It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Sandra Bland's co-inmate recalls conversation before death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

From my understanding she made multiple calls to family for bail money, and they all turned her down.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Point being she was a drug runner that was sacrificed to let business keep moving. Of course thats just my opinion from much past experience. She teed somebody off in Chicago they let the cops know she was coming and what she was driving. Pulled her over for a simple issue and she took off with it. Thinking she was probably in big trouble in Chicago she took her own life. That's what I think. 3 days in jail and no calls made???

Where did this pile of horse manure come from?
edit on 7/27/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You don't think the fellow inmate might have gotten an early release for her cooperation?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

a reply to: IanFleming

You both are being intellectually dishonest to assert that Ms. Bland didn't under go a strip/cavity search. It's standard operating procedure for accused felons at Waller County Jail. Not to have done would have been gross negligence on the facilities part, unless it was done by the female officer on the side of road.

Strip searches are an important procedure in jails and prisons. They are an invaluable means of preventing introduction of contraband items, particularly weapons and drugs, into a facility. In recent years, strip searches in jails have been a focus of civil litigation and there have been several cases involving significant money damage awards or settlements.
www.correctionsone.com...

Deny Ignorance!

edit on 27-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You both are being intellectually dishonest to assert that Ms. Bland didn't under go a strip/cavity search. It's standard operating procedure for accused felons at Waller County Jail. Not to have done would have been gross negligence on the facilities part, unless it was done by the female officer on the side of road.

Deny Ignorance!

And you are being intellectually dishonest to A; equate that to rape, and B; stating that there was penetration or violation. As explained to you, the majority of cavity searches at this level are "squat and cough" sort of thing.

Now, I don't recall being rude to you in the beginning, so please refrain from rudeness. Or is this the sort of place where "esteemed and well respected long term members" get to be rude to people?

And speaking of intellectual dishonesty, the very website you linked to (and is yet again, a general website not specific to this jurisiticion) says THE EXACT SAME THING WE'VE BEEN POINTING OUT:

Body cavity searches: The policy should indicate who may be authorized to perform visual body cavity searches, in addition to strip searches. This involves looking into a subject’s body cavities (anus or vagina) but not touching or intruding with a finger or an instrument.

A strip search does not equate to a cavity search and a cavity search does not necessarily mean that any orifice was violated. Your lumping them all together is where the "intellectual dishonesty" comes in as well as cherry picking your own article to avoid the pertinent contradiction to your premise.
edit on 27-7-2015 by IanFleming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanFleming

Deny Ignorance!

And you are being intellectually dishonest to A; equate that to rape, and B; stating that there was penetration or violation. As explained to you, the majority of cavity searches at this level are "squat and cough" sort of thing.

Now, I don't recall being rude to you in the beginning, so please refrain from rudeness. Or is this the sort of place where "esteemed and well respected long term members" get to be rude to people?

And you are being intellectually dishonest to A; equate that to rape

Just because you and others sanction it, doesn't mean that it isn't rape. For all intents and purposes, it is rape.

I don't think it's rude to say that your denial of proof that this particular inmate was, in fact, strip/cavity searched, as if this was a court of law, is intellectually dishonest, and obtuse to boot. It's standard operating procedure!

I'm done with this thread and trivialization of sexual assault and physical abuse, and how may affect a person who had no business being detained in the fist place. It's making me ill.

/windword

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanFleming

Deny Ignorance!

And you are being intellectually dishonest to A; equate that to rape

Just because you and others sanction it, doesn't mean that it isn't rape. For all intents and purposes, it is rape.

I don't think it's rude to say that your denial of proof that this particular inmate was, in fact, strip/cavity searched, as if this was a court of law, is intellectually dishonest, and obtuse to boot. It's standard operating procedure!

I'm done with this thread and trivialization of sexual assault and physical abuse, and how may affect a person who had no business being detained in the fist place. It's making me ill.

/windword

Equating a search to rape is over the top hyperbole. Equating a search to sexual assault is hyperbole.

You haven't the foggiest if she was even searched in such a manner and you haven't the foggiest if, or how, it affected her. Everything you have said has been pure conjecture and an injection of your personal emotions into it.

The rudest people I've met never thought of themselves as being rude. It is that sense of personal entitlement and lack of personal insight for where rudeness comes, after all.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I don't think anyone at this point is denying she was strip searched. I have said, and your "sources" have pointed out that is standard procedure for anyone being booked into a detention center.

That you're calling it rape is what's ridiculous.

One: It takes away from the trauma that ACTUAL rape victims have gone through. You trivialize THIER struggle by lumping in a simple strip search with rape. That's heartless on a level I can't even comprehend, that you'd be so willing to make your point that you'd trivialize ACTUAL rape victims just so you can redefine the definition of rape to suit your own narrative. It's disgusting.
Two: No manual manipulation of the genitals or anus occurred, even if there WAS a cavity search, 99% of the time no manual manipulation is necessary.

I was strip searched when I was a teenager. I was stupid and vandalized some old guy's house. I was arrested and spent three days locked up in juvie. As such, I was strip-searched as part of my intake process. It was uncomfortable, but it wasn't rape.

Now, someone DID try to rape me once. Luckily, I was armed with the small knife I always carry on me, and once that was brandished, he ran away. THAT was traumatic, and it was only an attempted rape, not a successful one. I can't imagine what a real rape would be like. I shudder to think about it, but don't ever, ever try to say that a strip search is equal to rape. You're doing real rape victims a serious disservice.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Never said she wasn't, actually. I'm sure she was stripped when she had to change clothes. Decent chance she had to squat and cough.

You are the one who is taking words like "may" and "can" and interpreting them as "always" and "definitely" and then applying those incorrect definitions to the scenario.

You're also blithely ignoring the fact (like a for real fact, not a "it's a fact because I say so" kind of fact) that a cavity search does not have to involve any form of touching.

It's rather humorous that you're now casting accusations of intellectual dishonesty when all you've done this thread is put on a clinic in how to argue from ignorance and/or incredulity.

Deny ignorance indeed

edit on 27-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo. Want to make sure there's no room for interpretation here.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This topic is NOT about rape! Someone has completely derailed this. Why? Are you against Sandra Bland? Do you not want people to know the truth? Then why push a lie when there are so many points in the OP that we SHOULD be talking about!

Why did no one come to help this poor woman? Her cellmates say that no one in her family would even call her back.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It takes away from the trauma that ACTUAL rape victims have gone through.

That's as far I read, that's all I could read.

I'm going to go vomit again

/thread for me!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It takes away from the trauma that ACTUAL rape victims have gone through.

That's as far I read, that's all I could read.

I'm going to go vomit again

/thread for me!

Wow. Harsh denegration a lady's experience with rape like that.. That's pretty low.

Vomit indeed.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You both are being intellectually dishonest to assert that Ms. Bland didn't under go a strip/cavity search. It's standard operating procedure for accused felons at Waller County Jail.

Source please.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I worked at a jail as an officer shortly after graduating high school. I never once in my time there saw an officer perform a "cavity search". That was always done by medical professional at a medical facility.
I would appreciate if you could help me with an answer since you worked at a jail, how did a plastic bag get into the jail cell with the inmate? I was under the impression these were not allowed in the cells.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

If I was her family/friends I would feel like I was responsible for her death. Just think if they would have taken a few minutes out of their day to bail her out....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join