It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Okay... any particular reason why you don't think so?

Well, She graduated from the university near where her arrest occurred in 2009. She had been a resident of Chicago for the past 6 years, and she was in town for a job interview.

Being a "Black Lives Matter" activist I would imagine that her protesting would have been in Ferguson, and the other places that were holding rallies. I haven't heard of any "Black Lives Matter" rallies in the area.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
She told the staff at intake that she had a suicide attempt within the last year.
edit on 7/22/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thank you. I thought I had read that she moved back to town before the interview, not that she was just in town for the interview. That's why I wondered.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
In all fairness to civilians, the cops should be trained in shooting the "less lethal" areas like legs or shoulders etc. This especially true when the culprit is unarmed and at a distance.

Each cop car should also have an immobilizer" where by they can speed upto the car and press the switch to bring the vehicle to stop and not starting again. This technology is old by 20 years or so and should save lives of many cops, fleeing culprits and passing by drivers in the risk of accident.

In this day and age of advanced sensors, cop cars should also have "seeker" gun systems on their car's front. Once activated, this system will automatically align a shot on the tires of the fleeing vehicle and shoot to disable it. No need for 100+ mph chases during the rush hour in the busy neighborhoods.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

No.

Your taxes will cover the cost of that. As of right now, the only electronic vehicle immobilizers I've heard of have to be mounted in the target vehicle, not on the vehicle attempting to stop the target vehicle like a ray-gun. They already tested using a system where an officer can coordinate a shutdown of a vehicle equipped with the technology and determined that it would be overly complicated for an officer to do without coordination from dispatch and the vehicle owner or operator in the middle of a chase or other event. A company in the UK is working on what is, in effect, a tower that can be used to immobilize vehicles but it's not ready to be put on a vehicle.

Your taxes will also cover the cost of that as well. Most agencies don't have a Q branch coming up with gadgets for them.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

How does this in any way relate to this topic?

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

Not the one I read, which was lengthier but which I can't find now.

Sandra Bland Death: Officials say glitch, not editing, caused video irregularities

B to the S.

Here Are the Key Moments of the Sandra Bland Dashcam Arrest Video

Sorry, but he's liar.
edit on 7/22/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
To add to this: Disturbing that there seems to be something very off in her mug shot. Found this image that describes some of what is in suspect here, Discussion on Sandra Bland's Mugshot. Some concern is that she may be deceased(thus as why to refrain from sharing). Possible editing of the photo as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Like I said...millisseconds away from signing the warning and being done and he picks on her with the cig thing. Total BS.

originally posted by: roadgravel
She told the staff at intake that she had a suicide attempt within the last year.

And yet no suicide watch?

a reply to: dreamingawake
I had the most horrible feeling when I saw that mug shot. Not even going to say.

edit on 7/22/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It is said the jail checks every hour. Not sure how good a watch that is.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I don't understand why law enforcement thinks they push around people and order them around, and expect everyone to bow down and "obey".

When someone is not doing something violent, there is no reason for law enforcement to make demands of them, or to be anything other than respectful.

Police should serve and protect, not rule over citizens like tyrants.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The first thing I ever learned driving was that if you ever get pulled over to do exactly what the officer says. Admit your guilt and never argue. Three of the four times that I've gotten pulled over I've done the above and got a warning. The one time I got a ticket was the one time I argued with the cop. Maybe she should've just been respectful and admitted what she'd done instead of copping an attitude. She probably would've driven away with a warning.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

oops nevermind
edit on 22-7-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguyMaybe she should've just been respectful and admitted what she'd done instead of copping an attitude. She probably would've driven away with a warning.
As opposed to a violent arrest, threatening to be "lit up" with a taser, and eventually losing her life.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

*taking her own life, according to the Medical examiner.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If someone admits to an attempted suicide in the recent past, they MUST be placed on suicide watch, and jail personnel are required to check the person every 15 minutes. State Jail Standards require this, and 1 hour checks for everyone else. They didn't even do this, as they admitted to using the intercom for numerous checks, which is not allowed.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The Texas Commission on Jail Standards criticized the Waller County Jail for insufficient training and for failing to check on inmates face-to-face every hour, and ordered it to come into compliance. The Waller County Sheriff's Office said its jailers had received mental health training, though not in the past year. The office ACKNOWLEDGED that guards used the intercom to check in on Bland rather than an in-person inspection as REQUIRED.

What we know so far
edit on 22-7-2015 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Police should serve and protect, not rule over citizens like tyrants.

That's why items like cop car camera or body cameras have been introduced to keep the cops from playing a loose shot on the pulled over person. However, asking items like stepping out of the car or similar safety related topics should not be interpreted as "tyrannical". A cop only needs a reasonable suspicion to conduct a search of the car and person.

Please do not get into nitty and gritty of the issues. When acting in an aggravating manner with the cops, please be ready for them to react in harsher manner and avail their authority to write stiff or stiffer tickets and citations.

When it comes down to physically fighting and assaulting the cop then be ready to be shot or tasered etc. I would however want cops to be trained in trying their best to shoot neutral parts of the body in order to not kill the person or atleast having technologies and gadgets on them that would immediately give them upper hand over the assaulting person like taser or even a pepper spray/smoke etc. These should work much better against an unarmed nutcase assaulting the LEO.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
She certainly was violent during the arrest and loud!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

She was mouthy, but I didn't see her act violently. Speech is constitutionally protected. The officer had no right to punish her for being mouthy.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7 Attitude make some difference and in certain cases makes a lot of difference.

too bad the cops don't get that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join