It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cincinnati preparing for riots after viewing bodycam footage of fatal UC traffic stop

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

No clue. Then again I don't understand why some here like to say I always defend cops, no matter what, either.

*shrug*

You seem to 'shoot pretty straight' and not ''from the hip' IMO. I have seen you call cops out when they deserve it.
You are the first that I saw calling it out that the cop reached into the car, for instance. You have a better viewpoint, being a cop.
Some people will hate you just because you are a cop. It isn't fair, but I am sure that you can handle it.

That's right Butcher. The cop asked him to take the seat belt off, at that point Mr. DuBose put his hand on the door lock and then started the car the police officer went in for the keys with one hand pulled the gun in the other, by this time Dubose had the car in drive. As soon as the cop shot him he pushed himself back also, SHOWING, he was no where NEAR getting stuck under the car. He shot that DUBOSE pretty much instantly car drove off the car was stopped by a light pole tree or something, Dubose never had a chance to hit the gas and drive off.
edit on 29-7-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The video really needed a thread of it own but since that can't happen
and to not make people have to search through 9 pages to find the video
in question here it is guys again for the people who only read page one and the last page.
PLEASE watch the video before commenting,,

Here is the FULL LENGTH video of that pig cop Ray tensing, shooting Mr. Debose

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: Kali74

Exactly....all other threads dealing with this subject have been closed and we are directed to this trashy thread......

I know it is ridiculous, i was the first one on ATS with the video,
dropped the thread, and it got closed. The op in this thread
is very lazy... Either way we got the video, please watch it people
the cop fell back after he shot debose in the head. Then he got up real quick
There was no physical struggle of anything... Cop just trigger happy
should not of even had his gun drawn.
Guy runs you chase, how hard is that?
I guess the cop could not be bothered and took
the 'easy' way out.

Yes you did post the video, but there is no point in having a go at the OP here, I can though understand your annoyance since it was an examination of the video, which this thread is not about as per the title, I think Abe actually says he was not concerned about the video some time back here. Anyway, I don't think there is any point in trying to figure out why your thread was ditched.
So, I'll ask the same question as I asked before right before your thread was ditched.
Does anyone know if the other guy that appears in the video was another ready armed policeman, or a bystander with a camera or something else?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

This hurts me deeply for personal reasons. I actually had to go for a walk after you posted it in your thread that was recently closed. I saw a man shoot another man in his face when I was child. Anyone can google what that looks like, but the smell....they will never understand. You could hear a pin drop; very serene; slow motion effect; high whistling in the ear; that does not match what the eyes are seeing in that moment. I mention this because I read a lot of comments on the net (and right here on ATS) where personal biases seem to trump the human element involved. Perhaps everybody should witness something like that in their lives so they will have more compassion instead talking points such as "Not all police are bad". What I mean is; Ray Tensing and many other officers lack the ability to "respond" instead of "reacting". I bet most police in the States are not even taught the difference between the two concepts....

Those people who only want to deflect by bringing up the fact that most police are good to which I agree, truly cannot see the forest for the trees and are missing the point entirely.

They should stop and ask themselves: Why is this not happening on a regular basis in other first world nations?

Perhaps their eyes will finally be opened.

What happened to Sam Dubose hurts man....f'n badly. I felt this one deeply.

edit on 29-7-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

This is the crux of the case, and it's the crux of what everyone has been saying in every instance for the last several years.
Police officers are supposed to use force as a LAST RESORT, not the first hint of "problems" (especially when those cops seem to think that even being argumentative is a "threat").

Every case we have seen causing tension over the last few years has been about the same thing - over-zealous cop who doesn't understand that drawing a weapon should only be done if there is a clear and direct threat to life.

That's it, that's all, it's really that damn simple.

The problem has come about because cops have rarely been held to account for completely ignoring this cardinal rule, so now it seems many of them act violently at the slightest hint of "talk-back", knowing they can get away with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is a very interesting albeit horribly tragic event. After watching the video, it appeared to me that the situation escalated very quickly and the officer was unprepared and acted out of panic. Poor police training?

I don't know local traffic code there in regards to a front tag or plate but that bottle of Gin, no liscence and getting ready to run certainly made him suspect.

So now we have a situation that the concern of releasing the body camera is the potential for violence. When really, if nothing else this video should at the very least be used to analyze what gets an officer in a situation like this. I mean let's be honest, every cop would rather just go home at the end of the day, right?

Body cameras should be part of every cops monthly evaluations. Random stops should be analyzed and scored on proficiency, tactic, safety and humility. No thin blue line just red check marks.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Thanks for sharing. Looks to be nothing short of cold blooded.

The end missing part of the vid is likely due to it being cut because of DuBose being deceased, as the rest of the vid was edited-face blurred during shooting. Though, concerning so, it is hiding the reception of the officer after his action.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: Kali74

Exactly....all other threads dealing with this subject have been closed and we are directed to this trashy thread......

I know it is ridiculous, i was the first one on ATS with the video,
dropped the thread, and it got closed. The op in this thread
is very lazy... Either way we got the video, please watch it people
the cop fell back after he shot debose in the head. Then he got up real quick
There was no physical struggle of anything... Cop just trigger happy
Guy runs you chase, how hard is that?
I guess the cop could not be bothered and took
the 'easy' way out.

Yes you did post the video, but there is no point in having a go at the OP here, I can though understand your annoyance since it was an examination of the video, which this thread is not about as per the title, I think Abe actually says he was not concerned about the video some time back here. Anyway, I don't think there is any point in trying to figure out why your thread was ditched.
So, I'll ask the same question as I asked before right before your thread was ditched.
Does anyone know if the other guy that appears in the video was another ready armed policeman, or a bystander with a camera or something else?

He looked like a PASSER-BY unless it was a plain clothed officer, he sure did not stop
to help or anything.. oh the op just started another thread on this lol

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

He shot that DUBOSE pretty much instantly car drove off the car was stopped by a light pole tree or something, Dubose never had a chance to hit the gas and drive off.

You know what really gets me?
If he had done the "bad thing" and sped away from that officer, he would have lived.

What message does that send to young people all across America?

Think about that for a moment.
You're supposed to submit to the police and "do as you're told", but if he had managed to start that car and speed away, he would probably be alive right now.

Remember kids, run from the cops, it might just save your life

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It's another cop. Uniform, radio, sidearm. He's also the one making the "shots fired" call over the radio.

I wouldn't read too much into him having his weapon drawn. It's entirely possible that all he knew at that point was "shots fired." To be blunt, if you're a cop and you hear shots fired and you don't draw your weapon, you're an idiot.

Now I don't know where the other cop was for the stop or anything, but let's say he's standing on the sidewalk to the right and rear of the car. He can't see if the driver pulled a gun or not, but he heard a shot. Again, not an exoneration just a hypothesis. I have literally no idea where he was during the stop other than he wasn't at the driver's window.

That part isn't what bothered me. What bothers me is the allegation that he lied in his report about the shooting.

And I say allegation because I haven't seen any source material about that comment, just saw a comment here on ATS that he had lied.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That was some Judge Dredd # right there.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

He shot that DUBOSE pretty much instantly car drove off the car was stopped by a light pole tree or something, Dubose never had a chance to hit the gas and drive off.

You know what really gets me?
If he had done the "bad thing" and sped away from that officer, he would have lived.

What message does that send to young people all across America?

Think about that for a moment.
You're supposed to submit to the police and "do as you're told", but if he had managed to start that car and speed away, he would probably be alive right now.

Remember kids, run from the cops, it might just save your life

I mean, ever heard of less lethal weapons or shooting out at least two tires of the car? He had more than enough time to do this.

Something else not considered is that the bottle may have been urinated into, and the man may have reeked of alcohol. All unconfirmed speculation, but there are things that video alone may not tell us.
However, nothing in this situation justified the officer steadying his aim and executing the man with a carefully placed head shot.

He also had backup there. This officers life was not in danger.

This was very hard to watch, the man being stopped is a part of the public that also has the right to be protected. Something tells me the officer didn't consider him that or even human.

Good chance that all started at home too.
edit on 2015 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman It is awful, it's disgusting and a plague on our nation. I said quite a bit in the thread that was closed as it was put up a little bit after yours.

But there is no excuse for this. Some may say 'protest!" Protest how? Write/call/ email your state rep? Make a sign and stand outside a building? It's not working anymore.

When one sees police negligently kill citizens and in some cases out and out murder and they are placed on PAID leave and this happens almost every day now, what is it that we should do?

Riots are spontaneous. I am not calling for them.

But I want to do something and do not know what to do.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Just google - Black Lives Matter Code Pink

The litmus test says.... anti American commie movement.

Code pink? Blackllives matter? They are anti-American? What is with you?

BTW, the Communist Party is a legal political party in this country. It is actually more American to have a Communist Party. Where I live...wealthy suburbia...the local politicians who win usually are on the Working Families Party.
edit on 29-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That part isn't what bothered me. What bothers me is the allegation that he lied in his report about the shooting.

And I say allegation because I haven't seen any source material about that comment, just saw a comment here on ATS that he had lied.

It was a statement by the family attorney at the press briefing.

What I believe he said was that the second officer (witness) confirmed that he saw the officer being dragged by the vehicle. Then he discovered that there was a video of the event, and he magically changed his story and said he couldn't recall if he'd seen that happen or heard the other officer say that it happened...

The attorney then made the point about police officers being more likely to defend each other than tell the truth. Which makes sense from a Human perspective, this is their career after all, they're deemed to be a "snitch" if they tell the truth against a colleague. They're expected to cover for each other no matter what - even if a colleague has just executed someone.

The potential for corruption in such fraternal organizations is so considerable it always needs to be monitored, and so far it seems it hasn't been at all.

You need to push for a truly independent national body to review all instances of public complaint.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

They have been found to lie in reports of shootings almost every time. In reports they write 'resisiting arrest' when you clearly see someone standing there and not moving. It shouldn't be any type of surprise anymore. It is 'bothersome'. But is has become the status quo. Then the officer goes off to some type of paid leave.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Ah okay, thanks for that. I've been having service issues all damn day and only managed to watch a few minutes of the press conference, and what I saw was entirely the DA speaking.

If that's the case then I hope something is pursued, though I imagine it would be difficult to make it go anywhere. "Foggy memory" and such.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

They have been found to lie in reports of shootings almost every time. In reports they write 'resisiting arrest' when you clearly see someone standing there and not moving. It shouldn't be any type of surprise anymore. It is 'bothersome'. But is has become the status quo. Then the officer goes off to some type of paid leave.

I wonder if anyone is now reconsidering their opinions of all the dubious witness statements in other cases now?

Remember Michael Brown was also a "threat" to that officer
Remember the police officers allowing that cop to leave, with his gun?
Remember the "investigator" arriving on scene without a camera, and saying "it was clear what happened as soon as I arrived", regardless of the fact that he should have no biased expectations about what happened?

There are so many opportunities for corruption and conspiracy in every previous incident of death by cop, that's what makes me angry about the way they were all handled.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

But I want to do something and do not know what to do.

I know what you mean. You can join protests if there's any happening near you. But writing to officials is not the worst way to handle it either. Get on their social media too. Use the names of victims and ask each how they intend to address the circumstances. Most importantly carry yourself in your real life as you do here.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

To be honest, I don't care about "they." When I write reports, I write "resisted arrest" when a person resists arrest.

"They" aren't involved in this shooting.

"These two officers" are involved in the shooting, and "these two officers" are the only two officers who statements I care about when it comes to the shooting.

I get your point, but there's only one ex cop on trial here and only one other cop who seems to have written a bogus report.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join