It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of past visitation? Or merely man made structures?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: pfishy

Just Google vedic text aliens

That isn't the entirety of the texts, by far, but it's there.

Im on it! thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

Very welcome.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Oh, wow. Look them up. They seem to describe a massive series of aerial battles and bombardments.
There's a few decent theories that they are about the breakup of a large comet in the inner solar system, and several large fragments impacting earth, but it's fascinating either way.

I'd be really cautious about that as it's someone's interpretation that they describe such things and the interpretation is typically then taken further to suggest nuclear battles etc. To follow those interpretations is of course down to the viewer, but it's only right to counter-balance that view with others you can find no mention of anything that suggests any ET aspect.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

You are absolutely correct. Which is why I made the point that it seems to describe a series of aerial battles, and also mentioned that there are pretty reasonable theories as to what it could actually have been.
But since kellyjay seems to have an interest in the subject, hence this thread, I thought it was a logical extension of the other items being discussed here. Personally, I find the cometary theory far more believable.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
There are theories on how they were built, but the truth is, we don't know for certain. As to these...

...the prevailing theory is, you're seeing two layers of engraving. One over the top of another.

What's amazing about this is just how perfect these drawing are. Like, how smooth the cuttings, spacings and accuracy and this is carved into stone with primitive tools. Not computer aided designed, laser cut assisted stuff ppl use nowadays.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats
Yes, it is amazing. Those guys were awesome with those copper tools, weren't they?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats

Something to be said for actual craftsmanship, right? Nearly a lost art in it's own right. But back to topic, that carving I think they are right is more than one carving over top others. I has been commonly accepted that this was a practice. The new pharaoh didn't want to be out shown by the prior so they at times went to some extents to erase them. (Also theory posits that this was done in times of coup de tas also, or incase of dishonor) again though these are just theories and nobody has the slightest clue really.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think not knowing why someone built something is insufficient reason to start speculation involving extra terrestrials. So they built things that could only be seen from the sky, many religions have seen the skies as the "heavens", maybe it was a "message to their sky god" or something. But doesn't that seem more likely than our planet having been visited by extra terrestrials?

Also, I agree with the hieroglyphs, they look like saucer craft and helicopters, but what did they look like to the Egyptians who carved them? What is more likely, that these are carvings of alien spacecraft and helicopters of all things, or that we are simply seeing unfamiliar writing, and interpreting the shapes to fit something familiar (google "Pareidolia")

Meh? What do you guys think?
edit on 3-8-2015 by xrayanalysis because: had further thoughts

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Hey! Welcome home! This is the place for all the answers you're looking for! And even to stimulate you in asking even more questions!

This is the best place of its kind....ask us anything...and someone can get you an answer.

Welcome again to the family! MS

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The largest straight Nazca line stretches for 9 miles on an extremely flat plane. Since a 6 foot person can only see ground objects for about 3 miles before the horizon drops off, it is quite a feat. This line is almost perfectly straight. It is theorized that the Nazca used primitive surveying techniques that involved a person on each end to sight one another, perhaps with torches or fires. That would require an elevation difference of close to 90 feet so they must have built large platforms to accomplish this. One can only wonder why.

It is said that they walked them in religious pilgrimage, but if true, it is speculation, because the reasons were never recorded. It could be as simple as marking frequently used paths from one location in another, to avoid wandering off course when visting. The figures, like the spider and monkey.... well how that was accomplished has never had a really satisfying explaination.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The figures, like the spider and monkey.... well how that was accomplished has never had a really satisfying explaination.

How they did it isn't hard to explain. Draw a picture on a piece of paper (or wherever), then draw a grid over it. Now, recreate the grid on the ground using ropes or sticks, then copy each square of the grid on the ground, scaled up as big as you want. Simple.

Why they did so is another matter.
edit on 8/4/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Looks like that wascally wabbit to me.
edit on 4-8-2015 by saudi because: .....

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: charlyv
The figures, like the spider and monkey.... well how that was accomplished has never had a really satisfying explaination.

How they did it isn't hard to explain. Draw a picture on a piece of paper (or wherever), then draw a grid over it. Now, recreate the grid on the ground using ropes or sticks, then copy each square of the grid on the ground, scaled up as big as you want. Simple.

Why they did so is another matter.

I can see the pictograms being done like that, however, what did they use for paper and pencils and rulers.?.. drawings in the dirt would certainly not cut it, and you still have the scaling issue, as grids being akin to straight lines at long distance needs a form of surveying skills and methods.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

All you have to do is set a series of stakes with a length of rope as a guide to measure the distance between them. At each stake, you eye the line and make sure you are setting them straight

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Or they could have just used a gps, and Google Earth to check their progress...
(Totally joking)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

All you have to do is set a series of stakes with a length of rope as a guide to measure the distance between them. At each stake, you eye the line and make sure you are setting them straight

It sounds simple in theory, but I do not think it describes the accuracy that is seen.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

No clue, I have seen something that if you randomly call any top construction company and gave them some specifications that are at the pyramids such as the weight of some stones, built so tight you couldn't fit a piece of paper between the rocks, etc they couldn't replicate it with all our technology. Don't know, never tried. Then you have more modern stories like the coral reef castle . Interesting questions.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

The heaviest stone in any of the Egyptian pyramids is only 78 tons or so; Most are between one & a half and two & a half tons. Also, you could easily fit a piece of paper between them. In some places, you could probably almost fit an entire ream of paper between them; The joints are filled with mortar. Lots of mortar. An estimated half a million metric tons of it, in the great pyramid...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Remnants of wooden stakes were found at the end of some of the lines.

And as I said before, some are observable from nearby hills

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

And what about the pyramids of Giza? just how were they built? and the strange symbols inside like this one

There are theories on how they were built, but the truth is, we don't know for certain. As to these...

...the prevailing theory is, you're seeing two layers of engraving. One over the top of another. Because of that, you're now seeing 4 different types of modern looking craft. Purely coincidental, and as Chad said...Pareidolia.

Well, I see a bird with his wings spread to the sides, and it's back turned towards viewer, some kind of insect, another kind of insect, some kind of fish, another bird sitting on a rock, and one more bird with it's head above its wings, wings in front like it was trying to slow down while flying. I must be crazy, right? My mind works strange...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join