It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marshals Raid Sheriff Joe’s Office

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

that's the same as saying two wrongs make a right.

It's up to us to fix the problem as we see it. We can't do that by ignoring the laws of the land. So what if govt. is, we shouldn't just because they do. That's anarchy, or the next best thing to it.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You can't use law enforcement to walk up to people and make then prove they are citizens.

And it is racial profiling when you see some one that looks 'illegal' because they are brown.

Well you don't ask white people to verify their citizenship down on the border, do we?

Nearly half (47%) of all illegal border crossings into the U.S. occur along the Arizona border with Mexico.
From 2001 to 2010, an average of 1,374 illegal aliens a day were apprehended in the Arizona border sector. DHS does not know how many illegal aliens successfully entered Arizona each day during that period.
Between 1996 and 2010, the federal government estimates that the illegal alien population in Arizona increased 213%.

Arizonas problem

link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: crazyewok

They, the illegals, actually come through the chunnul? How? I'll admit to ignorance where the channel tunnel is concerned.

They break into lorry's mainly.

Hundreds of thousands of trucks pass the border every day either on the tunnel or ferry. They wait in France till a lorry slows down and they jump in the back and on mass too. I saw it happen once with 12 jumping into the back of a lorry.

Once in the UK they jump out and run.

Most lorry drivers have no idea its even happened too.

They will also cling to the bottom of the trains and even ferry's. As you can imagine fatalities are common.

And of course you have the human traffickers.
edit on 26-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

What do you know about strangers wandering through your backyard any night of the year?

Lots.

I live near the Channel tunnel which is our border weak spot. Millions try breaking into the UK each year. It got to a point were border control is collapsing.

My local motorway has been gridlocked and shut for nearly 2 weeks because of the security nightmare there.

But as much as a problem it is I do not want the authorities suspending my rights to combat the problem.

The US has had more illegals than the UK has citizens. I guess that's some paltry number to be ignored.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I love big government failures being solved by big government !!

Works every time.

What is the point of the federal government if it cant crack down on rogue sheriffs and politicians?

If the supreme court cant crack down on something or someone in violation of the constitution then what use are are?

What use is the constitution if its not enforced?

Kinda funny isn't it. Everyone here is clamoring about police abuse but it's OK for this dude because they are only Latino Americans. Reminds me of an All in the Family episode with Archie in an elevator with a Latino couple and a cultured Black dude. Latino guy says, "We just want to be equal just like you." Archie says, "Equal to me? You're not even equal to him." Pointing to the Black guy. I thought we had come a ways in the last 40 years. Apparently not.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

Based on what?

Who didn't they go after that was doing something like this?

The first "illegal" act was by "illegal" immigrants.

Everything else that follows is authoritarian selectivism.

Total Failure.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What do you know about strangers wandering through your backyard any night of the year?

Lots.

I live near the Channel tunnel which is our border weak spot. Millions try breaking into the UK each year. It got to a point were border control is collapsing.

My local motorway has been gridlocked and shut for nearly 2 weeks because of the security nightmare there.

But as much as a problem it is I do not want the authorities suspending my rights to combat the problem.

The US has had more illegals than the UK has citizens. I guess that's some paltry number to be ignored.

UK is 10x smaller in population and 50 odd in size. The numbers wont be the same, the ratio im betting is similar though

I never said your problem was " paltry". Neither is ours.

Plus why is it a competition of who got the worse problem?
why has everything got to be a competition? Can we just say we both got massive immigration problems?
edit on 26-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

that's the same as saying two wrongs make a right.

It's up to us to fix the problem as we see it. We can't do that by ignoring the laws of the land. So what if govt. is, we shouldn't just because they do. That's anarchy, or the next best thing to it.

You are right, but there are times when I embrace anarchy because of the abuses by government.

The federal government, in this case, is hypocritical because they are arresting someone for not following the law.

My disgust at the federal government makes me wish for anarchy at times.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Obama is more impressive than I thought:

The court-ordered seizures represent another turning point in a case that was originally filed by civil and immigrant rights groups in 2007.

Somehow he managed to instigate this action a year before he was elected Prez.

Don't say that, someone will take your words literally, or choke on a teabag!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Nope but you're apparently okay with them breaking it if the ends justify your means. Can good ole boy Joe take Americans guns too? I mean if it's okay to demand citizens papers and nab them off the streets for being brown, 4th, 5th and 14th Amendments out the window, why not the 2nd?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Lots.

UK is 10x smaller in population and 50 odd in size. The numbers wont be the same, the ratio im betting is similar though

I never said your problem was " paltry". Neither is ours.

Plus why is it a competition of who got the worse problem?
why has everything got to be a competition? Can we just say we both got massive immigration problems?

You said immigration 'might" be a problem. Your are kind of wrong there.

With the welfare state feeding itself hand to mouth, every western country will have an immigration problem, until there are enough immigrants that there are no longer Western states, but European states with western enclaves.

BTW to every anti-Joe poster-- Sherriff Arpaio is doing what he is elected by his constituency to do. If every politician did that we would have a booming economy and the border wouldn't matter.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I recall when I lived in az that arpaio had arrested the two people running against him. Then when "the bird", a local paper ran an article on him, he threw the owner in jail too.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That would be true if Joe only targeted illegals, but that isn't the case.

He trampled on the rights of others to go after those that he wanted to get.

That isn't how our nation works.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

OK, that makes sense. I was somehow visualizing them walking through the tunnel, and I didn't think that was possible, though I'm sure there are maintenance tunnels.

Human traffickers. Slavers by any other name are just as odious.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Successful? Really? Tell that to the children who were sexually abused and the case was dropped because the suspect couldn't make time to come in for questioning. Or all the rape victims whose cases were dropped with no real investigation. I think it's also worth pointing out that a study commissioned by Arpaio himself found there was no difference in recidivism rates under Arpaio compared to those under his predecessor

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Nope but you're apparently okay with them breaking it if the ends justify your means. Can good ole boy Joe take Americans guns too? I mean if it's okay to demand citizens papers and nab them off the streets for being brown, 4th, 5th and 14th Amendments out the window, why not the 2nd?

Are you okay with federal government violating the law?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Are you avoiding the question? See? I can do that too.
The question remains.... why is it OK for Joe to remove Constitutionally granted rights from citizens?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You are right, but there are times when I embrace anarchy because of the abuses by government.

The federal government, in this case, is hypocritical because they are arresting someone for not following the law.

My disgust at the federal government makes me wish for anarchy at times.

Sheriff Joe hasn't been arrested yet, while Obama might be arrested, by Sheriff Joe! That's Democracy for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The question remains.... why is it OK for Joe to remove Constitutionally granted rights from citizens?

It's not.

I only wanted to point out the huge hypocrisy here.

We've got people ON THIS THREAD who will support and defend the government violating the law, yet condemn a sheriff for doing the same thing!

Laws don't mean squat anymore if the government can cherry-pick which ones they will adhere to.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It's not.

Bingo. And he even copped to it so I don't see how he can be defended in any circumstance.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join