It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Sells Dead Baby Parts

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No. I don't. Thanks for trying to pigeon hole me into a strawman either/or thingy though.

However, partially aborting them and cutting their heads off to better faciliatate provision of fetal tissue is barbaric. Do you really think that's what some unfortunate, naive teens have in mind by "donation"?

Couseling or assisting young women in abortion and then turning around and trafficking in fetal tissue is scandalous and unethical. It's not rocket science.

Happy babystitting windword!

edit on 7/16/2015 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Did you read my post where I explained that my daughter was in the industry, and was often the post doc who went to pick up the fetus, and then extract the liver for biochemical genetic modifications. I know what goes on, and I'm not denying it.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

I'm just happy to see that so many other people see what I see. People like this tend to intimidate others into silence. Personally, I find it embarrassing to witness a person so enthralled with themselves.

Like a child, "I'm right and you're wrong because I say so - so there!"

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sergeant Stiletto

However, partially aborting them and cutting their heads off to better faciliatate provision of fetal tissue is barbaric. Do you really think that's what some unfortunate, naive teens have in mind by "donation"?

First of all, you're talking about late term abortions, which Planned Parenthood doesn't do. We're talking about 1st, possible early 2nd trimester fetuses.

Secondly, only about 1% of all abortions performed are late term abortions and are only done to save the life of a the mother. Usually the fetus is so sick that its distress is threatening the life of the mother. Late term abortion in the USA are NEVER done electively or on demand.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sergeant Stiletto

Couseling or assisting young women in abortion and then turning around and trafficking in fetal tissue is scandalous and unethical.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.

Happy babystitting windword!

This is a topic that I am genuinely passionate about. Sorry that passion doesn't match your course of expectation. But, if medical scientists were all off put by your "ick factor", I'm afraid that many of cures that we take for granted today wouldn't exist.

edit on 16-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Gosh a guy can't go to a late dinner with family around here. For your future reference my pronouns are typical for a human man ... he, his, him. Not that I think you care about that ... But there you go.

Now did you have anything to offer besides pontificating about your opinion of me and of "progressives" because for someone critiquing me for not submitting facts (which I have done thoughout both by common knowledge and specific references) your post is absolutely absent anything but political diatribe and personal commentary.

Did you have any actual thoughts on the topic, or not?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

"ick factor"

Such a cute turn of phrase for such a horror.

Sorry, your pseudo-polemics won't work on this, there is no way to couch the trading of fetal body parts, at cost or not, as acceptable or noble when we are talking about an organization that markets itself as championing women's issues.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's so sick to be justifying this exploitation of women and children, I'm out. Enjoy your wedge politics ATS.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Did you read my post where I explained that my daughter was in the industry, and was often the post doc who went to pick up the fetus, and then extract the liver for biochemical genetic modifications. I know what goes on, and I'm not denying it.

Despite the fact that the video admits it in both , and that PP came out and said as much, ill humor you here...

you THINK you know whats going on.........theres a difference.........

to assume that just because you have a second hand family member who , themselves MIGHT , not know whats going on , that youre up to par is the epitome of ignorance and assumptions
edit on 7/16/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
REPOSTING....and temporary closing this to allow things to cool...and for member to read this announcement.

ATTENTION!!!!

Whether you think this is total fabrication....or total truth....or somewhere in between....ATS requires both sides to post with respect and decorum.....You are responsible for your own posts.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Community Announcement re: Decorum

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

Reopening.....

edit on Thu Jul 16 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
So the thread is open again?
DT. closed it? Hmmm
Well I hope I don't get a warn for this, I think we have a forum here for all oppinions, and yes proper decorum is demanded. Please.
ATS rocks, mountains, boulders, rocks, pebbles.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Look. I don't need to watch a propaganda flick to know that there is a demand for fetal tissues and organs. We celebrated when the ban against embryonic stem cell research was lifted 6 years ago.

Obama ends embryonic stem cell research ban

You seem to be shocked to find out that fetal tissue is being used for scientific and medical research. I don't understand your outrage. I don't see how this practice is any different than organ transplants and people whose bodies are donated to science.

If embryonic stem cells can be used for good, what is the problem? Why would you be against something good coming from an abortion? Do you think that if this practice of utilizing donated fetal tissue for medical breakthroughs is stopped, abortions with stop?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'll just leave this here.

What Was Left Out Of The Planned Parenthood Video?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Good vid. Yeah, some of us have been posting about what was actually said this whole thread, but when has posting the TRUTH led to any "crusader" admitting to their mistakes? This hoax has legs now, among the sanctimonious, anti-choice crowd of controlling zealots.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It is amazing what people are willing to believe when it feeds into their personal biases and prejudices, no matter how ridiculous and preposterous it is.

I dont know who's worse, the people that didnt think it was a hoax...or the ones that knew it but tried to use it to justify their agenda.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Why must you post such hyperbole bordering on outright lies? What purpose does it serve? What "crusader" has mistakes to admit to?

The video is not a hoax, the only point you really have to argue is that PP isn't 'selling' the body parts, they are 'donating' them and charging a fee to cover their costs. Just admit that you are perfectly okay with it and then move on. It's legal.

But as others have already said, the lengths that some of you will go to in order to defend this practice and deny what is happening - is alarming.

I'm pro choice, but I don't deny that PP is a business and part of that business is selling - oooops - I mean, donating parts of the aborted human fetus' to biomedical companies. It's legal. But it's not something to be proud of, IMO.

And don't try and pretend any of this is being done by heroes who are doing it only for the benefit of mankind. It's all happening because A. there is a market for it and B. someone is making money off of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
It is amazing what people are willing to believe when it feeds into their personal biases and prejudices, no matter how ridiculous and preposterous it is.

I dont know who's worse, the people that didnt think it was a hoax...or the ones that knew it but tried to use it to justify their agenda.

How was it a hoax? PP admits to providing biomed companies with aborted tissue/parts.....What is my agenda? I am pro-choice. Are you going to try and tell me I'm not pro-choice because I refuse to sugarcoat the hard facts?
edit on 17-7-2015 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Look. I don't need to watch a propaganda flick to know that there is a demand for fetal tissues and organs. We celebrated when the ban against embryonic stem cell research was lifted 6 years ago.

Obama ends embryonic stem cell research ban

You seem to be shocked to find out that fetal tissue is being used for scientific and medical research. I don't understand your outrage. I don't see how this practice is any different than organ transplants and people whose bodies are donated to science.

If embryonic stem cells can be used for good, what is the problem? Why would you be against something good coming from an abortion? Do you think that if this practice of utilizing donated fetal tissue for medical breakthroughs is stopped, abortions with stop?

The only thing Obama ended was the ban on using federal (tax payer) money for stem cell research. Private stem cell research on aborted fetus' was already being done.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

The "hoax" part is that PP is coercing women into abortions so that they can make $$$ off their compromised situation. The "hoax" is that there is profit in PP's program of storing fetal tissue, for a fee of between $30 - $100. The fact is that, when fetal tissue is procured, hundred's of thousands of dollars, if not millions of dollars, are then employed through research grants and for profit pharmaceutical companies to pay for the study and procedures that those tissues and organs will be processed through, for the benefit of mankind.

The video is a "hit piece" meant to derail a win, after a hard fought battle for scientific progress, that plays on the emotions of people's "ick factor"; their revulsion to abortion and to attack women's reproductive rights.

edit on 17-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
planned parenthood has been accused to so much and as a result has been investigated more a great deal...
so, oh ya, they donate remains for MEDICAL RESEARCH....
so let's shut them down?? really? let's see, all the women there who are depending on them for their birth control can just find another resourse, or go without. if they go without though, there will probably be more people wanting abortions. so well, let's ban the abortions! ya.... only if you do that you just send the whole thing underground, where it's not regulated, and well, there's other kinds of industries that would probably be glad to take those remains off those back alley abortionist hands also. the video that was originally put out, in my opinion deliberately left out major parts of the discussion in an aim to make it sound like it was something it wasn't... that they were SELLING the remains. their goal in doing this is to cut down planned parenthood, as well as probably destroy a women's legal access to abortion. if they did this it wouldn't stop abortions, but it would create that black market for the remains that they are accusing planned parenthood of participating in!
so which is more preferable to you, that the fetal remains be used for medical research? or that you find it in your cosmetics, vaccines, or food? all of which according to what is online are using fetal remains......
coming from somewhere??
heck who knows, maybe they are being shipped in and are the waste product from china's one child policy!

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join