It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW VIDEO: Another Planned Parenthood Doctor Haggling Price Of Baby Body Parts

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Wow, you must be the 100th person to post the history of Margaret Sanger in this thread. Did you honestly think you were contributing anything new to the thread there with that information? No one cares about the sins of the parents. We only care about what the people running it now believe. That's like saying that all people with racist parents or grandparents are also racist. It's idiotic.

That's just it though ... Sanger didn't say most of the crap that gets quoted in her name, and what she did say is taken ludicrously out of context.

Plenty of information on actual Sanger writings and speeches is available at the Margaret Sanger Papers Project (at New York University)
edit on 7Wed, 22 Jul 2015 07:27:19 -050015p072015766 by Gryphon66 because: are ----> is

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
For example, here's another quote directly from Sanger's writings:

Every mother and mother-to-be should protect the fundamental rights of her babies and in fact of all babies.

Baby's rights' have been well formulated by my friend Marie Carmichael Stopes: They are:

"To be wanted.

"To be loved before birth as well as after birth.

"To be given a body untainted by a heritable disease, uncontaminated by any of the racial poisons.

"To be fed on the food that nature supplies, or, if that fails, the very nearest substitute that can be discovered.

"To have fresh air to breathe; to play in the sunshine with his limbs free in the air; to crawl about on sweet clean grass.

"When he is good to do what a baby wants to do and not what his parents want; for instance, to sleep most of his time, not to sit up and crow in response to having his cheeks pinched or his sides tickled.

"When he is naughty, to do what his parents want and not what he wants; to be made to understand the law of the jungle.' From his earliest days he must be disciplined in relation to the great physical facts of existence, to which he will always hereafter have to bow. The sooner he comprehends this, the better for his future."

or

Our girls must be brought up to realize that Motherhood is the most sacred profession in the world, and that it is a profession that requires more preparation than any other open to women. This preparation must be begun in infancy; but unlike much of the dull routine of what passes for preliminary education' to-day, the prerequisites' for motherhood should be made, and luckily for us, are being made more and more interesting for girls and young women. The first requisite is, of course, sound healthy bodies -- and incidentally sound healthy minds -- built up by play and sport and work of the right kind.

No Healthy Race without Birth Control

Have any of you ever seen those Sanger quotes?

I wonder why. Could it be that they don't serve the lies of an extremist political agenda?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Trust me. I know. Quote mines from someone years ago is just a fallacy one uses when they don't have a real argument to refute the facts of the day. I see it all the time in evolution debates.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No one cares about the sins of the parents. We only care about what the people running it now believe.

This argument only works if you are a lib. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine to lay blame on the parents. After all, how long did we hear "It's all Bush's fault!!!"

Conservatives only cared about who was running it now, but that didn't matter to you guys, did it.

I love how you lefties want people to do as you say and not as you do.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Oh, please, go defend this piece of crap on another website.

You libs have gotten more these past 7 years than at any other time in history. But, here's the rub, history will show that this kind of thinking ALWAYS leads to destruction. And after those that think like you have been laid to waste, society will come together to correct the "sins of the parents."

However, since the devil has been loosed on this world, he will find people like you to corrupt and support ideologies that are on par with ISIS and other terrorist organizations. Thus, the cycle will continue.

I look forward to seeing the day when the progressive movement dies.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Probably written by libs.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2

No one cares about the sins of the parents. We only care about what the people running it now believe.

This argument only works if you are a lib. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine to lay blame on the parents. After all, how long did we hear "It's all Bush's fault!!!"

This argument is invalid and a false equivalence fallacy. Bush's Presidency had JUST ended and we hadn't totally seen the effects of Bush's policies until well into Obama's Presidency. The same will be true for Obama when HE leaves office. There is also the fact that the Dems ran with this rhetoric for too long, so it's not like the Dems are in the clear with that either.

Meanwhile, Sanger lived in the 30's. She is a full 3 generations removed from us. The popular opinions and beliefs of her day are not the same popular opinions and beliefs of today. Her policies have been superseded by all the people who have headed PP SINCE she left the organization.

Conservatives only cared about who was running it now, but that didn't matter to you guys, did it.

I love how you lefties want people to do as you say and not as you do.

I'm not a lefty. Learn how to properly construct an argument and an analogy then get back to me.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

What a disgusting and racist thing to say. Retract that filthy statement immediately.

You better check your allegations. Your outrage is misplaced.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

This thread represents the height of ignorance, hypocrisy and hyperbole.

edit on 22-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This was a cover to support her ideology of reducing the negro, disabled and poor populations. She only wanted people whom she THOUGHT should be parents to do so. Kinda like another evil man who thought that only blonde hair, blue-eyed people should live.

I'll say it again....PLANNED PARENTHOOD was founded on the beliefs of someone who should be labeled an eugenicist. She wanted to selectively reduce certain segments of the population through abortion or birth control.

However, one thing I've learned about progressives and people like this, you're patient to a fault. You'll wait years, decades even, silently pushing your agenda bit by bit. And, time is on your side. Things that this woman said or believed in can now be simply excused with the wave of a hand, because that was a long time ago and no way that history hasn't changed or her words attributed to someone else.

What a farce. She was evil, the founding of PP was done from the standpoint of carrying out her evil and it is FULL VIEW today thank to the efforts of this group who takes the time to find out what really happens in these clinics. But, because liberals won the abortion battle in the SCOTUS and because liberals tie the abortion issue to their party, then there is no way that there is any chance PP will have its funding cut. It's just another sinkhole libs can pour money into to ensure that they lock up this segment of voters. Yeah, that is sick.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Margaret Sanger wanted to give ALL women the freedom to live normal sexual lives without having to worry about yet another unwanted pregnancy, which was another mouth to feed and caused long-term health problems for the mother. If anything, she was a feminist (another dirty word to the conservatives, I suppose).

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'd be willing to bet that you don't even know the full range of services that PP provides or the percentages those services are provided at.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Grimpachi

This thread represents the height of ignorance, hypocrisy and hyperbole.

It should also have been moved to the HOAX forum by now.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Margaret Sanger was a hero when it came to representing women and their reproductive rights.

In the 1920s various theories of eugenics were popular among intellectuals in the United States. For example, 75% of colleges offered courses on eugenics. Sanger, in her campaign to promote birth control, teamed with eugenics organizations such as the American Eugenics Society, although she argued against many of their positions.

Scholars describe Sanger as believing that birth control, sterilization and abortion should be voluntary and not based on race. She advocated for "voluntary motherhood"—the right to choose when to be pregnant—for all women, as an important element of women's rights.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I have every right to be outraged by this video and don't need to prove anything to you.

I'm so sick of having people in these forums belittle others because the don't construct analogies or arguments to their liking.

The facts are this. These two PP individuals have said horrendous things. PP has apologized only in the tone they used, but quickly tried to lay blame at the group doing the videoing as a hit piece. They did not denounce these activities, which leads me to believe they fully support them.

These posts his these forums and you and others lie in wait for the first conservative to say something or write something because they are incensed. Then you gang up on said individual and lay out your intellectual schtick about how this is selectively edited, taken out of context, a right-wing hit piece, or a hoax of all things . Then you try to convince folks that Sanger isn't who she really is.

Part of my frustration is the double-standard that you folks live by. I've seen you attack, personally, in these very forums, those that defend a conservative or christian group. I've seen you call for IMMEDIATE action, fines, jail time and downright revenge against these individuals. Most of the time, I don't see properly laid out arguments or analogies, just knee-jerk reactions that you are accusing some in this thread about.

Guess I have only myself to blame. No, I am not the best when it comes to arguing my point. Never have been. I believe what I believe. Yes, I try very hard to think critically and not let emotion guide my responses, but can't do so when it comes to an unborn child.

There was a time when I could block individuals on this site, because of the anger it created in me from some of the junk they wrote. I could almost see their smirky grin on their face as they wrote their rebuttal, thinking highly of themselves as they lured their thread victim in the jaws of their intellect. They had something to prove alright; that they were better and move evolved that the other dopes posting comments. They wanted those starts and applause.

Well, like Obama told John McCain in '09, "we won, you lost." So, to all of you libs and PP supporters...YOU WON. Got it. Gay Marriage...YOU WON. Obamacare....YOU WON.

Keep rubbing our noses in it. We get it though. And just like Moses wasn't a great orator, God used him to confront a hardened Pharaoh and free His people. And just like I may not be a good writer or form a great argument, I know that God is going to use all of this to His will and that, eventually, life will prevail. And many more of us on this site also know that one day the beliefs you hold will put down.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Sounds like a cover for a eugenicist to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Hitler was viewed as a hero for a time as well. Something to consider.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

They did not denounce these activities, which leads me to believe they fully support them.

Winner Winner!

Yes, most people support a woman's right to choose to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. Most people support a woman's right to donate the result of that termination to medical research. Most people understand that the storage and transfer of those materials that will be used in fetal stem cell research and therapy requires monetary maintenance.

edit on 22-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

a reply to: windword

Hitler was viewed as a hero for a time as well. Something to consider.

No, its not. Apples and helicopters!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

Sounds like a cover for a eugenicist to me.

Okay, kinda like how Christianity is supposed to be all "God loves everybody and just wants what's best for everyone", when we all know that organized religion is just a cover for mass genocide, and control using fear and intimidation tactics.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join