It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Sandra Bland's co-inmate recalls conversation before death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IanFleming

Anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I've seen strip searches, on video, done by a female officer, who was called in just for that purposes, perform cavity searches with their gloved fingers, not switching gloves between cavities, and sometime not switching gloves between suspects.

Strip searches include cavity searches.

Really? Got a link to these videos? I'd love to see them. Because more than video, I have actual experience.

Until you cough up proof of your claims, I'll remain wanting.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

There is no question that Sandra Bland had to submit to a strip search, at which time she was anally and vaginally probed.

She was? That is not standard procedure for the jail. Do you have evidence of this? Testimony? Some sort of record? Or do you assume that everyone jailed at a traffic stop is anally probed?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I suggest you learn the definition of what I said, as you have demonstrated a pretty textbook example of the method I named.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

In many cases, these intrusions involve strip searches and/or body cavity searches of arrestees. These types of inspections are highly invasive, but jails and prisons regularly carry them out in order to prevent smuggling of drugs, weapons or other contraband. These types of searches sometimes even occur when the arrestee has not been charged with a violent crime, and in the absence of factors that would give rise to a suspicion that the arrestee possessed concealed contraband.

For example, a person could find themselves arrested over a warrant for a traffic violation and subjected to a strip and/or body cavity search upon arrival at the jailhouse, even though nothing about their case would lead police to believe they had anything dangerous or prohibited on their person.

- See more at: criminal.findlaw.com...

Sandra Bland was charged with a violent crime, a felony charge of assault of a public servant.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Anything is possible.

As the ineffable Wayne Campbell said, it's also possible that monkeys might fly out of my butt, but that really isn't evidence, is it?

It seems to me that an extreme accusation against another human being should have some sort of evidence behind it.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You seem to think the only way to conduct a cavity search is by manual means.

It's not.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

In many cases, these intrusions involve strip searches and/or body cavity searches of arrestees. These types of inspections are highly invasive, but jails and prisons regularly carry them out in order to prevent smuggling of drugs, weapons or other contraband. These types of searches sometimes even occur when the arrestee has not been charged with a violent crime, and in the absence of factors that would give rise to a suspicion that the arrestee possessed concealed contraband.

For example, a person could find themselves arrested over a warrant for a traffic violation and subjected to a strip and/or body cavity search upon arrival at the jailhouse, even though nothing about their case would lead police to believe they had anything dangerous or prohibited on their person.

- See more at: criminal.findlaw.com...

Sandra Bland was charged with a violent crime, a felony charge of assault of a public servant.

And the ambulance chaser's website uses the words "may" or "could," reflecting a world of possibility--without addressing this case nor this municipality nor this state. What is standard operating procedure for the local lockup in this place?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You seem to think the only way to conduct a cavity search is by manual means.

It's not.

Ah yes, the strong flashlight and squinty eye technique. (Of course, you are correct. My apologies for being a bit flippant there.)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I've seen strip searches, on video

REALLY?? In a movie? Unless you are training to become an officer or you have seen this video as part of a trail. You have NEVER seen the video of anyone be strip searched. This is a confidential matter.

Do you know why so many people walk away from stuff like this? People like you who push the stupid stuff everyone knows isn't true. Do you want justice for Sandra? Stick to the truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Neat link, but they fail to mention that even WHEN a body cavity search is performed, it is (90% of the time) performed again, via verbal commands in which the detainee/inmate manipulates their OWN body and it is searches visually by the officer.

A MANUAL cavity search is usually only performed if the detainee refuses to submit to a visual cavity search. And jail procedures have evolved to a point where manual searches are almost nonexistant now, instead they isolate the detainee until diagnostic imaging can be performed. (X-ray, etc).

Again, your premise is flawed and your sources are shaky.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

(1) "Body cavity search" means the inspection of a person's anus or genitalia, including but not limited to inspections conducted visually, manually or by means of any physical instrument.

(2) "Strip search" means the removal or rearrangement of some or all of the clothing of a person so as to permit an inspection of the genitals, buttocks, anus, breasts or undergarments of such person, including but not limited to inspections conducted visually, manually or by means of any physical instrument.

2. No person arrested or detained for a traffic offense or an offense which does not constitute a felony may be subject to a strip search or a body cavity search by any law enforcement officer or employee unless there is probable cause to believe that such person is concealing a weapon, evidence of the commission of a crime or contraband.
www.moga.mo.gov...

Again, Sandra Bland was charged with Felony assault of a public servant.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Each of those are gross, flagrant violation of police procedure. For one: Police officers should never be conducting cavity searches of any kind.

For two: Male officers should NEVER be strip searching female detainees. Ever.

Again, show me evidence that Bland was cavity searched, and then, if she was, show me evidence that it was not performed in full accordance with jail procedure.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It seems to me that an extreme accusation against another human being should have some sort of evidence behind it.

What's the extreme accusation, rape or murder?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No need. It happened in those videos, ergo it happened to Ms Bland.

Fallacy after fallacy.

ETA - never mind that those videos were of officers conducting the searches on the street and not jail officials conducting them in jail. But hey, 2+2= whatever somebody wants it to be I suppose.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Ah, the transitive properties of youtube videos where a completely unrelated event is proven to have happened by showing completely unrelated videos. Well done!

So let's see: the first one simply has an accusation of a "roadside cavity search, but one does not actually see one, the second one doesn't look like a cavity search but has a female LEO checking inside the clothing of a suspect where, surprise surprise, criminals do hide things, and the third was not a cavity search at all but the famous and unfortunate video of LEO trying to get a combative and self-admitted suicidal drunk person into a paper gown so she couldn't use anything such as a bra-strap to kill herself--something I thought we were supposed to be against.

Now, I would agree that all of those videos show some pretty bad looking and horrific things and the first two are obviously in violation of procedure and the civil rights of the individual and, IIR, those officers were punished (or not, I recognize all of the videos but I can't honestly remember) but they don't prove much in this case.

edit on 27-7-2015 by IanFleming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What's the extreme accusation, rape or murder?

Well, both, actually.

And you have evidence of neither.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It makes me so mad.

Yes, Bland died in Jail custody. Yes, there needs to be an investigation. But to make the wholey batcrap crazy jump from "Is it possible she was murdered or died via negligence" straight to "They raped her!" is SO far beyond the pale of even the most vehement Bland supporters that it borders on this poster insisting she was raped to fulfill some sick fetish or fantasy they have.

Ugh.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Waller County Sheriff Glenn Smith was fired from his position as the city of Hempstead's police chief in 2007 after residents accused four white officers of racism. Smith was suspended after the Hempstead City Council viewed videotapes of officers' arrests and booking of African-American males. (We're a little unclear on what the videos showed, but critics at the time told media that the males were subjected to "humiliating" strip searches.)
www.houstonpress.com...

It doesn't matter if was performed by the book, it was still a sexual assault, whether it's legal or not. The woman shouldn't ever have been in the position having to be sexually assaulted, in the first place!

She was wrongly arrested and accused, wrongly imprisoned. Everything that happened to her was a violation, including her strip search.

High court rules strip search reasonable after traffic stop

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join