It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun like 'stone' on mars

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The Anus Of Mars?

*pfft!*

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

Well f me

That looks like a crab fossil or something

Why would NASA release it ?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boredsilly

You can't be serious, this is not result of pixels

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Another one

Of geez

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

It is the reincarnation of Joseph Stalin. Look at that image in the center, it is his facial profile. Maybe there is a Hitler one on the other side of the crater and they are facing off.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The crab looks to me like compression artifacts and Pareidolia. Can't really tell what we're looking at without better images. Personally, that's all I think this is. It looks interesting when they give the enhanced image, but keep in mind it's sharpening compression artifacts. The enhanced image is also centered on the particular area where the crab is, eliminating any context. A lot of these cases are the same way. Context often answers a lot of questions. To that extent, it's very deceptive to remove.

And like in other cases of paraeidolia, once you see something it's hard to see anyting else. That's when you can't trust your own eyes.
edit on 4-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is the untouched image

And even that looks interesting. The anomaly is a different colour to the rest of the surrounding rock.
If thats the case, why is it a different colour?

And if its a different type of rock altogether then how did it get there?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

NASA must have airbrushed it in to # with us.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Yes that is fair to say. However that was not what was said.
One cannot state as fact something about a planet that we know so little about. We have a rover snooping the surface to find out (allegedly 😉). So how can you say with the tiny amount of data about the place that there is nothing more than rocks?
So yes ignorant or lying.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I found a better picture of it on gigapan by BenMaster

Its in the 2nd pic down from the top and below left of the pointed rock.

gigapan.com...
edit on 4-8-2015 by NOrrTH because: added content

In this picture you can clearly see what appear to be two legs with knees, standing on a ledge. You can also see a head with two buggy eyes.

Probably just a rock. Or a Martian looking at the rover, hiding in the cleft in the rock behind a spikey shield.
edit on 4-8-2015 by NOrrTH because: (no reason given)

That said, there is a another picture of it in the same link (third picture down this time) where it appears to just be a rock. Look for the pointed rock and then down to the left. Different time of day, higher angle.
edit on 4-8-2015 by NOrrTH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well i am amazed at the stone walling this pic has received or am i ? lol

people saying they can't see anything, are your eyes clean ?

on a more serious note this is an interesting find indeed, thank you op for posting will be checking the original later.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
More I look at it the less anomalous it looks. It's paradolia. And where're the others? If it was a living thing, it can't be alone. And like someone else said, complex life of this sort is unlikely. If there was complex life of this sort, it'd be more immediately apparent. It'd be everywhere and umistakeable. And yet when you look at these images, what do you see? Desert, or something like it. Where're the cactus plants and the creepy crawlers and so on? If they ever existed, they got killed off billion years ago or more. That would coincide with the fact life on Mars might have started earlier, but because the conditions became hostile, it didn't stick around.

A rock is the simplest explanation and I don't see any reason to see otherwise. Occam's razor comes to the rescue.

If there's life, it's probably buried underneath. The blame does belong on NASA. They didn't equip their s*** to look for it. Some life detection capacities were on the Beagle 2 lander, but it failed to open after landing. The special thing about Beagle 2 is a large part of its purpose was to search for signs of life--Curiosity by comparison focuses more on geology and ancient martian conditions. Unless the life is obvious we won't see it.
edit on 4-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What I actually want to see is a size scale on this. It doesn't look like it could be more than a few inches, at best. Looking at the original NASA raw image, the formation doesn't look that far away, and it's about level with the camera, so.this can't be too large.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It looks a little like one of those face hugger things from the Alien movies. Weird.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That is one of the "anomalies" that might actually be anomalous. Curious.

Anyone see the 1953 flick 'Invaders From Mars?' It looks like the little tentacled guy in the jar who *spoiler* runs things.

And as someone mentioned, Dr Brandenberg has put together a compelling case for old nukes on Mars... and before laughing at it, one should really look at what he's saying ... others are saying it, too, but they're too chicken to publish, heh.

It might be radiation from some unknown natural force that mimics nukes... buuuuut we might actually have signs of a nuked Mars... and a (jaw dropping) history that is repeating itself.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I am surprised anyone would think that there is nothing wrong with that second close-up picture with that spider looking sculpture and suggest it is a natural rock.

I am equally surprised that nobody suspects that the image was doctored or tampered with.

----

Equally amazing is just this image on mars - so close up, with such clarity. Was this taken from the rover?

Wow, could definitely pass for some place on Earth. Must be an exciting time for geologists to figure out the history of this place.

I wonder what caused this circular arrangement of rocks on this plain? A crashed asteroid/meteor?
edit on 5-8-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: baddmove
I'm pretty sure it's not "Just a Rock" this time,

as that is so out place I don't know what to think..

But as far as anomalies go, that's the best I have seen so far...

Does ATS allow gambling? Because I've got $100 that says it's just a rock.

Count me in with 100$ too.Would be nice if we could bet here

edit on 5-8-2015 by saudi because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2015 by saudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I already have a Solrock. Get back to me when you find a Lunatone.

It's interesting, but If there was a clearer image, it would probably turn out to be something unremarkable.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Oddly enough, looking through that gigapan pic, I found another one that looks similar....

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: baddmove
I'm pretty sure it's not "Just a Rock" this time,

as that is so out place I don't know what to think..

But as far as anomalies go, that's the best I have seen so far...

Does ATS allow gambling? Because I've got $100 that says it's just a rock.

When did you rewrite history and land on Mars to test the anomaly in being a rock? I would bet £1,000,000 you never did, did you?..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join