It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cincinnati preparing for riots after viewing bodycam footage of fatal UC traffic stop

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I posted this in Starfoxxx's thread that was the one put up a bit later.

"I have been pulled over a handful of times in my life. A few for speeding. Once for expired tags/paperwork. I have almost never felt unsafe though. I wonder why that is? Maybe because I am a white female and normally driving not in the inner city. I once even got my car stuck on a median after leaving a night club, I had had 5 drinks in 4 hours and may have been underage. 2 policemen pushed my car off the median and and said off you go. Was likely more that I had been driving only a year and the u-turn on that street is difficult. To this day it is.

There was only 1 time I felt nervous. I stopped too far under a red light to see it. The car behind me beeped, so I assumed it turned green. I turned left and about 5 blocks down the road, I got pulled over by 2 and then up to 5 police cars. I thought it was all about the light. They were yelling at me "IS this your car???" n"Hands on the wheel", I was babbling about the red light. I was so confused, no one else would have wanted it, a '79 mustang hatchback with a hole in the floor I paid $400 for. They were all around the car . One had drawn their gun. I find out that a black and red mustang had just in the last half hour been stolen, but it had to be obvious it wasn't one in the condition of my car. Police seem different in a pack. Or more than one. I could see something odd in their eyes. I was more than scared. It is even possible that if their radio call didn't come in that the real stolen car was being chased, that I might of floored it. That was almost 20 years ago, too. In a suburb. This has been slowly changing and it is changing for everyone."

There have been different rules for different people- which is bad- but it is sneaking up on all of us. If you feel fear when you are pulled over..or even better ...when you see the lights...go to a crowded area and call 911 on the way and say what your intent is.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I guess the sentence, "No, I don't have a drivers license on me" was outside of the man's vocabulary. If he wasn't acting shady, all that would have happened is a citation and a dismissal once he'd shown he was licensed.

*flame retardant on*

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
If that's the case then I hope something is pursued, though I imagine it would be difficult to make it go anywhere. "Foggy memory" and such.

I think he alluded to it being almost inconsequential that the other officer lied, which is a damning statement in itself.

He pretty much said that officers lie to cover each other all the time, and he's seen thousands of cases. If it's never been dealt with before then it's pretty unlikely it's going to be dealt with now.

Also I have to say that the DA was a stellar fella at that meeting.
Having seen so many people popping up to give their statements to the public and press on all these events over the last few years, he really stood out as being level headed, honest, genuine and deeply upset by the whole thing.

Why the hell cant all people in such a position be that Human?
I don't know anything about him other than what I saw at the briefing, but if I were a local I would want him to be making decisions for my city or state.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I guess the sentence, "No, I don't have a drivers license on me" was outside of the man's vocabulary. If he wasn't acting shady, all that would have happened is a citation and a dismissal once he'd shown he was licensed.

*flame retardant on*
He said he thought he had it on him. Maybe he left without his wallet. He sounded lucid to me. Acting 'shady' does not = street execution without trial. Every person is a little nervous when pulled over. I think something scared him. If he had warrants out, it would have been in the media by now. Having no license or a suspended one is usually a ticket, sometimes they tow, sometimes they don't.

The bottle of gin was obviously full and sealed. If transporting alcohol was a crime, all the housewives I see in the Liquor Supercenter/Gourmet shop picking up buy 1 get 1 of Barefoot brand wine - 20 bottles at a time and other stuff...all of suburbia would be in jail at this moment.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I thought the dude was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing. I didn't see much "keeping it real" until the cop went to open his door.

Any cop that's done more than two traffic stops knows that "I have a license, you can run my name" means "I don't have my license on me" and there's really no need to turn it into a federal case and ask the question 37 different ways.

Stroke another ticket for driving without a license and move on.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: EternalSolace

Stroke another ticket for driving without a license and move on.

Or even less. 3x in the village I live in...I have been pulled over for broken taillight or expired registration or inspection and they added on the fact I didn't have my license in my purse. But each and EVERY time I was given 48 hours to appear at the police station with anything they had asked for. I would get done what needed doing (i am a procrastinator), show up at the window in the police station. An officer comes out and examines my taillight , looks at whatever paperwork needed correction and...wa llaaa...all gone.

Why me? And the police station that handles this is usually the larger town nearby, not the village police station. The larger town does have crime, a good amount.

I am guessing it is my skin color. I am guessing it is because my address is in a wealthy village. When I was in college, didn't have the wealthy address, but had the skin color, the blond hair, a few pounds lighter. Almost like my avatar. I look like it, that is why I picked it. And because I play wartune. But the face looks like me. Though I am a little less grumpy looking.

I am not the type that acts stupid and flirts with police though, so get that out of your mind. It just IS.

And it should not be. If I was in a different neighborhood and had different skin and if I was male for icing on the cake....I might have been dead by now. For procrastination. About paperwork.
edit on 29-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

We are all next.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This thread is going to become a confusing mess if all other threads relating to the topic but different aspects is shut down.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Indicted for murder.

Maybe we can avoid a riot after all.

I hope so. I have two very dear friends who live in Cincinnati. I just contacted one of them asking to give me her first person perspective on what is "bubbling" there at the moment. She said that Sam Dubose's family released this statement:

"We're supportive of what's happening out here as long as people are peaceful so that's really important for us to make sure people understand that," Allen said."No matter what was said, Sam wasn't violent so it would completely harm his memory if people would take that route, we don't want that at all." (Sam's sister)

She continued to add on her own (*I asked permission to share, btw):

There is a peaceful protest schedule at the Court House tonight by The Black Lives Matter group. At the same time Allen's group will be hosting that discussion for the community in their space in OTR.

...and then sent me this photo:

Rioting and looting will do NOTHING. But coming together in such a way with dialogue will allow grieving hearts to be healed in a peaceful way. I really LOVE Cincinnati, it is one of the most nicest cities I have seen and experienced in the States. The people are so very cool and hip there as well. Very artsy and cultured. A breath of fresh air in those parts; yet with slight stink that must flow on by....

Indicting the officer and convicting him to life in prison will help the healing begin and also begin the process of making officers more aware that they are NOT above the law and will be held accountable for their actions. It might also pave the road to society making changes themselves.

America, as I see it, always a choice: They can either get wet in the storm (riot) or find the silver lining in this very dark cloud (come together) and make rainbows.

* The officer's last name suits him well....

p.s - She just sent me this text: It's pouring rain and peaceful right now. I've been watching the live coverage of the rally and it remains peaceful too. We are all very alert.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
This is a very interesting albeit horribly tragic event. After watching the video, it appeared to me that the situation escalated very quickly and the officer was unprepared and acted out of panic. Poor police training?

I don't know local traffic code there in regards to a front tag or plate but that bottle of Gin, no liscence and getting ready to run certainly made him suspect.

So now we have a situation that the concern of releasing the body camera is the potential for violence. When really, if nothing else this video should at the very least be used to analyze what gets an officer in a situation like this. I mean let's be honest, every cop would rather just go home at the end of the day, right?

Body cameras should be part of every cops monthly evaluations. Random stops should be analyzed and scored on proficiency, tactic, safety and humility. No thin blue line just red check marks.

Whoa! the plate should mean nothing if there is another plate, and the vehicle is identifiable as should be the case within a month, there is no cognition of this in the stop, and you want to go all Hmmm, this is very interesting, yet you don't even mention if the officer had a gun already drawn in the entire episode, so did he? if so why? do you know, I don't. Certainly the bottle of Gin is a heads up in the right circumstances, but the policeman had a deal of time to evaluate that...was the bottle opened or not? I don't know, do you, but definitely far from empty? A second bottle of Gin then? do you see the officer stick his nose in or make any comment about smell..definitely not, opportunity lost then? All the officer had to do then was demand a sobriety test on suspicion, but I don't think he did, instead asking the now dead man to undo his seat belt..WTF.
Edit to add video, just garnered.

BTW, I hope the prosecutor will reflect on earlier statements for years to come.

edit on 29-7-2015 by smurfy because: Video.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have been watching all these police videos. I am white upper middle class and have had some awfull experience with cops over my life. Not sure it's a poor race economical situation issue. I belive it's more an issue with the function of law enforcement. Law enforcement has had 2 century's in the us to grow up with impunity. The word of the law carried more wieght than a citizen and with the lack of technology to capture said events status quo carried on. In the past thirty years a few things happened. Beginning in the late sixties activism took root with the advent of national news tv. Many just causes and crusades were persued but in the wake of maad, national drug war and many many more the local law enforcment found a new aveue for an income stream. Local community's hitched there wagons to this train and so on. In the guise of public safety they started training new Leo's to use this guide to help extract this extra income. The 80's it sky rocketed 90's was sailing smooth a couple of speed bumbs aka Rodney king. But something happened technology started getting small and excess able to the general population. Now with police forces led and trained by men that ran rough shot at will throw those years have hit an obstical they never saw coming. After my horrible experiences in the late nineties with over zealous Leo's I am excited to see body cams becoming more and more common. I hope law enforcment adapts to society. I would love to see a greatly reduced for of professionals one where they are compensated and educated to a standard of lawyers. One that's not used as an income stream picking apart silly no harm laws like front license plates, stupid laws seat belts, ect just to go on a treasure hunt. A line from a song by Corey smith goes " So I got arrested, just for speaking up
And that cop said boy the only right you have is to shut the # up " another line from that same song "
Thursday through Sunday, they're invading my space
Tellin' me its for my sake, they're keepin' the streets safe
By gettin' all the drunks off of the highway
But I say man, that's a big #in' lie
It's all about the money from the D.U.I.'s
Otherwise they'd be parked out in front of this bar
Giving free breathalysers before we get in our cars
Instead they just hide about 3 miles away
And sit and wait for one of us to make a mistake"

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
This thread is going to become a confusing mess if all other threads relating to the topic but different aspects is shut down.

Confusing mess? You mean like an 'Occupy" sit in where defecation, debauchery, bullhorns and communist handlers run wild?

Nobody is showing up for the pre riot Soros organizations funded media covered event in Cincinnati, except the media.

The pretend campus rent a cop is busted, there is solid evidence of his crime, so where is the controversy?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Stop pooping out of your mouth.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Stop pooping out of your mouth.

Tell that to your heroes with the bullhorns and the literal poopers ready to mess up public parks at the drop of a free Soros dime.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sam Dubose's family's attorney is Mark O'Mara. I hope they get a new attorney :|

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Confusing mess? You mean like an 'Occupy" sit in where defecation, debauchery, bullhorns and communist handlers run wild?

Nobody is showing up for the pre riot Soros organizations funded media covered event in Cincinnati, except the media.

The pretend campus rent a cop is busted, there is solid evidence of his crime, so where is the controversy?

It's murder.

And Occupy helped. It just has to be done again. In Buffalo, they were treated well. They were moved from the front of City Hall to the larger, grassy area to the right, but still highly visible. Corporations donated massive tent/living spaces meant for the Arctic. The police were 'hands off'. I am sure other cities did the same. I saw bad videos from NYC and a few other places, but it raised awareness.

Just has to be done again. And even again if it doesn't get enough attention.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Dude seriously. You're way off topic. And for what? You mad that there's not an inch of wiggle room here for you to slam the victim so you gotta slam someone?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Tim Pool livestreaming on YouTube of a demonstration outside CPD.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Dude seriously. You're way off topic. And for what? You mad that there's not an inch of wiggle room here for you to slam the victim so you gotta slam someone?

There is no controversy, the not a cop, is caught red handed his crime is on video and he has been arrested.

Why are people trying to create controversy where there is none?

There are no mob lynchings anymore no matter how much agitators want people to think there can be so they can rob liquor stores, get new Reeboks, big screen TV's, and the holy grail of new iphones.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Corporations donated massive tent/living spaces meant for the Arctic.

That was part of the conditioning for the future.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
My thread was merged with this one...Makes no sense because I posted about the indictment, not possible riots.

Anyhoo...I hear there are a LOT of people in downtown Cincinnati tonight. Black Lives Matter is holding a "rally" which I find totally unnecessary.

He's indicted. FOR MURDER. What more do these attention seekers want?? Praying the fine folks in Cincinnati DO NOT take the bait and start raising hell for no reason...Being pushed and prodded by those with an agenda.

That's all I have to say, for now. If you want to see the best copy of the video it is on 700 WLW's website. WARNING IT IS VERY GRAPHIC!!

Here is the link:

700 WLW's Copy of Body Cam Video

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join