It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun like 'stone' on mars

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

took me a while to find the image ,
image library is a knightmare to navigate

so long ago it seems now

funbox

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Maybe other planets are just exploring Mars with "crablike" rock climbing rovers?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

This is far out stuff

But it not represents small portion of secrets hidden by cabal

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarryPass
But it not represents small portion of secrets hidden by cabal

The cabal must be pretty crappy at hiding things, because... here it is.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
double
edit on 6-8-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
double

Man on second, two runs score.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
*a yodelling tentacle rip's the field through quazi stable portals, *

is it still 2 12>X=v>R?

*a quadwaddle wee's on the pitch, whilst the coxswain official spontaneously combust for the crowds sheer delight*

funbox

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
nice find indeed.
Me take on this would be

..the core of the boulder was still somewhat hot when it got split. what you see as pattern is magma seeped though the outer cooler layers of the stone body exposed.
The nature of the stone could be meteorite.

D0.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
* the crowd roars as the air buggering noise rips the cliff face asunder, micro-it's plunder strangly shaped clams for there chowder goodness*

can someone please remove the dead cow from the field

*the meteorite gentle alights into position whilst strawberry flavoured assmatic wind gently nibbles the score five bats *

foundthepeashooterBox

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
* the crowd roars as the air buggering noise rips the cliff face asunder, micro-it's plunder strangly shaped clams for there chowder goodness*

can someone please remove the dead cow from the field

*the meteorite gentle alights into position whilst strawberry flavoured assmatic wind gently nibbles the score five bats *

foundthepeashooterBox

hi funbox

it could be a smaller piece of original more massive body that separated and landed more or less in one piece due to slower entry velocity?

D0.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

indeed, *a tentacle flicks the portal shut, the field, players and some stripy curtains disappear to where they belong*

to me it doesn't look like a meteor strike has happened there, looks like its been there for a while, whatever underlying structure is being eaten into shape, or maybe its growing in the shade

funbox

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I see a spider too. Creepy rock spiders can stay put on mars, thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
come on skeptics the "face hugger" anomaly deserves at least more exploration. it may be or may not be a rock, it really doesnt look like a rock, but maybe mars has some geological shapes that we dont have here on earth.

this and the "crinoid" anomalies are the best i've seen so far.

edit: oh i see the image is likely a fake. but the unedited one by funbox still shows something, whats seems to be a fossil of some kind. very interesting.
edit on 6-8-2015 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think hands down, the best weird thing on Mars yet. In this and the few cases like it, investigation is the only thing that can satisfy us. I would really like to be the fly on the wall in the control room when stuff like this pops up. (Especially when they did not see it first!)
edit on 6-8-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
There's a lot of hub-bub about whether the original was somehow altered into the one circulating the web that is crisper and defined.

I went to the MSL Curiosity website, downloaded the original, extracted the area and question and resized to do an overlay.

The first one is from the original, unaltered except in size:

The second one here is with the one on the web that has been enhanced, as a fitted overlay.

The choice is yours.

Have a nice day

but what's that in the first pic? its obviously not a rock, the shape, the colour, everything is different about it. if only the image quality was better...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

indeed, *a tentacle flicks the portal shut, the field, players and some stripy curtains disappear to where they belong*

to me it doesn't look like a meteor strike has happened there, looks like its been there for a while, whatever underlying structure is being eaten into shape, or maybe its growing in the shade

funbox

what I am saying is that on the picture you can see pronounced core. Probably iron. Outside temperature was too cold for the molten iron to cool off gracefully.

cheers

D0.
edit on 6-8-2015 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2015 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
My guess is that it was a small iron/nickel rich meteorite on a very shallow fast trajectory and slammed into the rock face thus fusing it into the face of the rock.

I Bet a lot of other people said the same thing but I didn't feel like sifting this thread.

So yeah anyway a little late to this party.

edit on 6-8-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

splat, freeze indeed , I see what your saying , but note the two tendrils hovering in mid air above the dark hole at the bottom of it , would the iron freeze so quick as not to drop through to the ground plain?

funbox

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
the outside of the meteorite was cooling too fast. Core was pushing heat through crust forming spider patterns imo.

)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

wouldn't a meteorite need to be going fast to get molten enough through that thin atmos to spread in such a way on impact ?

funbox

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join