It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Konduit

Do you believe in UFO's? Or do you believe that UFO's do not exist.

I know that there are unidentified flying objects. I know they exist. I've seen an object I could not identify.
I have no reason to "believe" they are all representative of anything in particular.

Do you believe God exists? Or do you believe God does not exist?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: r0xor

hey what happened to my sweet stats?

I thought about it for a while and figured it out.

edit on 8/3/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have no reason to believe It does or doesn't. I have no belief when it comes to God. Nor do I think it matters.

edit on 8/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Do you believe in UFO's? Or do you believe that UFO's do not exist.

I know that there are unidentified flying objects. I know they exist. I've seen an object I could not identify.
I have no reason to "believe" they are all representative of anything in particular.

Do you believe God exists? Or do you believe God does not exist?

What's a God?

link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Also if he is new to the web OP made a big mistake just
jumping into these waters. Believe me, I know all about
that sh#t. Did the same damn thing on these very boards
right chair. I only survived because some took pity.

Pity party OP?
edit on Ram80315v18201500000045 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
There's plenty of proof that humans are not evolved, just clever animals that have adapted. Thinking, is just another adaptation, you're simply using it wrong.

We are a parasitic infestation that will either destroy the host, or ourselves eventually, or perhaps both.

We are in essence, highly advanced slime. You can see proof of this everywhere, every day.

If a creation, then our creator must feel constantly shamed and embarased by us.

If there is a creator, hopefully he can find a way to prevent humanity from spreading beyond this solar system...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Therefore by definition you are Complacent, not Atheist.

Try not to confuse them.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
What's a God?

Well, I don't know the answer to that question,
but he does..

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I like this Konduit guy

link   
a reply to: arimass101

Fish, meet barrel.

There exists a being, who is the master of everything that exists and who brought all things into being at the time he desired. He sustains them as long as he so desires, and rules over them with complete authority. This Being is perfect in every way, having absolutely no imperfection whatsoever. He does not depend on anything else, and is not affected by anything whatsoever.

There exists a conception of such a being. There also exists a conception of a money-crazed talking duck. Do money-crazed talking ducks exist?

Gods existence is absolutely without beginning or end. That is, He did not pass from nonexistence into existence, and will absolutely never pass into nonexistence.

Attributes that God might have if He existed. And then again, might not have. If He existed.

He therefore always was, and always will be, and it is impossible for him to cease to exist.

How do you know He always will be? Please prove this logically.

God is the cause of all that is, but He himself is not the result of any cause.

Merely a definition. Aristotle's definition, in fact. Proves nothing.

Rather, His existence is necessary, intrinsic to his nature.

'If He exists, He has to exist, therefore He exists?'

What poppycock. If it is true, then the converse must also be true: if He doesn't exist, He doesn't have to exist, therefore He doesn't exist. You can't have one assertion without the other.

He is divorced from... every natural law.

Then how did He create the Universe?

Either the universe had a creator or the universe had always existed. Which is more logical?

Those are not the only two options. Here is a third: the universe came into existence spontaneously, about 14 billion years ago. It is no more absurd than the idea of a God whose attributes are the ultimate in simplicity somewhow creating the ultimate in complexity, or that matter and energy have always existed and always will. On the contrary, it is a lot more believable, especially since we only have to look up into the heavens to see the proof of it.

You, like the member who tried to sell us an ontological proof of God's existence, are probably not aware of the details of the philosophical debate that have swirled around this subject for something like three thousand years. Any 'proof' you think you have of God's existence has already been debunked a hundred times over. The same goes for any 'proofs' of His nonexistence.

The existence of God cannot be proved or disproved by logic.

Go and read some philosophy and stop wasting your own and other people's time.

link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley
I'm an agnostic atheist. It's comforting to know that I have enough intelligence to know that there are some things we will never know.

Checkmate.

Never say never Crowley.
How about a preference? I imagine you would prefer to be right,
but what about beyond that?

link   

Try not to confuse them.

I'm not. Your source:

Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Absence of belief. Like darkness is the absence of light, not another kind of light.

edit on 8/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Blimey you sure hate humanity.
I see the good we do.
We have our faults but we sure make up for them.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

So we are to believe that god is omnipresent and always has been, the universe must of had a creator as it cant have always been there. Yet god has always and will always be...so who created god? You must agree that if the universe had to be created by something then logic states that god had to be created also. What was god doing before it created the universe? Why did god create the universe?
I was raised in a catholic home but it was not forced upon me, i made my own mind up over years of questions and reading.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

While I may not agree with all the points you present, you do make some great arguments, and you do it well.

It's been a LONG time since I've been in a thread with you regarding this subject, and it's again an honor to be in this one with you now! Always respectable, you are a great contributor Astynax, even though you may not be particularly fond of drummers.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So by your logic, not believing something exists is absolutely different than believing that something does not exist.

I have no reason to believe It does or doesn't. I have no belief when it comes to God. Nor do I think it matters.

Complacent; Satisfied with the current situation and unconcerned with changing it, often to the point of smugness.

Point taken.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tubbytick

So we are to believe that god is omnipresent and always has been, the universe must of had a creator as it cant have always been there. Yet god has always and will always be...so who created god? You must agree that if the universe had to be created by something then logic states that god had to be created also. What was god doing before it created the universe? Why did god create the universe?
I was raised in a catholic home but it was not forced upon me, i made my own mind up over years of questions and reading.

Where's OP? Napping?
Drop kicks uneat'n portion of pop corn across the room.
edit on Ram80315v34201500000053 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

It is a hypothesis considered by scientists. Maybe not all of them, but there are most definitely scientists out there that are perfectly comfortable with the notion of a creator.

The reason science can't deal with the issue as a whole is because it deals with understanding the material universe. How is a discipline based entirely on the material universe supposed to deal with a concept that is by definition immaterial?

It is not hypothesized that there is a god. A hypothesis must be falsifiable and theology cannot be quantified.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
So what is the deal?

Has the OP walked on water yet?

Any burning bushes around?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

So by your logic, not believing something exists is absolutely different then believing that something does not exist.
Yes, obviously. But I don't "believe" God doesn't exist. I have no reason to think it does.

Satisfied with the current situation and unconcerned with changing it, often to the point of smugness.
Well, when it comes to God. Yes. Should I create one I can believe in for you?

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join