were they built? and the strange symbols inside like this one -

i.kinja-img.com...

you can clearly see crafts of some type and what looks like a helicopter

Other strange structures can be found here - io9.com...

so what do you think? Evidence that we have been visited before? or simply man made?

edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

Take for example the Nazca lines in the Nazca desert...were they made by aliens? or man?...if made by man then why? They are specifically designed in such a way that they can only be seen from the sky, which begs the question...who was the intended recipient? had they seen something in the sky and wished to say hello?

So aliens made giant drawings on the ground so that other aliens can see them??

Ummm, no. Humans made them, just because we may not know the whys doesn't mean we don't know the hows.

And what about the pyramids of Giza? just how were they built

Perhaps googling how they were built would be a good start? Just because you don't know how doesn't automatically mean aliens.

So aliens flew helicopters?

More like modern pareidolia if you ask me..

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

So aliens made giant drawings on the ground so that other aliens can see them??

Ummm, no. Humans made them, just because we may not know the whys doesn't mean we don't know the hows.

And what about the pyramids of Giza? just how were they built

Perhaps googling how they were built would be a good start? Just because you don't know how doesn't automatically mean aliens.

So aliens flew helicopters?

More like modern pareidolia if you ask me..

"um so aliens made them so other aliens could see them"

I like how you grasped on to that one little bit of an entire sentence that speaks more of man making them than aliens, and you didnt anser the question either....why did man do it? and did they do it because they had seen something?

"So aliens flew helicopters?"

yea thats what im sayin...aliens flew helicopters, lets dismiss all the other crafts and concentrate on the one that looks like a helicopter...strawman

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to this thread other than to pick apart what i said rather than engage in a discussion.....you must be a popular guy...no really, a blast!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The only Nazca lines that really puzzle me are the randomly scattered dead-straight lines that are basically all over the place. You know, the ones that some people refer to as 'runways' of some kind. However, all the pictures look like they were man-made in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

And what about the pyramids of Giza? just how were they built? and the strange symbols inside like this one

There are theories on how they were built, but the truth is, we don't know for certain. As to these...

...the prevailing theory is, you're seeing two layers of engraving. One over the top of another. Because of that, you're now seeing 4 different types of modern looking craft. Purely coincidental, and as Chad said...Pareidolia.

Personally, I see everything we've found so far as works of human hands. That doesn't mean I can't entertain the idea of outside interference in human progress through the ages. It's possible. We just don't have anything definitive to make such a statement at this point. At least nothing publicly known.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

yea i believe they were man made too, was just trying to facilitate differing opinions, and YES those "runways" are odd in that they are completely straight, i wonder though why all of the designs seem to be pictures of animals and man, were they trying to let "sky people" know what life there was on earth? its really interesting

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

i thought it was common knowledge because the people who live there still practice the old ways, the lines were used to walk around like in a procession whilst praying at the Nazca lines?
edit on 3-8-2015 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

ive never heard that theory before obout two layers of engravings, could you give me more info on that?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GonzoSinister

so they made the nazca lines so they could walk around in a precession to pray to the lines they created?

Or do they now walk around the nazca lines in a precession to pray to the nazca lines that were made by ancient ancestors?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Those hieroglyphs are really a candy for the eye. In fact, they trick the eye.

Wikipedia

Better, longer article (in German, sorry): de.wikipedia

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

yea i believe they were man made too, was just trying to facilitate differing opinions, and YES those "runways" are odd in that they are completely straight, i wonder though why all of the designs seem to be pictures of animals and man, were they trying to let "sky people" know what life there was on earth? its really interesting

Absolutely, I have no doubt the pictures were intended to communicate with those they worshiped. Maybe they saw something that made them so determined? Maybe connected to the 'runways'?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Respectfully, you appear to be at the alien questions around #s 1-10. Most of us have passed that point of facts, evidence, hoaxes, proven probabilities and accepted impossibilities.
We' ve gone way past steps you're at to perhaps 50-100....equalling years and decades of discussions and incidents not only here at ATS...but a dozen or more sites addressing your thread.
That being said...and being new to posting....I recommend going through all those related forums here, where all such questions have been answered or dismissed already...would help in creating threads that are both new and little discussed.
Many a thread has gone to the wayside because its been posted...and answered...even dismissed entirely, before.
One can always search out a tipic-thread idea by adding a /ATS in a Google search of the subject.
Just trying to help here and provide insight as to if and when and how many times and place a subject as this has been already answered.
Good luck!
Best
MS

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

ahhh thankyou lol

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
a reply to: Klassified

ive never heard that theory before obout two layers of engravings, could you give me more info on that?

If you do a search on Abydos you will find a lot of posts. In the link below, look at the posts from Phage and from Harte. I picked this thread as it was at the top of the search results, but there are plenty more.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Respectfully, you appear to be at the alien questions around #s 1-10. Most of us have passed that point of facts, evidence, hoaxes, proven probabilities and accepted impossibilities.
We' ve gone way past steps you're at to perhaps 50-100....equalling years and decades of discussions and incidents not only here at ATS...but a dozen or more sites addressing your thread.
That being said...and being new to posting....I recommend going through all those related forums here, where all such questions have been answered or dismissed already...would help in creating threads that are both new and little discussed.
Many a thread has gone to the wayside because its been posted...and answered...even dismissed entirely, before.
One can always search out a tipic-thread idea by adding a /ATS in a Google search of the subject.
Just trying to help here and provide insight as to if and when and how many times and place a subject as this has been already answered.
Good luck!
Best
MS

Thanks! yeah i just joined yesterday im a newb, and still trying to figure the site out if im honest, ill take your advice on board and have a look through the post already made so im not posting crap thats already been discussed and or debunked.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I like how you grasped on to that one little bit of an entire sentence that speaks more of man making them than aliens, and you didnt anser the question either....why did man do it?

Like how you've grasped onto one bit and missed where I said we don't know why?

yea thats what im sayin...aliens flew helicopters, lets dismiss all the other crafts and concentrate on the one that looks like a helicopter...strawman

You're the one who mentioned helicopters! I can sort of understand you not comprehending what others say, but not comprehending what you yourself wrote? Wow!

Just stop and think about it...ancient Egyptians with helicopters.....oh and submarines too apparently..

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to this thread other than to pick apart what i said rather than engage in a discussion.....you must be a popular guy...no really, a blast!

There are literally hundreds of other threads on the topics you've brought up, they've been discussed countless of times here over the years..you've brought nothing new, and I'm not sure what you expect? High fives and pats on the back? Sorry if pointing out flaws in what you're saying hurts your feelings, I'll remember that next time, We don't want you to challenge your beliefs now do we?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

OR you could just not be such a dick?

that works for me

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Thanks ..will do

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

It could be any number of things that made them do it, a comet, a particular planet, the moon, whatever diety they wanted to communicate with.

Maybe even to punk new age wackos in the future.

Apparently they're visible from nearby hills too, so flight wasn't nessesary to see them.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well like your signature says..

"Too much agreement kills a chat"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join