It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

A man leaves the truck in the center of the frame at 25:05. For the next 15 seconds, he walks toward the right of the frame and leaves. At 25:19, he suddenly appears again, promptly disappears, then returns at 25:22. The same footage of him walking is subsequently repeated.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

I just went through and watched what was pointed out and, well, yes it has been edited. It's not even good editing. It's very obvious editing. I'm going to watch the original again.

25:05 is the first point, and the officers voice never stutters like the video does. Is this proof they overdubbed their video with the officer recounting what happened?

Edit to add:

Since DPS removed their video, I found the full video from another user -

edit on 22-7-2015 by raedar because: see Edit notes

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

This is not the only part of the video that was edited.

At 32:37, a white car drives into the left side of the frame, then promptly disappears in the middle of the road. Seconds later, the same car drives back into the frame and subsequently turns left. This footage is later looped several times.

A different white car also drives into the left side of the frame and turns left from 32:49 to 32:59. The previous white car again briefly enters the frame at 33:04, and once more at 33:06, yet it suddenly disappears both times. When these cuts are made in the footage, the lights on top of the truck in the center of the frame also abruptly cut out.

At 33:08, the exact same footage from 32:37 is repeated, followed by the same second white car at 33:17.

Same Link as in OP

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
DPS is, of course, saying that it's unedited. They've submitted the video to the FBI for verification of their claim. They do admit that there was "video and sound glitches" with the initial post.

Source:

www.thedailybeast.com...
edit on 22-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Added quote

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Edited or not, one thing I cannot understand is as to why the Black folks have problems obeying the requests from the police officers?

Yesterday a man was shot in Cincinnati because after fighting with the cop he decided to drive away? Same as this lady, officer asked her to come out of the car and she pretty much physically fought.

Why not obey the officer and display gentle person's cooperation and save yourself from all sorts of charges and even getting shot. Attitude make some difference and in certain cases makes a lot of difference.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar
The video in your link has now been removed. However I don't know how they can say this was NOT edited.

a reply to: Shamrock6
Sound edits do NOT change the video. But I will give them an E for Effort. The video shows looping not sound problems.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here's another report:

www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
The video in your link has now been removed. However I don't know how they can say this was NOT edited.

Sound edits do NOT change the video. But I will give them an E for Effort. The video shows looping not sound problems.

Wow, the video on the DPS YouTube page has also been removed.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
...and save yourself from all sorts of charges and even getting shot.

Is that a threat?

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Edited or not, one thing I cannot understand is as to why the Black folks have problems obeying the requests from the police officers?

Yesterday a man was shot in Cincinnati because after fighting with the cop he decided to drive away? Same as this lady, officer asked her to come out of the car and she pretty much physically fought.

Why not obey the officer and display gentle person's cooperation and save yourself from all sorts of charges and even getting shot. Attitude make some difference and in certain cases makes a lot of difference.

Did you watch the video? She did not break any law by smoking a cigarette in her car. There was no reason for her to step out of the car, and I can understand why she may be in fear of doing so.
edit on 22-7-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I updated my comment. They're quoted as saying both video and audio glitches, not just audio. I would apologize but I could swear when I first read the article I was on, it only said audio.

I can't watch the whole video (at work) but the first problem, the one around 25 minutes in, looks to just be a glitch to me.

Qualifying statement: I have zero technical skill, so I'm not doing anything other than offering my take on the very first hiccup in the video.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

...and save yourself from all sorts of charges and even getting shot.

Is that a threat?

How in the hell do you even come close to taking that as a threat? That's hysterical, given the number of times "you'll get shot for not respecting his authoritay" and other pithy comments get spouted any time a cop kills somebody.

Good lord.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7
It's not illegal for me to be a jerk. LEO had better be trained to work with the public that's full of jerks.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Since the audio and video are in the same file, the audio would glitch at the same time as the video. This looks to me that the officer's voice was overdubbed onto edited video.

There is more than one example, and the officer's voice just rolls along smoothly as he tells his side.

"glitches" -
25:05
32:49
33:08 and 32:07 have the same footage
33:50
etc

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The article has been updated.

They told the Texas Tribune that the video has not been edited. This seems unlikely. It is possible parts of the repeated footage are encoding errors, but it is unlikely that the 15-second repeated clip of a man leaving the truck is an encoding error.

updated article

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
AH! Texas, she was stopped for not signaling while changing lanes I think
10 years a go I got pulled over for going over the speed limit in Texas which
was bull**it but I complained, then shut up, paid the fine and wrote a nasty
letter to the Texas Highway Patrol, end of story

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Couple of questions: is the audio from a lapel mic or an in-vehicle system? Do you know? If they are separate systems, could that explain the difference in video and audio...clarity? I guess that's the word I'm looking for.

Absolutely not trying to bait or troll or anything. Asking from a position of ignorance, as I haven't found anything to clarify it and the technical stuff makes my eyes cross
edit on 22-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo fail

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This isn't "news" and it doesn't bear examination. Its Waller County, Texas. Same crap, different day. When you get obnoxious with Cops, they get obnoxious with you, plain and simple.

CNN devotes 30 minutes of every hour to this story and has done so for the last 3 days. They only have two stories they're running right now, Donald Trump and this one.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Couple of questions: is the audio from a lapel mic or an in-vehicle system? Do you know? If they are separate systems, could that explain the difference in video and audio...clarity? I guess that's the word I'm looking for.

Absolutely not trying to bait or troll or anything. Asking from a position of ignorance, as I haven't found anything to clarify it and the technical stuff makes my eyes cross

That's a good point. They probably have to be synced up. I believe it would have been a lapel mic, as you can hear the trooper clearly when he is not in the car.

I'm curious why they overdubbed it the way they did, however. The whole thing still doesn't "feel right" to me, but my feelings are not relevant ha.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If you were black living in an increasingly racist Nation (some areas more than others obviously) you might be able to understand.

When you talk about attitude, we have to question the cop's attitude. She has rights and more and more black people are getting sick and tired of cowering, taking a knee when told to just because "I said so". Hell, I'm not black but I can fully understand not obeying unlawful orders from egotistical, power mad cops.

If you keep doing everything they say just so you can be a nice guy, you will find yourself licking boots soon enough. Why? Just to keep the peace?

"display gentle person's cooperation and save yourself from all sorts of charges and even getting shot. "

Your words, not mine.

You should be angry, not afraid.

Jude

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

This isn't "news" and it doesn't bear examination. Its Waller County, Texas. Same crap, different day. When you get obnoxious with Cops, they get obnoxious with you, plain and simple.

CNN devotes 30 minutes of every hour to this story and has done so for the last 3 days. They only have two stories they're running right now, Donald Trump and this one.

The fact that it is reported on the "news" should be a clue that it is, in fact, news.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join