It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Seems the Waller county sheriff was fired as the Hempstead police chief due to his racism. But then the fine citizens of Waller county elect him sheriff.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Thanks. I'm trying to get a handle on what exactly people are seeing wrong with it.

All I've got is "well something is jacked up with it" but I don't think that's the technical term, nor does it explain much

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Which is kind of interesting to me, seeing as there's a number of people who love having a sheriff but not police.

Kinda seems to me this guy sucks at both?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Ugh, you are correct -

In 2007, the chief of police in Hempstead, Glenn Smith, was accused of racism and police brutality during an arrest. Council members opted to suspend Smith for two weeks, a sanction that disappointed civil-rights leaders in town. The following year, amid more allegations of police misconduct, Smith was fired. He promptly ran for county sheriff and won, and is now charged with investigating Bland’s death in the jail he oversees.

The Atlantic

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Which is kind of interesting to me, seeing as there's a number of people who love having a sheriff but not police.

Kinda seems to me this guy sucks at both?

Sheriff, but not police.

In Texas, a city has police and the non city parts (incorporated) of the county are covered by the sheriff department. It's all still law enforcement. In counties with smaller towns, like Waller, there isn't a big difference in the two. Maybe more control over a police chief.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Apparently the audio is from the officer's phone call to his sergeant -- at least if I'm reading the message posted in the update correctly.

I did not know this:

Bland was a 28-year-old Black Lives Matter civil rights activist and vocal critic of police brutality who died in police custody after a Texas officer pulled her over for a traffic violation, ordered her out of her car when she refused to put out her cigarette, and aggressively arrested her.

I'd like to know what (if any) previous interactions Ms. Bland had with this officer and the department in general, especially in terms of her activism. It seems there's a good chance she was known by at least some members of the department, if not most -- and probably not in a good way.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I think I worded that incorrectly. I've heard and seen any number of comments that are essentially "get rid of police and just have sheriff's offices."

And then we have this guy...

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Aside from the alleged editing, this little sawed-off Buford T. Justice acted inappropriately. She declines to put out her cigarette and suddenly he needs her out of the car? No. He's insulted and that's all. That's not cause for arrest. In this particular case, I see overstepping of authority.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Seems the Waller county sheriff was fired as the Hempstead police chief due to his racism. But then the fine citizens of Waller county elect him sheriff.

Which only goes to prove my point...its Waller County. Population estimate 46,000 miserable people. In Texas, a "Fly over State", Waller County is a "drive through" to escape, County. For years it had a horrible reputation for speed traps and I mean, stacked speed traps....they'd have two/three cops every five miles. Up the hill, speed 70, crest the hill, speed 55. Zap, the radar gun gets you.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

There was no reason for her to step out of the car, and I can understand why she may be in fear of doing so.

There can be several reasons which officer can find suspicious and request a person to step out. It is highly recommended that such simple requests be abided by in order to not aggravate the situation and even win some "good behavior" points from the officer.

I am not law enforcement but I can presume that a cop pulling you over can issue several tickets that are not even remotely related to traffic issues. So end of the day, play the tough/rude guy and pay up later or worse get hurt tussling with an officer and end up in jail cell along with criminal charge hurting the employment, credit, insurance and several other issues.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'd like to know what (if any) previous interactions Ms. Bland had with this officer and the department in general, especially in terms of her activism. It seems there's a good chance she was known by at least some members of the department, if not most -- and probably not in a good way.

Bland, 28, lived with her family in suburban Chicago, and traveled to Waller County this month seeking a job at her alma mater, Prairie View A&M, where she graduated in May 2009.

I doubt this officer had any prior experience with Ms Bland.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
AH! Texas, she was stopped for not signaling while changing lanes I think
10 years a go I got pulled over for going over the speed limit in Texas which
was bull**it but I complained, then shut up, paid the fine and wrote a nasty
letter to the Texas Highway Patrol, end of story

Yes, that is one solution. Some people have a hard time bending over just becasue they are told to. Sounds like you are still a little sore though.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

originally posted by: victor7
Edited or not, one thing I cannot understand is as to why the Black folks have problems obeying the requests from the police officers?

Yesterday a man was shot in Cincinnati because after fighting with the cop he decided to drive away? Same as this lady, officer asked her to come out of the car and she pretty much physically fought.

Why not obey the officer and display gentle person's cooperation and save yourself from all sorts of charges and even getting shot. Attitude make some difference and in certain cases makes a lot of difference.

Did you watch the video? She did not break any law by smoking a cigarette in her car. There was no reason for her to step out of the car, and I can understand why she may be in fear of doing so.

It seems she had a reasonable fear of it seeing how she is dead.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There's a pretty detailed list of all the edits and soundtrack dubbing out there somewhere. I read it last night.

Shame on them. Lie after lie.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: roadgravel

Which only goes to prove my point...its Waller County. Population estimate 46,000 miserable people. In Texas, a "Fly over State", Waller County is a "drive through" to escape, County. For years it had a horrible reputation for speed traps and I mean, stacked speed traps....they'd have two/three cops every five miles. Up the hill, speed 70, crest the hill, speed 55. Zap, the radar gun gets you.

Gotta agree. I been through there many a time. DPS (state) is all over the big hiways.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There's one thing I find strange, maybe someone can clear it for me: why does he initialy approaches the car on the right side?

The cameras should have a wider lens, as they are it's too easy for things to happen outside of the camera's field of view.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I doubt this officer had any prior experience with Ms Bland.[/unquote]

Okay... any particular reason why you don't think so? It's a pretty small county; if she took part in any police protests or other BLM activist events in that county, I would say that would exponentially increase the chances they had interacted before, and if not that officer specifically, with others she would encounter while in jail. But this is the first I've read that she was a BLM activist, and it doesn't say much more than that, so I don't know.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

There's one thing I find strange, maybe someone can clear it for me: why does he initialy approaches the car on the right side?

So you do not get hit by following traffic. Most State Police in New Jersey do this as well.

edit on 22-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

LOL WTF, that is the worst edit job ever. Not only do we see the same car turning left over and over but the flashing lights on the tow truck are a dead give away for when the video is repeated. There is so much static noise (and it glitches a few times) that it would not be too difficult to overlay and repeat it as it is fairly constant and unchanging.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks.

I asked because all the videos I have seen (not many) I don't remember ever seeing it done this way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join