It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I didn't know I could link tweets. twitter.com...

marynvera.tumblr.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

We don't agree. She did nothing to warrant the arrest. He baited her, and contempt of cop is not a crime.

Lawful order. Example of an unlawful one?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: MoreBeer

She was mouthy, but I didn't see her act violently. Speech is constitutionally protected. The officer had no right to punish her for being mouthy.

Well hopefully she learned her lesson about being mouthy.

And her friends, family, community, and offspring take note how not to act.

Your actions have consequences.

That better be sarcasm...if not..

Being mouthy is not a crime.

Certainly not one whose "consequence" should be arrest or death.

Her friends, family, community, offspring? Not yours?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

ordering a person to put out a cig for that reason is about on par with the officer demanding she remove her shirt to make sure she's not concealing a weapon.

That's true, an officer can invoke a "reasonable suspicion" logic and call for a lady officer to arrive at a scene to conduct an "under shirt" search. Many such drug searches are done right on the roads/highway but only by a lady officer in the case of females.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO

"blacklives matter activist" aka unemployed welfare twitter warrior.

Wow. Really? Pick on dead people much? I guess it's easier than picking on real live people that can actually respond, eh?

I'll reserve my ire for those still living who continue to pose a threat to the living.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

She was mouthy, but I didn't see her act violently. Speech is constitutionally protected. The officer had no right to punish her for being mouthy.

Well hopefully she learned her lesson about being mouthy.

Your answer is obtuse. Speech is constitutionally protected. That doesn't mean your mother can't wash your mouth out with soap, it means the government, aka the police, can't detain, arrest, assault or murder a person for being mouthy to a LEO.

Hopefully this LEO will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, for violating this woman's civil rights, and of course, conspiracy to commit murder.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

it means the government, aka the police, can't detain, arrest, assault or murder a person for being mouthy to a LEO.

be careful when you plan to be mouthy with a LEO the next time. even a minute speck of spit falling on the officer and they have the right to arrest you for spitting on them.

all this information is coming from watching tv and youtube nothing else.

go and talk to some legal expert and you will be scared as to how much power LEOs have. you can still argue you case strongly without being offensive and loud, which unfortunately the lady in the video was.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Please talk to some legal expert or better yet watch talks on CNN etc. where experts will throw their views. She did not put off the cigarette upon LEOs request and immediately he asked her to come out of the car.

Then she would not obey the second order and got into physical fight with the officer. Several charges piled up right there.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I never said that it wise to mouth off to an officer, but speech is constitutionally protected. Is that a right you're will to give up to protect a corrupt police state?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Please talk to some legal expert or better yet watch talks on CNN etc. where experts will throw their views. She did not put off the cigarette upon LEOs request and immediately he asked her to come out of the car.

All the MSM experts agree that the officer's order for her to put out her cigarette was NOT a lawful order, and Sandra Bland was within her rights to refuse. Therefore, ergo ipso facto, the officer's command for her to get out of the car due to the fact that she defied his first, unlawful, order was also an unlawful order.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Edited or not, one thing I cannot understand is as to why the Black folks have problems obeying the requests from the police officers?

What do you mean edited or not? Edited means they know they have done wrong and tried to cover their tracks.

Do you honestly believe everyone should just blindly obey police orders? That we should not feel angry and irritated when hassled, threatened or attacked by what amounts to nothing more than government thugs?

It's nothing to do with the colour of her skin as to why she disobeys the police so what is with the black folk comment? Because I 100% completely and totally side with that woman and would probably be far more angry than she was. And apparently it would get me arrested or shot and you think it is our fault? Our responsibility to just not argue? That the government and police can treat us this way and we should be more accepting of it?

The thought makes me sick.

Yesterday a man was shot in Cincinnati because after fighting with the cop he decided to drive away? Same as this lady, officer asked her to come out of the car and she pretty much physically fought.

So driving away is now punishable by death? It warrants being shot? Sorry but I didnt see her physically fighting. How can you seriously try to justify these actions?

Why not obey the officer and display gentle person's cooperation and save yourself from all sorts of charges and even getting shot. Attitude make some difference and in certain cases makes a lot of difference.

Why? because some of us have our own mind. Principles and morals. Imagine being that woman. knowing that you have been wrongfully stopped by the police. About to be fined for no good reason costing you your hard earned money. I would be angry. Visibly. And rightfully so. And to make it worse he provokes more anger by asking her to remove her cigarette and step out of the car. She did not ask to be stopped and he can explain his problem and issue the ticket through the window so this is unnecessary. Knowing the police force is full of power mad psychopaths I know that stepping outside puts me at risk of being attacked or arrested. So I wouldn't want to get out either.

I believe he was trying to turn this into an arrestable situation right from the start

When the officer lays his hands on that woman she has every right as a human. A living being on the planet earth to defend herself from physical harm or capture. She hasn't done anything wrong and should not have to simply obey anyone. Nobody has the right to control another person that way even if someone has made up some bullsh!t rules saying they can. Wrong is wrong the "law" is irrelevant.

You got one thing right though. Attitude makes a huge difference. If everyone had your attitude then the corrupt tyrants that thrive within our governments, agencies and police forces would win.

So I say well done to any innocent person who stands up to these d!cks. If I go to prison based on my principles then I go with no regrets.

You're unbelievable man

edit on 5708Thursday082015-07-23T09:08:57-05:000857 7 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Edited or not, one thing I cannot understand is as to why the Black folks have problems obeying the requests from the police officers?

Yesterday a man was shot in Cincinnati because after fighting with the cop he decided to drive away? Same as this lady, officer asked her to come out of the car and she pretty much physically fought.

Why not obey the officer and display gentle person's cooperation and save yourself from all sorts of charges and even getting shot. Attitude make some difference and in certain cases makes a lot of difference.

She didn't physically fight. Why was she arrested? Why was she asked to un-ass her vehicle? Why do you and all your stars think it's okay to be controlled by your peers? Who gave them the authority to abuse? How did she "asphyxiate" herself? Good on you for justifying her death because of her bad attitude. Cause that's what she had. And that's all she had.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

We don't agree. She did nothing to warrant the arrest. He baited her, and contempt of cop is not a crime.

Lawful order. Example of an unlawful one?

Absolutely...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

In this case(not all) "reasonable suspicion" is just BS like "stop resisting" as they are kicking the piss out of you, you would let them do as they please? Telling her she had to put out her smoke was not a lawful order in the opinion of many. Like the boy who cried wolf too many times it makes people quite skeptical. All he had to do was give her the ticket but no.. he got his feelers hurt and had to express his power/dominance. Would she be around still if she was more compliant..perhaps but it doesn't excuse the type of escalation we are seeing far too often.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

it means the government, aka the police, can't detain, arrest, assault or murder a person for being mouthy to a LEO.

be careful when you plan to be mouthy with a LEO the next time. even a minute speck of spit falling on the officer and they have the right to arrest you for spitting on them.

all this information is coming from watching tv and youtube nothing else.

go and talk to some legal expert and you will be scared as to how much power LEOs have. you can still argue you case strongly without being offensive and loud, which unfortunately the lady in the video was.

It is not illegal in any way, shape or form to be mouthy with a LEO. You can tell them off, call them pigs, flip them off, all of it perfectly legal. It is, however, illegal to threaten them, such as saying you will murder their family. She did not need to get out of her car, and he had no right to tell her to. If he didn't want to smell the smoke, or whatever crappy reason, then give her the warning and leave. What did he care if she was in a bad mood? Since when are LEOs supposed to provide counseling and therapy to people they stop for a moving violation? Or anyone, for that matter? There was no reasonable suspicion going on in this stop. If he had reason to want to search her car, he would have called for another unit to respond. Hell, he couldn't even tell her why he was arresting her, and to almost climb into her car to pull her out is bull$#!&. And to top it off, the story he was making up as he talked to his superior was not even what happened in the video. What a load of crap!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
not sure if this picture has been posted, but i came across it... and if true wow....

full size: i.imgur.com...
edit on 23-7-2015 by noxxen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

1) Sometimes a person will smoke to mask the smell of drugs or alchohol. If an officer requests you put out a cigarette you put out a cigarette.

2) At a lawful traffic stop no reason has to be given to ask a person to step from their vehicle. He even explained that to her.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Menrva

Are you suggesting she didn't have to get out of her car, or that you think the officer had no reason to ask her to get out of her car? The officer could have determined she may have been impaired and wanted to get her away from the smoke to see if he could smell alcohol...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You are right, it wasn't an lawful order to have her put out her cigarette, but when she refused it was completely lawful to have her step out of the car. Sometimes little things like that trigger spidey senses in LEO's. You can see he went from a perfectly amicable demeanor to one where you could tell he thought something bigger might be going on. Whether anything was or not is immaterial.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

What if she was using the smoke to mask the scent of alcohol or other drugs? Use your head before spouting off why or why not an officer would ask someone to put out a cigarette, 2nd hand smoke and plain old rudeness notwithstanding.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join