It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Thank you very much!

I desperately needed a chuckle.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I would just like to point out the fact that both Organized Religion and Atheism are hard-set belief systems that have no irrefutable evidence to prove or disprove either one.

What is the belief system of atheism? (no need to capitalize it).

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Stay in context and don't get all wobbley.
I have a hard enough tme.

I hear you.
I have a hard time as well, and often can't express myself as I wish.

Hey! I'm having a cold one right now!

Re: the OP. I haven't seen any 'proof' presented yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Can religion help us in our day?

For example:
- how can religion help the immigrants Europe is dealing with right now? Explain.
- how can religion help to solve the problems regarding IS or Syria? Explain.
- how can religion help to cure cancer or obesity or deaths by car accidents? Explain.

Okay, now something simple:
- how can religion help against droughts? Because it is known that gods are helping in times of great need for a better weather. What or whom do we have to sacrifice?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

nope just wondering why he screwed up so bad when he made me. it seems a little unfair. why randomly screw over people? I have no other outstanding qualities, so why'd he do that to me. just decimate the fairness of the playing field? why?

Sounds like you might have a self esteem issue? There are natural laws in place. Things like genetics. Just because you think you got the # end of the stick doesn't mean you are lacking purpose.

Even if we assume that reality is purely mechanical, and the universe operates as it does as if it is a clock, that still doesn't disprove the idea of a clock maker.

If we are to talk about personal interpretations and the nature of "God", we can do so. But that is not the purpose of the thread (nor should it be). We need to establish whether such a thing can exist, before we can define what it's nature is.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I would just like to point out the fact that both Organized Religion and Atheism are hard-set belief systems that have no irrefutable evidence to prove or disprove either one.

They are both more alike then most would like to admit.

Perhaps in your perception but not in actual experience.

When I say "I am atheist" that merely means that I have no belief in a god or gods based on what I know.

I do not know everything, and that is not a limitation.

Why are you so challenged by atheists? Why are you so desperate to make "an absence of belief" into "belief"?

If god is discovered tomorrow, wonderful! If the opposite were proven, wonderful!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

They are both more alike then most would like to admit.

Atheism means Lack of Belief in a God/Deity. That is all it means. Nothing else. It doesn't even mean Anti-God.

An atheist can have beliefs. Actually many do. But, its individual.

You can call it one person's Personal Atheist Philosophy if you'd like.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

you've got to love absentee landlords!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist. Atheism is contrasted with theism, which, in its most general form, is the belief that at least one deity exists.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Oh look another thread claiming proof when it is nothing of the sort.

link   
Oh, this again. Good post your opinion is helpful. Somehow I believe I've read this before here last year or something.

link   

originally posted by: arimass101

originally posted by: arimass101
My god only about 3 of you tried to debate from the question I asked and none replied to my arguments. Whats up!!??

I guess you have no answers... I'm waiting...

Knock knock anyone there?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Does it seem odd that OP is the only one who hasn't really engaged
anyone in any way at all. in the midst of all the micro debates going
on instead.

I don't remember anything like this in the program.

But hell yaagain!
edit on Ram80315v51201500000042 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

It is a hypothesis considered by scientists.

Not while they're at work. 'God did it' is not a scientific argument.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

edit on 8/3/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: arimass101

"Over the years I came to the conclusion that the knowledge that there exists a creator to the world (with all the details below. Scroll down to see what I mean) is extremely simple and any thinking human whose brain is functioning normally will come to that very conclusion.

The obvious question is why does such a large quantity of people in the world, so many people of all generations among them genius minds of big scientists and philosophers deny that fact?"

Starting off with a pretty blatant logical fallacy are we? That isn't the question, and it is not obvious ir a foregone conclusion. Ridiculous.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

So, there is no belief system in atheism then. I thought not.
It is an absence of belief, as your source says.
edit on 8/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Oh look another thread claiming proof when it is nothing of the sort.

OP definitely hasn't proven squat. But you can all thank me for salvaging this thread later

link   
a reply to: arimass101

Neither the universe didn't always exist. We know it was created. We also know that nothing can be created without time. And we know time didn't exist until the creation of our universe. If time didn't exist then how could a God exist. He would need time to create the universe. But in actuality this is just a pointless argument. It's like saying your going to sail to the edge of the earth. Now matter how long you search for it you'll never find it. God is like that there will never be proof of hist existance and never be able to disprove it either. Therefore the question is useless it doesn't further out knowledge in any way.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: aorAki

Does it seem odd that OP is the only one who hasn't really engaged
anyone in any way at all. in the midst of all the micro debates going
on instead.

I guess mass debating got the better of the OP?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join