It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of past visitation? Or merely man made structures?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: angryhulk

It could be any number of things that made them do it, a comet, a particular planet, the moon, whatever diety they wanted to communicate with.

Maybe even to punk new age wackos in the future.

Apparently they're visible from nearby hills too, so flight wasn't nessesary to see them.

or aliens?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
a reply to: Klassified

ive never heard that theory before obout two layers of engravings, could you give me more info on that?

Quick search. So you may want to do a little digging yourself. There are more scholarly sources out there. But in brief...

In the days of the pharaos, some hieroglyphics were recarved as time went by. This, re- or over-carving sometimes kept 'left-overs' of the old text still visible. Egyptologists know that this was done many times. Well, and that's exactly what did happen with the carving in the temple of Abydos. No UFO, no helicopter just what you could call an ancient "typo". On the pictures below you can see the original pictures of the carvings at Abydos. Note the colour difference, and the clearly visible hieroglyph in front of the 'heli'. On the drawing you can get a clearer view of how the process of recarving influenced the carvings found on the Abydos cartouche...

Link

Some folks express doubt that this explanation accounts for what could be seen as 4 different types of craft in the image. I'll leave that determination to you.
edit on 8/3/2015 by Klassified because: clarify

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

a reply to: kellyjay

Well like your signature says..

"Too much agreement kills a chat"

I wasn't asking for agreement, just your opinion and instead you choose to strawman me me and be condescending lol

but k

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: kellyjay
a reply to: Klassified

ive never heard that theory before obout two layers of engravings, could you give me more info on that?

Quick search. So you may want to do a little digging yourself. There are more scholarly sources out there. But in brief...

In the days of the pharaos, some hieroglyphics were recarved as time went by. This, re- or over-carving sometimes kept 'left-overs' of the old text still visible. Egyptologists know that this was done many times. Well, and that's exactly what did happen with the carving in the temple of Abydos. No UFO, no helicopter just what you could call an ancient "typo". On the pictures below you can see the original pictures of the carvings at Abydos. Note the colour difference, and the clearly visible hieroglyph in front of the 'heli'. On the drawing you can get a clearer view of how the process of recarving influenced the carvings found on the Abydos cartouche...

Link

Some folks express doubt that this explanation accounts for what could be seen as 4 different types of craft in the image. I'll leave that determination to you.

excellent thankyou.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yeah, ok so you want to keep going. Good. Great.

You mentioned helicopters, I addressed helicopters.

That's not a strawman. Look it up.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yeah, ok so you want to keep going. Good. Great.

You mentioned helicopters, I addressed helicopters.

That's not a strawman. Look it up.

when you said aliens flew helicopters that was the strawman....i didnt say aliens flew helicopters

strawman

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Not much of a leap to assume that, considering the rest of the post...

I also asked if it was the Egyptians that flew helicopters...

So who do you think flew the helicopters?

Before posting here did even stop to think about the absurdity of modern helicopters turning up in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics?

edit on 3/8/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

And actually, if you look at all 4 strange objects in the hieroglyphics, it *appears to depict a helicopter, a submarine, what looks like a fixed wing craft, and (did you notice this one?) what also looks like a crane under the helicopter.
Also, the fixed wing craft looks like it may be carrying or dropping a block-shaped object.
Of course, this could all very easily be pareidolia. I won't discount that possibility. But it's still pretty neat.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Are you actually interested in the topic? or are you just here to throw your own feces around?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I don't disagree with you one bit. The slightest abnormality in the skies would puzzle our ancestors to the nth degree. The problem we have is that they were bloody good at letting us know something puzzled them. Like I said, there sure is an awful lot of that straight lines criss-crossing all over the place. Wierd.
edit on 3/8/15 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

And actually, if you look at all 4 strange objects in the hieroglyphics, it *appears to depict a helicopter, a submarine, what looks like a fixed wing craft, and (did you notice this one?) what also looks like a crane under the helicopter.
Also, the fixed wing craft looks like it may be carrying or dropping a block-shaped object.
Of course, this could all very easily be pareidolia. I won't discount that possibility. But it's still pretty neat.

It is neat huh? the thing im having a hard time with, with regards to it being pareidolia, is that if it was just one object that resembled something mordern id say pareidolia...but 4? hmmm lol

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
I don't disagree with you one bit. The slightest abnormality in the skies would puzzle our ancestors to the nth degree. The problem we have is that they were bloody good at letting us know something puzzled them. Like I said, there sure is an awful lot of that straight lines criss-crossing all over the place. Wierd.

well we know that ancient civilizations were really clued up on the stars and planets, they knew when the soltices and equinoxes came around, they were fantastic astronomers, so yeah i agree that if there was something out of place they would have noticed it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Just going with the flow

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Just going with the flow

going with your own flow of crap....cool story

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I find it interesting that you did not include the Vedic texts in your article. While I know they obviously aren't a structure, they still fall right in line with what you're discussing.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

i believe they were doing it to pray to different Animal spirits... i may be mistaken though.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: GonzoSinister

i believe they were doing it to pray to different Animal spirits... i may be mistaken though.

well that theory would explain the animal shapes

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
I find it interesting that you did not include the Vedic texts in your article. While I know they obviously aren't a structure, they still fall right in line with what you're discussing.

I've actually never heard of those before....

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Oh, wow. Look them up. They seem to describe a massive series of aerial battles and bombardments.
There's a few decent theories that they are about the breakup of a large comet in the inner solar system, and several large fragments impacting earth, but it's fascinating either way.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Just Google vedic text aliens

That isn't the entirety of the texts, by far, but it's there.
edit on 3-8-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join