It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Sells Dead Baby Parts

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Right.

From the beginning I had my doubts because this was only being shown on conservative websites.

Now we see that this video was heavily edited in order to flame conservative passions.

We were all trolled.
edit on 17-7-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

The only thing Obama ended was the ban on using federal (tax payer) money for stem cell research. Private stem cell research on aborted fetus' was already being done.

Which meant that America's top Universities and medical facilities were extremely handicapped or forbidden to research, study or progress in their studies. Universities like UCLA, MAYO Clinic, John Hopkins or any medical university, public or private, that received federal research fund were affected by the ban.

edit on 17-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

As evidenced by this thread - this video has not changed anyone's opinion on the subject of abortion. And both sides are guilty of hyperbole when defending their positions. But still, this is not an outright hoax.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
What "crusader" has mistakes to admit to?

Any sanctimonious, anti-choice controlling zealots that have used this hoax video to go after Planned Parenthood and women's reproductive choices.

...the only point you really have to argue is that PP isn't 'selling' the body parts, they are 'donating' them and charging a fee to cover their costs.

That's the only point I AM arguing.

Just admit that you are perfectly okay with it and then move on.

I admit - I am perfectly OK with people donating their body tissue to research companies. I am perfectly OK with Planned Parenthood charging a minimal fee for administration, as many medical facilities do. I'll "move on" when I'm ready.

I'm pro choice, but I don't deny that PP is a business and part of that business is selling - oooops - I mean, donating parts of the aborted human fetus' to biomedical companies.

And you have a right to that opinion. To all your opinions. Millions donate body parts when they die. And there are fees paid by the research companies for administrative costs. Organ donation and research are not free.

LifeQuest Anatomical charges reasonable fees associated with the expense of providing services for the donor and their family to the medical programs LifeQuest Anatomical supports.
Source

It's humorous that people are only NOW upset with fees charged for tissue donation - because this right-wing, anti-abortion, hoax video told them to be.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
We were all trolled.

Not all of us.
My first post in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Privately donated funding was not banned. So no one was "forbidden to research, study or progress in their studies." I thought I made that pretty clear, but for some reason you felt the need to muddy the waters and make untrue statements.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm sorry that you fail to realize the far reaching consequences to the advancement of research and development of a study, when federal funding and oversight are barred.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

As evidenced by this thread - this video has not changed anyone's opinion on the subject of abortion. And both sides are guilty of hyperbole when defending their positions. But still, this is not an outright hoax.

It is actually. Read the full transcript.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm just glad that so many are seeing the total lack of objectivity and/or connection to reality that some of these posts display.

Opinions are not facts. Belief is not reality. There is a vital difference.

IF we COULD agree to make decisions on these very complicated matters STRICTLY based on the FACTS, we would be a heck of a lot closer to resolution.

AS LONG as one side is basing their beliefs on emotions rather than scientific, historical or sociological facts ... there will never be an acceptable resolution.

I'm glad we've gotten this far in understanding the facts of this particular "matter."

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'm sorry that you fail to realize the far reaching consequences to the advancement of research and development of a study, when federal funding and oversight are barred.

No one stopped Susan G. Komen or some other big money cancer charity from funding the research. Isn't that what they are supposed to be doing with the hundreds of millions being donated to them every year? Why not bother them

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

unfortunately, it's next to impossible to find the truth with so many lies flying around. and well decisions based on lies are just about destined to end in disaster. but well, let's keep on keeping one, it's more important to win elections than it is to actually solve anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

How about you provide some facts/links of the tremendous breakthroughs in fetal liver stem cell research and development, by private research facilities in the USA, during the federal ban on fetal stem cell research under the Bush administration's pro-life agenda?

edit on 17-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

How about you provide some facts/links of the tremendous breakthroughs in fetal liver stem cell research and development, by private research facilities in the USA, during the federal ban on fetal stem cell research under the Bush administration's pro-life agenda?

Why? When did I ever make any such claims? What is the problem with some of you? Are you incapable of staying on topic?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I know it seems that way, and I know that this topic is incredibly emotional for all of us. The only way I know how to deal with such things is to take an almost scientific view of the situation. It is virtually impossible that I would be in a situation where a decision had to be made, but I can tell you, in the past, being there to support friends ... NO ONE has an abortion lightly, and those who choose to visciously suggest that any woman who has an abortion is a murderer and heartless ... is either utterly ignorant of the REALITY of such situations, or an absolute LIAR. I realize that is a dichotomy, but in this case, it is either/or.

It would be so relatively easy to slash the number of abortions each year by education, free contraception, and greater support systems for unwanted children. In fact, it is because I see virtually NONE of those reasonable provisions EVER suggested on the "pro-life" side that I have built the BELIEF that in general, there is no concern for life, there is only concern for CONTROLLING WOMEN and DEVALUING THEIR PERSONAL RIGHTS.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: grey580

Good vid. Yeah, some of us have been posting about what was actually said this whole thread, but when has posting the TRUTH led to any "crusader" admitting to their mistakes? This hoax has legs now, among the sanctimonious, anti-choice crowd of controlling zealots.

Exactly. And that's a damn shame, but it's the way it is in this country today. It's pretty sad. And even sadder is they don't even realize they're in the vast minority.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

No one stopped Susan G. Komen or some other big money cancer charity from funding the research.

How about you prove this ^^^ statement, and your insinuation that Susan G. Komen was funding research and development for study fetal stem cells during the federal ban.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I didn't say that Susan G Komen Foundation was funding research - I said "no one stopped" them from funding it. OMG, this is painful.....Why are you trying to make me prove something I never claimed?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
It is amazing what people are willing to believe when it feeds into their personal biases and prejudices, no matter how ridiculous and preposterous it is.

I dont know who's worse, the people that didnt think it was a hoax...or the ones that knew it but tried to use it to justify their agenda.

How was it a hoax? PP admits to providing biomed companies with aborted tissue/parts.....What is my agenda? I am pro-choice. Are you going to try and tell me I'm not pro-choice because I refuse to sugarcoat the hard facts?

Exhibit "A", ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

No one stopped Susan G. Komen or some other big money cancer charity from funding the research. Isn't that what they are supposed to be doing with the hundreds of millions being donated to them every year?

The pittance that Planned Parenthood receives for the storage, transportation and handling of the tissue does not go to "fund the research". It goes toward the storage, transportation and handling of the tissue. Problem is, the research companies can't do SQUAT without the organs and tissue donated by the public.

Is your position that you don't support the whole idea of organ and human tissue donation for research into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, cancer, etc.?

Great strides have been made in medical research using both normal and diseased human tissue to advance diagnoses, therapies and cures. Human tissue has proven to be much more relevant than animal models in studying human disease. As scientists get closer to identifying genes and potentially finding cures for many human diseases, donation to benefit research is critical. Through anatomical donation upon death, or the donation of tissues removed during surgery, you can help save lives by providing a means to the end of these diseases.

FACTS about Organ and Tissue Donation for Research
edit on 7/17/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
...there is no concern for life, there is only concern for CONTROLLING WOMEN and DEVALUING THEIR PERSONAL RIGHTS.

Hear! Hear! As I said earlier in the thread, When is the political right going to learn that you can't look at a woman as a conglomeration of body parts and functions, to be separated, analyzed and manipulated; but as a whole, autonomous human being with the brains and guts to make decisions about her own life?

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join