It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun like 'stone' on mars

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Are I do believe you've caught a glimpse of the rare jpg artifact monster. Normally a nocturnal beast, it does on rare occasions come out in broad daylight. Quite a find indeed. Rumor has it that it dines on pixels and if examined closely the beast seems to gain an even more voracious appetite.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: boredsilly
Are I do believe you've caught a glimpse of the rare jpg artifact monster. Normally a nocturnal beast, it does on rare occasions come out in broad daylight. Quite a find indeed. Rumor has it that it dines on pixels and if examined closely the beast seems to gain an even more voracious appetite.

While I actually believe you are more than likely correct, it makes me confused how so many could believe a pixel anomaly is 100% ordinary rock. Lol. There are some crazies on here

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I see you have found a picture of the Appalachian mud squid in its native habitat

www.pinterest.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
I'm pretty sure it's not "Just a Rock" this time,

as that is so out place I don't know what to think..

But as far as anomalies go, that's the best I have seen so far...

Did you see the vacuum attachment?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: s1ngular1ty

Well, if the bomb isn't designed properly it may not do as much as you think. The Fatman bomb was nearly a fizzle, meaning that it barely achieved the reaction necessary for a fission explosion. It actually only completely used less than 10% of the fissile material available. Even the Tsar Bomba, the largest bomb ever detonated at 50Mt, only converted about 2.3 kg of it's fuel to energy. Had Fatman actually come anywhere close to 100% efficiency it would have actually been MUCH more powerful than it was.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Could it be something like a gypsum flower?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
we're not the only ones taking an interest

The only thing I can think of is it's actually a rock that has fallen from the top of the ridge and smashed into an odd shape. Combine that with some tricky lighting and shadows and you never know there is a bit of an over hang though. Or then again maybe it crawled down them...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Wow thanks for your amazing FACTUAL insight. Hold on that's right.....it's not fact....just your opinion. And from what I can see it's an arrogant closed mind opinion. I'm not saying any of these images brought up are anything more than rocks etc but for you to come out and say there is nothing other than this on Mars is either ignorance or lies.

So what are you? Ignorant? Or a lier?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That image looks amazing but I'm sure it's been enhanced (colour etc) in some way.
Really is a very cool image and gets the imagination going for sure.

Looks like a cross between a sun/sol symbol and a face-hugger.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Its easy for the mind to percieve zfamiliar shapes, more substamtial material is needed

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

That image looks amazing but I'm sure it's been enhanced (colour etc) in some way.
Really is a very cool image and gets the imagination going for sure.

Looks like a cross between a sun/sol symbol and a face-hugger.

looks like a root system. Tree trunk?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It looks like a statue of a lion with an alien trying to walk out from behind it. You can clearly see the alien head and eyes above the lion statue and you can see the alien feet. It also looks like an opening from a cave, just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It also could be a statue of a roman. I see what looks like a helmet and it looks like the statue holding a round shield. Many roman shields had lions faces and sun designs on them. you can see the two legs of the statue clearly.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

With that attitude, you're no different than those who think every rock is artificial. You're just the antithesis of each other. Neither you, nor they are skeptics. You're both believers.

Really because I have never thought that, but as I have said before...what your seeing is a rock now as to what kind of rock who knows...but to call it anything other than that without further research is silly.

And yes it is fun to speculate...but that doesn't mean we don't have to use common sense with what your looking at.

And you really have no idea about what I believe...but again it is fun to speculate.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I'm pretty sure funbox found this thing about a year ago.

He actually did, or better: nomickeyshere pointed to that anomaly almost exactly one year ago (linky) and funBox assisted in illustrating what he meant.

Spo(o)key stuff and still an interesting thread (this one), despite the enhancement and low resolution in the original image. Keeping my fingers crossed for an ammonite fossil up-close, one of these sols!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

but for you to come out and say there is nothing other than this on Mars is either ignorance or lies.

Why, has there been proof found that anything other than rocks are on Mars?

So until that happens all we see are rocks...so how is that ignorance or a lie?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

YOU ALL GOTTA ADMIT

This rock is cool and promising

Greg

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: Konduit

Back to the topic at and, it does look incredibly out of place. Almost like a fossil or some sort of fungi? Never seen anything like this before in a Mars photo, definitely strange.

Good catch OP

Did you altar the image of the object of interest at all?

YES!! HE DID!!

Here is the original image unaltered

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

You're arrogance is sickening.

For being 34 million miles away, you sure do act as if you know everything about Mars. You know, a planet you've never legitimately studied at a professional level... As a civilization, we've hardly even studied much of Mars. Yet you just seem so damn sure about it.

Comedy.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
image altered or not....i can still see something that looks odd....if thats a rock,it would be the most odd looking rock ive ever seen

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join