It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERES. Contact May Have Been Made.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I have already posted a topic about NASA talking about dawn going offline due to anomaly detection. However looking more and more at the CERES photos something just does not make sense. Looking firstly at this image.

First, the spots are brighter than the illumination of the day side. Ice or salt would not do this. This might be possible in the above photo if there were surfaces oriented at 45° angle to the Sun reflecting sunlight toward the spacecraft. However look at the photo again. The spots stay illuminated even at sunset. If it were ice, sunlight should be reflecting at low angle from the surface; not toward the spacecraft.

Second, if this is natural it is strange that two bright spots would be found in the same crater. It is also unusual that one would be in the crater’s center and the second would be displaced from the first in a direction parallel to the planet’s equator. City planners do this sort of thing, not Nature. Which brings the below image to mind...

Given that Ceres is 950 km in diameter, these luminous spots appear to be about 10 to 15 km in diameter. This is about the size of a city and cities are normally illuminated. Ceres would be an ideal place for a spaceport base whether it be an alien civilization or built by a breakaway terrestrial civilization. Since Ceres rotates once every 9 hours, perhaps its residents feel that it makes sense to keep their city illuminated throughout Ceres’ rotation cycle rather than turning its lights on and off.

I just thought I would give this thought process to ATS.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Nice thread! Just wanted to say thanks. Ceres has DEFINITELY caught my attention. When are we supposed to get updated photos again?

Anyway, thanks for the thread. Definitely makes you think

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I LOVE the idea of alien life....heck, I believe we will find proof of extraterrestrial life in this generation...

But dude, this is a really thin thread.....like sheets of atoms thin...
There is a 0% chance this is a city.....way more likely to be a photo anomaly/artifact than a ridiculous city...

Posts like this discredit those of us who truly believe in life existing everywhere in our galaxy....there is simply no chance a civilization capable of traversing the expanses of space would pick a crater on Ceres to build a society...
Sorry but that's the truth.
-Christosterone

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

Thank you. I appreciate the kind reply. At the moment it seems NASA is playing a little catch up because they have yet to give a time for release of new information. Dawn is supposedly at this minute taking its second mapping of CERES. Hopefully those details surface soon and are honest.

there is no special "window" for starting or completing the spiral to the third mapping orbit. The plans for the third and fourth mapping orbits can be shifted to new dates without significant changes in objectives or productivity.

Seems like they are in no rush, interesting....

Nasa
edit on 14-7-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Either way I blame Obama and Bush. Cheney masterminded all of it.

I'm sure NASA is just trolling you

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Posts like this I feel do not discredit anybody that holds true to the thought that life exists elsewhere. If for instance nothing is found on CERES ( if we are to believe the final story if this is the case, as lets be honest when have we ever felt like we was being told the truth. ) then nothing is found, that does not discredit those that understand the universe is vast and has the possibility of life. This is a mathematical obvious equation, life must exist elsewhere if life exists here.

I sure was not pointing out this could be a city but possibility that it sure could be something more then just ICE or SALT.

edit on 14-7-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I LOVE the idea of alien life....heck, I believe we will find proof of extraterrestrial life in this generation...

But dude, this is a really thin thread.....like sheets of atoms thin...
There is a 0% chance this is a city.....way more likely to be a photo anomaly/artifact than a ridiculous city...

Posts like this discredit those of us who truly believe in life existing everywhere in our galaxy....there is simply no chance a civilization capable of traversing the expanses of space would pick a crater on Ceres to build a society...
Sorry but that's the truth.
-Christosterone

That is hilarious. How exactly do you come up with 0% chance and a 'Photo Artifact", when NASA has talked about the bright spots, and doesn't know what it is. Also, the bright spots have stayed illuminated in the very same crater through hundreds of photos from DAWN. I think you need to do some research before you make claims like that.

ETA: Just because you can't understand how a civilization could travel at light speed or better does not mean a civilization millions or billions of years ahead of us has not been able to master it. Talk about ridiculous!

edit on 14/7/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

I have noticed the bright spots staying illuminated as it gets near the terminator as well. I just don't know what it is. There could be a bright glowing element that we just have no knowledge of here on Earth. However, it could equally be illumination from another civilizations outpost or mining colony. The thing is NOBODY knows at this point and NASA has said as much. I eagerly await closer pass photo releases. When they had the problem, I felt that was very convenient. But, it is resolved and back up at this point.

edit on 14/7/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yeah I've been saying this.

Looks like city lights.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Someone sure is going to look foolish when the bright spots are revealed to be nothing more than ice or salt or something...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If it turns out to be something alien do you think NASA will tell us? They will see the photos first, so I'm just wondering if they did find a civilization there would they be honest about it, or would the info never be revealed?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Good point with the idea of element unknown to earth, I have heard stories about such crystals being used in the past ( I am not talking read your palm crystals
) but crystals that were somehow utilised to generated large quantities of power causing beams of light or very bright sources of energy. This was was theorised to be utilised by the atlanteans Crystals

Just like elements we list in the darkened area of the periodic table that we theorise should exists but we do not posses certainly would give the indication that maybe there are elements we just do not posses. You cannot build a bike without any wheels....

Certainly about there sudden cut off, of data. Seems very convenient.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
Someone sure is going to look foolish when the bright spots are revealed to be nothing more than ice or salt or something...

Here he is, my forum scrolling friend. He is the best at making sure no one is being ignorant.

Again, well done!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
If it turns out to be something alien do you think NASA will tell us? They will see the photos first, so I'm just wondering if they did find a civilization there would they be honest about it, or would the info never be revealed?

MY hopeful side says if there is something to be finally shared with the public, they will do so and change this pattern of hiding secrets. If there is something going on, of-course.

However my rational side says, possibly they are conjuring up some kind of carefully plotted response.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thanks for those gifs used, does show my point exactly.

It seems some people in this world just think we will go on forever never discovering other life, how odd. New species are found all the time on earth, however we known where we have not looked on earth, space is a big place.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The shadowed rims of the crater it lies in leads me to believe that it is self luminated given that it appears to be approaching the termination line. Definitely odd. What is the scale supposed to be?
edit on 14-7-2015 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

I don't think anyone can look too foolish at this point...given that nobody knows why these specific locations are illuminated. If they are not found to be "ice or salt or something", should you have to feel foolish? I don't think so...

This is part of the fun/joy of discovery...something odd or unexpected is observed, speculation and theories are initially plentiful. More observations and measurements will follow, eliminating some ideas and bolstering others.

It should be very, very interesting!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I'll give you the likelihood, but we can't say 0% chance. We don't have that kind of certainty about a lot of things on earth. Let alone the universe. I've never met and talked with ET to find out where they like to build cities and/or outposts. Or ask them what their interest in Ceres might be. Extremely low chances? That I'll go for.

there is simply no chance a civilization capable of traversing the expanses of space would pick a crater on Ceres to build a society... Sorry but that's the truth.

Here again. I would agree the chances are indeed slim. But we don't know the "truth" yet in this case. imho of course.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The images have been analyzed, even by some of the ATS staff and "appear" to be artificial or.... Not natural. Now, appear and actual are very far apart but I will say based on my own opinion that these are one of the most interesting set of phenomenon I have seen in our solar system as of yet.

It could be ice or salt deposits but......... They really don't seem to be. That said, nobody really knows on Earth how Ice or salt deposits would present on a frozen rock that receives extremely small amounts of sunlight and energy to a camera floating in space.

Whatever it is, quite the mystery, for all of us!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If only the space observation equipment had smaller drones that could fly down take real time images then upload them to be transmitted then obtained-scanned & released for public viewing. Maybe in the future

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join