It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Sandra Bland's co-inmate recalls conversation before death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IanFleming

I have a dead women who dies in police custody. I have Ms. Bland calling the arresting officer a pussy, and I have him telling he's "getting off" while handcuffing her. I have a female officer called on the scene. I have vague and questionable videos that seem to have been edited.

I'm of the court of public opinion. Not a court of law.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Mess with the police and you get what you deserve.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So, you don't believe that these searches occur. Okay. You don't believe that Sandra Bland was forced to submit to a cavity and/or strip search. Okay.

Enjoy your naivete.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You're running out of legs to stand on, little spider.

Since she was (in your opinion) unlawfully detained, by golly the whole system needs to be charged! Throw out the mayor that let this arrest happen. Charge Ford Motor Company for providing the vehicle which facilitated her eventual, BRUTALLY VIOLENT GANGRAPE/MURDER! Fire the District Attorney! Lets go after the Texas Supreme Court!

You know what? F**k it. Let's throw out the constitution that puts the amendments in place that allowed this horrible murder/rape/atrocity to occur!

Even if she was strip searched (Which if you are detained for more than 24 hours, it's likely you were fully processed and that usually includes a strip search), how is that RAPE?

I don't like going to my gyno appointments, but I don't call it rape.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Whoa, hold on there. Speaking of jumping the shark...

that it borders on this poster insisting she was raped to fulfill some sick fetish or fantasy they have.

The poster you are referring to (whom I know doesn't need defending but this pissed me off) is well respected and not prone to flights of fancy dark or otherwise. A lot of people consider cavity searches rape and sometimes they are because, back to the topic at hand, a lot of cops break the law, don't follow procedure, violate rights.

It doesn't mean it did happen with Sandra Bland but it is a huge leap to wonder, no... not at all. This woman had already been threatened with a taser and told she would be lit up if she didn't get out of the car... for a traffic violation and then because she wouldn't put out her cigarette... in her own car. Her rights were already unquestionably violated.

The cop keeps pulling her around after she is cuffed all while telling her to stand still, stop moving. She tells him that she isn't moving so he pushes her around some more then off camera it seems he pushes her to the ground and she hit her head. This is also where all her activist training failed and where many people end up betraying their brains... she kicked him. My point? The ability to do this to a person all because she said no and challenged his authority, is telling. It is not irrational or sick to wonder if things got worse for her after.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'm of the court of public opinion. Not a court of law.

Exactly. Apparently you are about emotions and what you feel is the truth, rather than the actual truth which, by it's very nature requires evidence.

All we have is a crappy traffic stop that was handled badly on all sides and a dead lady, quite possibly given her previous emotional and psychological issues, by her own hand.

This talk of rape is just over-emotic hyperbole. The talk of murder is unfounded as of yet.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

So, you don't believe that these searches occur. Okay. You don't believe that Sandra Bland was forced to submit to a cavity and/or strip search. Okay.

Enjoy your naivete.

Oh, they do occur. However, you have ZERO proof that it happened in this instance.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

If this poster is well-respected and not prone to flights of fancy then I expect better of them than to jump to the "she was raped" conclusion based on her booking photo ALONE.

That they continued to bring it up again and again, and defend this point of view so vehemently based on a photo alone is evidence to me of an ulterior motive. I don't care how well-respected they are, I judge posts by their content, and not by author. For record, I respect the author as a person and we've agreed on a great many things, but this isn't one of them.

If we were to follow this poster's logic process, ALL strip searches are rape, because nobody TRULY consents to it.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I have zero proof that Sandra Bland was strip/cavity searched? I gave you the protocol for felony prisoners, they get strip/cavity searched. FACT!

You all are just being obtuse.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Whoa, hold on there. Speaking of jumping the shark...

that it borders on this poster insisting she was raped to fulfill some sick fetish or fantasy they have.

The poster you are referring to (whom I know doesn't need defending but this pissed me off) is well respected and not prone to flights of fancy dark or otherwise. A lot of people consider cavity searches rape and sometimes they are because, back to the topic at hand, a lot of cops break the law, don't follow procedure, violate rights.

It doesn't mean it did happen with Sandra Bland but it is a huge leap to wonder, no... not at all. This woman had already been threatened with a taser and told she would be lit up if she didn't get out of the car... for a traffic violation and then because she wouldn't put out her cigarette... in her own car. Her rights were already unquestionably violated.

The cop keeps pulling her around after she is cuffed all while telling her to stand still, stop moving. She tells him that she isn't moving so he pushes her around some more then off camera it seems he pushes her to the ground and she hit her head. This is also where all her activist training failed and where many people end up betraying their brains... she kicked him. My point? The ability to do this to a person all because she said no and challenged his authority, is telling. It is not irrational or sick to wonder if things got worse for her after.

Thanks Kali! I do appreciate you defense.

I'm of the court of public opinion. ATS is not a court of law. I'm allowed to speculate and express my opinions.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That's because it isn't. You gave consent. I'm surprised that you don't know the difference.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It doesn't mean it did happen with Sandra Bland but it is a huge leap to wonder, no... not at all.

So as long as you are a long standing member of ATS you can just make stuff up? OK, gotcha.

No point in posting any longer on this thread. The poster is well respected and not prone to flights of fancy dark or otherwise so we must just let it go.

Deny Ignorance ~ Unless you are " Well respected and not prone to flights of fancy dark or otherwise"

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

you did miss one thing. that was the D.A. speaking. the sheriff is a man who had been fired before for racist behaviors and actions from another law enforcement job.

also, this cop targeted her. he did a u turn and then sped up to get on her tail. she was probably thinking that he was on a call and moved out of his way in a hurry.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

That's because it isn't. You gave consent. I'm surprised that you don't know the difference.

I gave consent, but that doesn't mean I liked it.

Prisoners are required to consent to a strip search. If they do not, they are taken to medical facility for a cavity search or diagnostic imaging.

So if Bland WAS strip searched (which I'm not arguing she wasn't), she gave consent to it.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I have zero proof that Sandra Bland was strip/cavity searched? I gave you the protocol for felony prisoners, they get strip/cavity searched. FACT!

But that was not proof, nor was it fact. All it said in the lawyer site was "may" or "possible" and it does not say that said cavity search is invasive at all. It does not happen for every felony arrest and, in fact, you have a former corrections officer telling you the actual facts of the matter, that in the vast majority of cases there is no insertion but rather an observational search.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You have zero proof that anybody inserted anything in to Sandra Bland.

You have zero proof Sandra Bland was murdered.

So far that hasn't stopped you from saying a) somebody did and b) she was.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Oh stop. My only point was there was no reason to attack the poster. We aren't discussing a blob of light in a UFO video.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

In the interest of transparency, I was a detention officer, not a corrections officer.

Detention officers work at local jails. Corrections officers work at penitentiaries.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
We can do better than this. Can we please -- everyone -- make an effort to raise the level of discourse???

I am very grateful that people like Windword and Kali are out there questioning authority, demanding answers and accountability, and giving some love and compassion to the victim. I think we can all agree that Ms. Bland was a victim to one extent or another. We need these people in the world. We don't have to agree, but we can be respectful and reasonable.

We also need people to protect a due and fair process, equal rights and application of the law, to protect the innocent of being judged guilty -- especially for those we ask to put themselves in harm's way to protect us. We need these people in the world too. We don't have to agree, but we can be respectful and reasonable.

We all seem to have more in common than not. No one is declaring that Ms. Bland was not wronged... no one is demanding an end to the investigation... no one is giving law enforcement a free pass. We can build on that. We can do better.

This is far too important an issue not to. If we can't, then shame on all of us.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Point being she was a drug runner that was sacrificed to let business keep moving. Of course thats just my opinion from much past experience. She teed somebody off in Chicago they let the cops know she was coming and what she was driving. Pulled her over for a simple issue and she took off with it. Thinking she was probably in big trouble in Chicago she took her own life. That's what I think. 3 days in jail and no calls made???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join