It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marshals Raid Sheriff Joe’s Office

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: crazyewok

If law enforcement and government were following existing laws concerning illegal aliens, then there wouldn't be the broad sweeping attempts at stopping the flood of illegal aliens who include murderers, rapists, thieves.

So you support any attempt even at the expense of the constitution?

Why should I have to follow the Constitution if government isn't?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So no-one cares if thousands of illegals are in the US committing crimes, but the government needs to arrest the cops who are against thousands of illegals committing crimes and people are good with that.

Stop the world, I'd like to get off, please.

Illegal immigration may be a problem.
I should know.

Way past a problem. Illegal immigration helped pass medicare when the 25% of budget hospitals set aside for charity got completely swamped by illegals. Illegals have at least halved the wages paid to Anglo workers by expanding the work force by tens of millions since the 1970's.

Its kind of a coincidence that the border consumes tax dollars and prevent free trade but can't seem to stay closed enough to help normal working citizens.

It like the border was made to ruin the economy and destroy the culture.

What do you know about strangers wandering through your backyard any night of the year?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Yes there is. That is what joe was doing basically.

This man was going against the constitution but you all didn't care because he was doing so yo try and combat our immigration issue.

I guess ends justified the means huh?

No, there isn't. Arresting criminals isn't against the Constitution, even if a lot of them are of a certain race. Claims of "racial profiling" are typically nonsense. If one is looking for suspects in any sort of criminal case, racial descriptions are completely valid. If three white guys rob a bank, and speed away in a little white car, and they stop little white cars with white guys, is that racial profiling, or common sense?? There has never been evidence that non-criminals were jailed.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If law enforcement and government were following existing laws concerning illegal aliens, then there wouldn't be the broad sweeping attempts at stopping the flood of illegal aliens who include murderers, rapists, thieves.

Because your better than them.

If you want to save it the last thing you want to do is give blank checks for people to ignore it.

edit on 26-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I thought he was a good guy? All of a sudden everyone is turned against him? Even the Tea Party?

He's 'profiling' Latinos down on the border because thats where some cross the border into Arizona, right?

I don't know whats up with this particular claim… seems he's well elected numerous times… and has a successful approach to law enforcement.

Whats the alternative? Open the border?

Background

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Criminals don't follow laws, does that give you the right to not follow them as well?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I love big government failures being solved by big government !!

Works every time.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Fine. Give me your guns then. If the Constitution doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

But papers checks are and that is what he was doing.

You can't use law enforcement to walk up to people and make then prove they are citizens.

And it is racial profiling when you see some one that looks 'illegal' because they are brown.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

What do you know about strangers wandering through your backyard any night of the year?

Lots.

I live near the Channel tunnel which is our border weak spot. Millions try breaking into the UK each year. It got to a point were border control is collapsing.

My local motorway has been gridlocked and shut for nearly 2 weeks because of the security nightmare there.

But as much as a problem it is I do not want the authorities suspending my rights to combat the problem.
edit on 26-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   

Because your better than them.

If you want to save it the last thing you want to do is give blank checks for people to ignore it.

The Constitution is a wonderful thing. But government doesn't obey it.

Period. What kind of country is it where only citizens are required to follow the law and government doesn't?

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Fine. Give me your guns then. If the Constitution doesn't matter.

Come and get them.

link   

What has stopped you before now?
Why didn't you start this lawlessness after the Patriot act or the illegal war?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is an example of Washington DC's way of enforcing "selective" enforcement.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I thought he was a good guy? All of a sudden everyone is turned against him? Even the Tea Party?

He's 'profiling' Latinos down on the border because thats where some cross the border into Arizona, right?

I don't know whats up with this particular claim… seems he's well elected numerous times… and has a successful approach to law enforcement.

Whats the alternative? Open the border?

Background

Well any true libertarian should turn on him.

He is about as anti freedom as you can get.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Based on what?

Who didn't they go after that was doing something like this?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I love big government failures being solved by big government !!

Works every time.

What is the point of the federal government if it cant crack down on rogue sheriffs and politicians?

If the supreme court cant crack down on something or someone in violation of the constitution then what use are are?

What use is the constitution if its not enforced?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

They, the illegals, actually come through the chunnul? How? I'll admit to ignorance where the channel tunnel is concerned.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What use is the constitution if its not enforced?

They way the US government is acting now?

It's just empty words on vellum.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: jrod

Arpaio seems dirty to me. It is actually enlightening to see the FEDs to step in and investigate an over zealous sheriff.

Oh, he is.

I've been following the story in local papers for about 20 years.

Whether they can make anything stick is the real question.

Don't worry, they'll make the charges stick.

I'm a local here as well and Joes' peers, subordinates, and bosses alike are all tired of him. One of his Sheriffs effectively through him under the bus during a court proceeding by telling the court he was ordered to defy a judge's order, there is not one inmate, past or present, who thinks Joe is a sane, rational person, the County Board of Supervisors, which, among other duties, allocates state funds to the Sheriffs office, has said that they will no longer support nor deride his actions. They want nothing to do with him at all. And last but not least, he pissed off a judge. The same one who ordered the raid because the court monitor reported back to him that not only does the Sheriff's office have no intent in turning over the documents, they had plans for destroying them.

Arpaio thinks he's above the law. He thinks he's the only one who can do his job. He's delusional at best and dangerous at worst.

If it takes actions that seem, to the outsider, to be fascist or whatever in order to bring him to his knees.........trust me, Arizonans won't mind. We know that things like that don't happen here all the time anyway, but we know that things like Arpaio do. He has made these legal situations deteriorate to the point where if anyone tries to bring him down, they have to bend if not break some of the legal rules of a democratic society. At which point he'll point out the legal and moral improprieties to make a legal claim that any charges be dismissed. Kind of like what he tried to do by investigating Judge Snow. Like Big Fat Furry Texan said, he's a grade-A a$$hole.

He's the biggest 2 legged snake this state has, he keeps the image of this state look like the deep south in the 50's and I wish the honorable Judge Snow godspeed in getting that lunatic out of office.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join