It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Originally posted by Konduit
Just a troll with a large vocabulary.

Phage, I think it's time you put this under your screen name in your avatar.

edit on 3/8/15 by Astyanax because: of over-emphasis.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Konduit

Here let me help you. You see there are actual words/definitions for these things.

I will explain it in a way a total moron can comprehend.

Test for theism or atheism:

Do you believe in a deity or deities?

Yes = Theist

No = Atheist

How certain are you?

Completely certain = Gnostic Theist/Atheist

Less than completely certain = Agnostic/Atheist

Simple

Please do not attempt to lump Agnostics with Atheists, it gives us all a bad name as Neil Degrasse Tyson can explain for you in more ways then I ever could.

Let me fix this for you.

Do you not believe in a deity or deities?

Yes = Atheist

No = Theist

How certain are you?

Completely certain = Gnostic Theist/Atheist

Less than completely certain = Agnostic
edit on 3-8-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

It should be noted that Theism does not necessarily include all those who believe in an intelligent creator to the universe. For instance there is Deism and all the other "Ism's". But You nailed that issue to the wall quite nicely. I really enjoyed Tyson's views on the subject and found them very refreshing.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

This thread is really bringing me back, almost to nostalgic levels... Your argument is a valid one, but some decent points have been made about this before.

I have a very good friend who claims to be an "agnatheist", a concept I have always found to be a bit confusing. I was so confused by it, that I started a thread about it, wanting some clarity. That thread for the most part was some-what productive. If you want to see a perspective of those with this view, check my old thread.

Here's the link to that one - www.abovetopsecret.com...

I promise I'm not trying to plug old threads, as this is the second time I've done this whitin this thread! But when I joined ATS these were big reasons why I joined in the first place. 9-11, ghosts, and spiritual stuff was the main reason I came to ATS. I really like threads like this simply because we don't see too many anymore.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Do you not believe in a deity or deities? Yes = Atheist

Ok. So then, I am an atheist.
I do not believe in a deity or deities.

edit on 8/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Something is not Created without a CREATOR to Create it.
As is not nothing Created without a CREATOR...
Unless something Created itself from nothing, as the CREATOR.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the 1st page comment with the most stars:

Honestly, reading that made my physically ill. I love how you assume so much of people. I'm glad you have a relationship with your "creator" and I'm glad it gets you by, but I find your sentiments delusional and scary. The universe was created by my anus.

BE PROUD, ATS. BE PROUD.
edit on 3-8-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
If a creation, then our creator must feel constantly shamed and embarased by us.

Id reckon so … yes … if it understood those emotions.

ausername
If there is a creator, hopefully he can find a way to prevent humanity from spreading beyond this solar system...

check

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: ausername

Blimey you sure hate humanity.
I see the good we do.
We have our faults but we sure make up for them.

I didn't see the above poster hating humanity, rather disgusted with how they be, after an inordinate amount of time to ‘get it together’.
How exactly does humanity ‘make up for it’? When they are limited organisms for the most part governed by base personal motivations?

I've a knack for killing threads ... 3 ... 2 ... 1

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Lol, ok you made a pretty good point there.... I am personally totally enjoying this thread, even tho the OP has basically totally bailed. Ah well......

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Agnostic atheism is what NdGT identifies as. Most atheists are agnostic atheists.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Which is why so many of them react so violently to the notion of a creative intelligence behind the origin of the universe, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: arimass101

I love how you scoff at the idea that the universe can't possibly be infinite yet have no problems at all believing this god is! You can't have it both ways.

There is no proof there is/was a creator, that doesn't mean there isn't one, I find it highly unlikely and if there was one I would probably believe it was a super advanced race of aliens than some entity that thinks he rules everything and is "perfect", sounds like a pretty scary dictator to me. XD

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

The premise behind the OP (however poorly thought out) is that there must be either A) a creator or B) an eternal universe.

Infinite wouldn't be the best word to use here, since with even modern theories of the big bang, the universe is still finite. Creates a lot of questions, yes? Makes you wonder why anyone would call anyone else an idiot for speculation over the origins, no? If not, it should.

The only morons here are people incapable of using their brains and jumping on a bandwagon. That goes for both sides.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Something is not Created without a CREATOR to Create it.
As is not nothing Created without a CREATOR...
Unless something Created itself from nothing, as the CREATOR.

NAMASTE*******

- What IS a Creator?
Some intelligent being, with intention and intuition, this would be my idea of a creator.
- What would a creator without boundaries (endless materials, endless space, endless time) create?
Anything.
- What would a creator with boundaries create?
Something which fulfills a purpose.

What is the purpose of something completely purposeless, like a single speck of dust, a billion lightyears away?
We can't detect it, we are not influenced by it in any way, we will never be able to visit this little piece of dust.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Whatever you believe, it is not your place to judge and condemn or force others to search for the creator. The path of light must begin it's first step with individual choice. There must be the natural attraction to knowing your place in the world. No one on this planet can judge or act against another in the name of the creator. Those that do this will be punished harder than the pagans who created the current civilization. Stay humble, empower yourself and feel privileged if the creator has decided to show you something. Only state what is intended, otherwise the message will become lost. You and I are here to live in his ways, not criticize the ones that do not yet see. Your connection to the creator is personal, but you have every right to feel empowered as this was his intention. Stay humble my brothers, your time to speak is approaching soon.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You need to study further creator's creation

God has made sure there are people who will not acknowledge God while in the physical life

The question you need to seek is why would God create such a system

Answer that and ultimately you will see you are wasting your time here

Atheists are servants of God too they just don't realise it

I wish you luck

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Don't waste your breath on people that are not meant to see. It's what was intended. Their fears and insecurities will only be projected onto you and could disrupt your connection to the creator. Our job is to listen until told to act. A majority of individuals still roaming this site are skeptics, or scorned individuals who are angry because they know the creator has chosen to ignore them as they are not true human beings. Let them be surrounded by materialistic needs which will hold them down as the world crumbles beneath their feet. It's their destiny by not being able to recognize the atrocities of their "fore fathers." I have no sympathy or anger towards the lost. They simply were not intelligent enough to have the capacity to understand the creator's message by design. Everyone chose to be where they are. If you are confused, then you were meant to be. If you are enlightened by these words then you were meant to be. Those that have chosen to live and enjoy this pagan world created before a false prophet are destined to be buried with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Naabaahii

What a hypocritical bunch of illogical strawmen arguments.

You are not special. You are not a snowflake. Your religious faith is but one out of the many thousands man has invented over time.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

"Either the universe had a creator or the universe had always existed. Which is more logical?"

Neither is more logical than the other.

To do say otherwise would imply some kind of knowledge that is lost to 99.99% of the population or more.

Which doesn't make any sense. If God was around and kicking, you'd think he'd want a little more love than that. And therefore would make himself visible in a lot more ways then some people claim he is.

My grand mother used to say that the wind was Jesus blowing you kisses. That's how she came to terms with a scientific phenomena she didn't understand.

Conclusions based on inadequate observations are all the rage. Even way back then.

I don't claim to know God exists or doesn't exist in a lot of cases. I don't have the evidence to say otherwise. And neither do most people, outside of anecdotal stories and personal beliefs. The conclusions you've drawn from your own journey are not a roadmap for other people's faith.

Nor will it ever be considered proof of anything, but your own convictions.

~Tenth

edit on 8/3/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Wow bro... Harsh. I'm not sure that's quite what your grandma meant...

But hey. If you want to be a dick about your dead grandma that's cool too.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join