It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Here Are the Key Moments of the Sandra Bland Dashcam Arrest Video Sorry, but he's liar.

Sorry mam, that lady brought it on herself. The cop repeatedly told her "I am giving you a lawful order", that means he knew something from the law topics that would allow him to request a step out of the car and following commands.

Once she resisted arrest, there were several charged piled up on her right away.

Best is to comply with the orders and try to be always present in front of the dashcam i.e not run etc. Then lawyers and others can help you if cop violated some rules etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The more I learn about this case the more concerned I am with the detail that the officer knew what this woman did for a living and was so concerned about it he called his supervisor about this fact.

Am I wrong or did this simple traffic stop excellerate due to the information on, "Black Lives Matter"?

Don't even get me started about how much LEOs dislike people that know their rights. I don't care if you don't like this woman words or her choices. She wasn't being paid to work with the public and she had no need to behave professionally. The LEO not only was on the clock, he didn't behave in a professional manner.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: raedar

Apparently the audio is from the officer's phone call to his sergeant -- at least if I'm reading the message posted in the update correctly.

I did not know this:

Bland was a 28-year-old Black Lives Matter civil rights activist and vocal critic of police brutality who died in police custody after a Texas officer pulled her over for a traffic violation, ordered her out of her car when she refused to put out her cigarette, and aggressively arrested her.

"blacklives matter activist" aka unemployed welfare twitter warrior.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7
Your post seriously just cased me rage. LEOs do nothing but try enforce their ability to make you follow even the smallest order. It doesn't matter if he asked her to put out the cigarette. He didn't have the legal right to ask her to put out the cigarette. He was having a power trip and trying to cause the outcome he got! He made up a reason to arrest her! Her knowing her was out of line caused him to go to extreme measures in enforcing his stupid demands.

This is exactly why I teach my kids that they are only allowed to tell and LEO that they are not allowed to speak to them.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Not for a minute do i believe that she killed herself with a plastic bag!
I also fail to see why there is so much attention to the moment of her being arrested and so little about how she supposedly succeeded to hang herself in a police cell with a plastic bag.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
In all fairness to civilians, the cops should be trained in shooting the "less lethal" areas like legs or shoulders etc. This especially true when the culprit is unarmed and at a distance.

Each cop car should also have an immobilizer" where by they can speed upto the car and press the switch to bring the vehicle to stop and not starting again. This technology is old by 20 years or so and should save lives of many cops, fleeing culprits and passing by drivers in the risk of accident.

In this day and age of advanced sensors, cop cars should also have "seeker" gun systems on their car's front. Once activated, this system will automatically align a shot on the tires of the fleeing vehicle and shoot to disable it. No need for 100+ mph chases during the rush hour in the busy neighborhoods.

You do understand how hard/dangerous it would be to hit someone in the leg or arms in these situations? Admitting that you were shooting to wound can be used as evidence against the person showing they weren't in fear for their life and the person didn't have a justified reason for pulling/firing their gun.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

That's where good training and further fine tuning comes. It would take only one $10K or so simulator for each station where cops can practice practice practice to shoot in various situations.

Give even $5-10K to an electronics buff and they will make a more than sophisticated "sensor gun" which when activated, blows out the tires of the fleeing car, all the while the cop is focused on safe driving for himself and other vehicles/persons in the area. Heck, this gun can even be remotely operated and controlled by someone sitting 10 miles away in the Ops Centre via various communication links that help fly drones etc.

Regarding legal issues, that's for law makers and similar experts to decide and make new laws etc.

Thanks goodness for the dash cams and similar goodies. They are good for both the LEOs and persons being pulled over.
edit on 22-7-2015 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Best is to comply with the orders and try to be always present in front of the dash-cam i.e not run etc.

Get stuffed. Legally she was allowed to smoke a cigarette in her car. how many white guys smoking in their cars are arrested over a simple traffic violation I wonder?!?

White cop, power trip against a black women. Enough said.

Then lawyers and others can help you if cop violated some rules etc.

Not if your found dead, like this poor woman is.
edit on pm1024318222015-07-22T22:24:26-05:00102015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: MoreBeer

She was mouthy, but I didn't see her act violently. Speech is constitutionally protected. The officer had no right to punish her for being mouthy.

Well hopefully she learned her lesson about being mouthy.

And her friends, family, community, and offspring take note how not to act.

Your actions have consequences.
edit on 22-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Best is to comply with the orders and try to be always present in front of the dash-cam i.e not run etc.

Get stuffed. Legally she was allowed to smoke a cigarette in her car. how many white guys smoking in their cars are arrested over a simple traffic violation I wonder?!?

White cop, power trip against a black women. Enough said.

Then lawyers and others can help you if cop violated some rules etc.

Not if your found dead, like this poor woman is.

That's right she didnt do nothin

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Legally she was allowed to smoke a cigarette in her car.

I am not LEO or legal expert, but I think if certain acts and conditions obstruct, inhibit or concern a LEO from performing his/her duties then they have the right to "ORDER" that act be stopped, ceased etc. Ex: smoking can cause discomfort to the officer or obstruct his/her ability to clearly see inside the car and feel secured that no weapons are in the passenger seat etc, or loud music or certain smell from the car etc.

Refusal to do so would be "an obstruction of justice" or "obstructing a public servant in the performance of the duty".

Rest is the matter for legal experts to chime in.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

That's where good training and further fine tuning comes. It would take only one $10K or so simulator for each station where cops can practice practice practice to shoot in various situations.

Give even $5-10K to an electronics buff and they will make a more than sophisticated "sensor gun" which when activated, blows out the tires of the fleeing car, all the while the cop is focused on safe driving for himself and other vehicles/persons in the area. Heck, this gun can even be remotely operated and controlled by someone sitting 10 miles away in the Ops Centre via various communication links that help fly drones etc.

Regarding legal issues, that's for law makers and similar experts to decide and make new laws etc.

Thanks goodness for the dash cams and similar goodies. They are good for both the LEOs and persons being pulled over.

You can do all the simulations in the world and it's still not going to make shooting to wound a good idea or even safe. If a cop feels he needs gun to wound someone then he shouldn't have drawn his weapon in the first place and should be arrested just like all the other people who fired their weapon at someone with out a justifiable reason. Why do you believe shooting to wound isn't taught in self defense situations today?
edit on 22-7-2015 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I think it has little to do with impairing his job and more with establishing dominance/control.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Your thinking is right but in the legal matters the officer had only to show "reasonable suspicion" to order her to step out of the car.

Surely officer felt disrespected from her rude behavior before and then refusal to put out the cigarette. He then availed the rights given to him as the LEO authority and acted upon it.

Splitting hairs and banging tables on nitty gritty issues will not help.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Were you aware that there are classes, free for that matter teaching the black community on their rights with the LEO? Were you also aware this class, and there are books on the topic were created because the behavior of this LEO officer not only isn't new its the reason there are people willing to shoot anything in a uniform.

So, the very same community you belittle with your heartless comment not only see a problem, but work towards a solution. Because it just makes sense that the public should spend their free time training themselves on how to behave while being harassed.

edit on 22-7-2015 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

I know your aren't a child, you are however being childish so I will share with you what I teach my kids. Note near the bottom where it says police will lie! They are trained to lie. They are also trained to give you multiple citations at a time in the hopes one will stick.
policecrimes.com...
edit on 22-7-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

originally posted by: windword

She was mouthy, but I didn't see her act violently. Speech is constitutionally protected. The officer had no right to punish her for being mouthy.

Consequences=Punish and accidentally(or other) kill her?

She cannot SPEAK about a "lesson" learned. If this is indeed a cover-up-not suicide- and revealed as so legal wise for that, her friends, family, community and children are going to learn what?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It's really about the individual officer I guess..I have seen vids from dashcams where the cop is at the side of the vehicle being tore a new one by his ticketee and just stays as cool as a cucumber and finishes off with have a nice day..didn't need to drag the subject out of the car for a traffic violation, no escalation really needed..just do the job and carry on.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Agit8dChop

Legally she was allowed to smoke a cigarette in her car.

I am not LEO or legal expert, but I think if certain acts and conditions obstruct, inhibit or concern a LEO from performing his/her duties then they have the right to "ORDER" that act be stopped, ceased etc. Ex: smoking can cause discomfort to the officer or obstruct his/her ability to clearly see inside the car and feel secured that no weapons are in the passenger seat etc, or loud music or certain smell from the car etc.

Refusal to do so would be "an obstruction of justice" or "obstructing a public servant in the performance of the duty".

Rest is the matter for legal experts to chime in.

Did you seriously just invoke
"If she doesn't put out her cigarette that officer won't be going home at the end of his shift"?

Because that's sure what it sounded like to me. Smoking isn't illegal, especially in your car. It was in no way hindering his investigation, ordering a person to put out a cig for that reason is about on par with the officer demanding she remove her shirt to make sure she's not concealing a weapon.

How do all these cops in countries where they're not even allowed to carry guns ever make it home alive if they can't simply murder people out of convenience?
edit on 23-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You make no sense at all.....

Um she is dead...WTF do you think she is going to learn ?

The friends and family will learn something and that will be to NOT trust police

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I can not find an article but there are pictures going around twitter saying she was already dead in her mugshot picture. They are saying she was lying on the ground when her mug was taken. Some pictures show how she would normally pose for a pic vs the mug and then others are showing some one from the same jail with a different background(wall vs concrete floor).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join