It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cincinnati preparing for riots after viewing bodycam footage of fatal UC traffic stop

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: butcherguy

The statement that Black Live Matter doesn't eliminate the value of non-black lives. Within the justice system, black lives DON'T matter, they aren't equal... so the statement that All Lives Matter cannot be true until Black Lives Matter. It isn't an exclusionary statement and shouldn't be taken as one.

The name of the group is intentionally racist, there is no way of getting around it.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Yeah the cop has a mug shot now... the pictures the media is using should be reversed. Normal picture of victim, mug shot of the cop.

But you know the media stokes the upcoming race war by posting teenage pictures of grown men and playing up the victim status of black people... /s

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

a reply to: xuenchen

The protest is over, it lasted about an hour and ended with hugs and prayers.

They just released the video. It's not the weekend yet.

Here's what happened on the 4th of July there,

Cincinnati Mob Beats White Male Victim, “simply for being white”, While Rioting In Fountain Square – Rescued By Police, Media Silent…
Source

The area is fertile riot ground and usually the organizational money is just starting to flow this soon after these types of tragedies they look for have happened, as seen by recent activity in other areas. Black victim plus white cop plus video near a city equals orgasms in the professional protest community.

The locals who have legitimate concerns to peacefully protest will be overshadowed by the professional protestors.

so because assholes exist people attempting positive change should go away?

No, but there will be many going away as another area is turned into a ghetto that cannot recover for decades after rioting.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The statement that Black Live Matter doesn't eliminate the value of non-black lives. Within the justice system, black lives DON'T matter, they aren't equal... so the statement that All Lives Matter cannot be true until Black Lives Matter. It isn't an exclusionary statement and shouldn't be taken as one.

I wasn't trying to take anything away from the group. There are plenty of Latinos, whites and plain old mixed race people like myself that live in the inner cities that get pigeonholed as criminals by the police too. They are also killed.
I am just stating that until we stop drawing lines of race and income, we will be stuck where we are.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

No, but there will be many going away as another area is turned into a ghetto that cannot recover for decades after rioting.

you talk about the mom propagandizing, but that's starting to feel like a projection.
edit on 07pm08pm312015-07-29T20:15:06-05:0008America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

you talk about the mom propagandizing, but that's starting to feel like a projection.

No, I said she was already used as propaganda. Unless you think she has control over the media, she is not the one propagandizing.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Sure would be nice if the riot thread could've stayed about "riots" and the indictment thread could've stayed up.

I, for one, am really vastly more interested in the case than I am in what may or may not happen with "riots" that so far haven't even materialized.

Shamrock I'll ask you once, have you seen the full video, what's on here is not the full body cam video, it's actually a half-hour long, and it's pathetic in the aftermath which is about three quarters of the video. Look up Cincinnati.com

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Well I can't tell you how to feel about the experiences you've had or what to think in regards to solving the issues. All I can say is that I understand the statement and agree with it and as a white woman, I don't feel excluded by it rather I feel it's critical.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Haven't. Thanks for the tip

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

www.wcpo.com...

heres a link to the full video or anyone who hasnt seen it

it is pretty bad
for the record the bottle of gin that so many people seem gleeful to mention was unopened
the cop tries to drag him out of the car and the guy clearly fearful tries to pull the door shut
the cop then draws his weapon and fires at near point blank range at the guys head as he tries to remove himself from the line of fire by doing the only thing he can (moving the car)
the car then proceeds to crash into a telephone pole

(he didnt have his license on him big whoop.... im sure we would be hearing by now if he didnt actually have one)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fartlordsupreme

The whole incident is bad enough, let's not start trying to rewrite history already.

The cop wasn't trying to "drag him out of the car." The cop went to open his door. The guy started his car which is an indication he was going to try and leave the stop.

It doesn't even sound like he was hitting the gas till after the shot was fired (I was incorrect in an earlier comment, or the audio is lagging on my playback but I don't think it's the latter) which leads me to believe he hit the gas when his body lurched to the right after being struck.

Again: the incident is bad enough, I don't see any need to start adding hyperbolic spin to try and make it even worse than it already is.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'll just speculate... that bumping into a police officer with your car constitutes "assault with deadly weapon", thus justifying this shooting. Only when this (hypothetical) law is used in court to successfully defend this guy will the fires be lit. They're trying to avoid riots by indicting, but the acquittal with be the spark.

Dude was being removed from the vehicle lawfully when he bolted and drove towards the cop. There's more grey area here than people are acknowledging.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

he did not drive toward the cop
the cop was on the side of the car
did you even watch the video
at no point was the officer in danger and that seems to be the consensus of the "professionals" as well

you should feel ashamed of yourself for willfully trying to twist and contort these events in such a way

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

explain where i did that
the cop was trying to drag him out of the car
or do you think he was opening the door to give him a nice hand shake?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I watched it a few times. I'm not saying he drove directly at him with the front of the car. The cop was close enough so that if the car moves into the street at all, that's technically TOWARD him. At least that's one of the arguments they're likely to use, imo. Especially since the cop had his hand inside the car at the time.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

The cop was close enough so that if the car moves into the street at all, that's technically TOWARD him.

so if something that could have happened but didnt happen actually occurred they could use this incredibly flawed argument

i get it now
thanks

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I do have to wonder how he managed to make it successfully around those two cars without hitting them all while having a fatal gunshot wound to the brain. That might mean he knew he was dying and still had some life left, to which I feel very sorry for him and horrified, he knew it was over and there was nothing he could do.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Oh, the guy didn't start the car and try to take off? BS. He saw he was about to get arrested and boogied. But you can't do that with half a cop hanging off your door. They get spooked and shoot you. They're allowed to do that in some cases. Just watch.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Oh, the guy didn't start the car and try to take off? BS. He saw he was about to get arrested and boogied. But you can't do that with half a cop hanging off your door. They get spooked and shoot you. They're allowed to do that in some cases. Just watch.

how was he hanging off the door what was his arm attached to?
and thanks for shifting the argument from whether or not the car was coming toward the cop to whether or not it was moving at all

stay classy

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: fartlordsupreme.

So you're saying the cop wasn't removing the driver? Cop just blew the guy's head off simply because he was fleeing? Because what? He forgot the law? He wanted to be charged with murder? Of course not. He was in danger of being run over and "defended" himself. I'm no attorney, but I think the law provides for this. We'll see I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join