It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Sandra Bland's co-inmate recalls conversation before death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The initial encounter revealed the culture of thin blue line.

The initial encounter revealed the heart (or lack thereof) of the cop making the stop... other events have revealed the culture of the thin blue line -- like Baltimore and Ferguson.

The doctored video tape that was released and the subsequent lies that were revealed also leave a trail of suspicion.

I assume you are speaking to the video of the stop, and what you refer to as "doctoring" and what the sheriff department referred to as "glitches." Two other video are also out that I'm aware of. I think there might be a longer version out of the first video released, but I may be confused. In any event, I have not yet seen any smoking gun video that shows something deleted from the "doctored" video. Maybe there is. That would be bad. But what we've already seen is bad enough to know the cop was way out-of-line.

I am not aware of the lies you speak of. I just found a Guardian article that refers to "inconsistencies" in the title and will read it. What should I be looking for? Can you expand? Provide links?

Please -- School this naive fool.

Not to mention the video from the jail also casts suspicion on the jail staff.

I just pulled up the video to watch. I also found an article from the LA Times. What in specific should be I watching/looking for?

I think you're extremely naive or ignorant to the well documented widespread abuses that occur in throughout the prison system. To imagine that Sandra Bland was treated with respect by kind jailers is a fantasy.

No, not naive and not ignorant. I'm just not willing to lower myself to that same level, making false and/or unfounded accusations based on my personal feelings of distrust, persecuting anyone and everyone for questionable "crimes". Including cops.

The answer is to clean up the system and the process... not wallow in the mud with them.

ETA: I watched the videos. I read the articles. I see many problems with the cop. I see many problems with the process. I see nothing to indicate Ms. Bland was murdered in her cell. What am I missing???
edit on 27-7-2015 by Boadicea because: ETA

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Jeeze. Did you start this thread so that we discuss all this crap, all over again from scratch?

They told the Texas Tribune that the video has not been edited. This seems unlikely. It is possible parts of the repeated footage are encoding errors, but it is unlikely that the 15-second repeated clip of a man leaving the truck is an encoding error.

Others have also noted that police dashcam videos usually have timecode on the footage. In this video, the timecode do not appear. Why this is is unclear. bennorton.com...

Lies!

Allegations of conspiracy have been bolstered by the dashcam video footage, which exposed clear discrepancies with the arrest report filed by Encinia. While the trooper claimed he was forced to act because Bland became “combative and uncooperative” after being stopped, the video showed Encinia aggressively confronting her when she declined to put out a cigarette, and escalating the situation from there.
www.theguardian.com...

More lies!

“It’s no secret here in Waller County that we have a huge problem with racism … it’s systematic and it’s pervasive,” Mosley said.

At the same time, Encinia’s threatening to “light up” Bland with his Taser – also captured in the dashcam video – was not the first time a police officer in the county has attracted controversy for pointing a weapon at an African American who later died during a confrontation over a minor alleged offence.

Theories flourished not only in the information void but when details were released in attempts to quell doubts. Such details included jail footage recorded during Bland’s last hours, which did not show the inside of her cell, or even give a clear view of the door, did not have sound and had nine minutes missing because the camera was motion-sensitive and only recorded when there was movement.
www.theguardian.com...

Suspicious!

We don't know what happened to Sandra Bland. But, whatever happened in police custody, her death is ultimately their fault.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

How does any of that conclude with "they killed her?" I think that's the connection that you're making and others aren't seeing.

She ran into an a-hole cop. That cop did a-hole things during a traffic stop. She shouldn't have been arrested. There are/were issues with the dashcam video.

Add those things up and it comes out to "a cop screwed up in a big way and lied about it and now a woman is dead." It doesn't add up to "they murdered her."

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

At the very least they're responsible for her death. At most, this is cold blooded murder, because, IMHO, she didn't shut her mouth after her arrest, and continued to make accusations and threaten law suits, so the abuse that we witnessed in the dash cam video, most probably predicts how she would be treated in jail.

Basically, Bland was arrested for "contempt of Cop". If she continued her crime and extended her attitude to "Contempt of Jailers" I can imagine she would be punished in much the same manner. Hog tied, gagged.......(?)

My gut, from looking at the mug shot, tells me that Sandra Bland was sexually violated, probably during her strip search, because I recognize the dead look in her eyes. (That's just my take)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You're making some wild, wild accusations with little to no proof beyond your "gut."

Absolutely agree her arrest was bogus. Absolutely agree the cop was wildly, wildly out of line. Absolutely agree she never should have been there.

Beyond that, just no.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Beyond that, just no.

In your opinion. A lack of evidence doesn't exonerate anyone. It leaves room for speculation and doubt.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

A lack of evidence precludes conviction.

You can speculate she was anally probed by the reptilian overlords.

Doesn't make it true.

ETA - my opinion is based off the evidence. My opinion is not based off wild speculation based off a lack of evidence and the belief that the lack of evidence gives me carte blanch to make up whatever story I want to.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Are you contending she wasn't anally probed?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Jail intake procedures NEVER include "Anal Probe". At most they subject new inmates/detainees to the "squat and cough".

A strip search is standard intake procedure, but if a detention/correction officer suspects internally hidden contraband that is not revealed through a strip search, the inmate is transported to a MEDICAL facility where a more thorough internal search can be SAFELY and HUMANELY performed.

I worked at a jail as an officer shortly after graduating high school. I never once in my time there saw an officer perform a "cavity search". That was always done by medical professional at a medical facility.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Did I say that?

I'm contending that you are actively and enthusiastically participating in the logical fallacy of argument from ignorance. Therefore, no further discussion is required as absolutely nothing will move you from your own personal belief.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

There is no question that Sandra Bland had to submit to a strip search, at which time she was anally and vaginally probed. Whether it was legal, or not, it was still sexual assault. I doubt they conducted her strip search with gentle kindness, and I also doubt that Ms. Bland submitted easily.

For all intents and purposed Sandra Bland was raped, and it shows in her eyes in her mug shot, in my opinion.

edit on 27-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

There is no question that Sandra Bland had to submit to a strip search, at which time she was anally and vaginally probed. Whether it was legal, or not, it was still sexual assault. I doubt they conducted her strip search with gentle kindness, and I also doubt that Ms. Bland submitted easily.

For all intents and purposed Sandra Bland was raped, and it shows in her eyes in her mug shot, in my opinion.

Read my above post. Inmate intake strip searches do NOT include EVER inserting anything into the vaginal/anal cavity unless it's performed by a medical professional in a medical setting. Strip searchs are just that, they are stripped and searched. In the strip searches I performed while working at the jail, it was actually AGAINST regulations to even touch the inmate at all. The search was conducted entirely via verbal commands designed to reveal every inch of the persons body. They were then instructed to squat and cough. 99% of the time, if a foreign object is hidden in a body cavity, the act of squatting and coughing is enough to expel the object.

She wasn't raped. Get over yourself.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Jeeze. Did you start this thread so that we discuss all this crap, all over again from scratch?

Nope. I started it to post new information for those following the case. I didn't start "all this crap," and I sure wasn't the one to start calling anyone names. You had every opportunity to post your concerns, your differences, anything and everything you want, in a respectful and reasonable way. You chose not to and you chose to take the discussion into an ugly direction. If you don't like it and want to do better, I'm ready, willing and able. If you just want to bully and berate me for daring to have and express a different opinion, so be it... but it won't change my mind or shut me up.

Lies!

More lies!

Suspicious!

Yup. Very damning to the cop who initiated the traffic stop and arrest. All very damning to the department's operating procedures in general, and their handling of this case in particular. All warranting further investigation and reform. But nothing to indicate someone murdered Ms. Bland in her jail cell.

We don't know what happened to Sandra Bland. But, whatever happened in police custody, her death is ultimately their fault.

Absolutely. As I have said repeatedly, including in the OP, the department does bear some level of liability for her death. But negligence is not willful murder.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Thank you for explaing the search procedure. Much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Again, and for the final time, you are arguing from a blatant position of logical fallacy and there's really no purpose to continuing to engage in "debate" about it.

Deny ignorance and all that.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

There is no blatant logical fallacy in assuming that Sandra Bland was vaginally and annaly probed during her strip search, which is tantamount to legal sexual assault, ie rape. If she resisted, which judging from her arrest video, she did, it would have been forcible and violent rape.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I find no reason to suspect that she was murdered.

The stop was warranted as she clearly didn't use her turn signal.

Making her get out of the car for no other reason than refusing to put her cigarette out in her own vehicle was NOT warranted.

Her refusing to get out of the vehicle and swinging on the cop when he tried to remove her was stupid.

It seems a bad situation all around

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'm sure inmates always tell the truth and are never coerced or threatened by their keepers.

/sarc

Or conversely, the other inmate could be telling the truth, unless you have some evidence of coercion?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I've seen strip searches, on video, done by a female officer, who was called in just for that purposes, perform cavity searches with their gloved fingers, not switching gloves between cavities, and sometime not switching gloves between suspects.

Strip searches include cavity searches.

edit on 27-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

There is no blatant logical fallacy in assuming that Sandra Bland was vaginally and annaly probed during her strip search, which is tantamount to legal sexual assault, ie rape. If she resisted, which judging from her arrest video, she did, it would have been forcible and violent rape.

Are you even reading my posts, or is your point of view so immune to logic that it blinds you from reading my information?

You base your entire argument on "I see it in her eyes."

You know what I see in her eyes? I see someone getting booked into a prison. I see someone pissed off and angry.

Oh, your whole "I see it in her eyes" bullcrap is a complete fabrication anyway, as booking photos are taken BEFORE strip searches.

IF, (and this is a monumental if) she had a cavity search, it would have been AFTER the photo was taken.

Is it not enough for you that she died? In your sick mind she had to have been raped as well?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join