It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4000 years of history wiped out by five SCOTUS Judges

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
No one even noticed or replied to the fact that God GAVE men and women OVER TO Homosexuality as found in Romans 1.

Yes, yes, yes.....

And, epilepsy, birth defects and birth marks are signs of demon possession.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

We don't hate god.
God doesn't have a religion btw I bet she hates it.
But yeah it isn't just about the USA is it? what about the other countrys who have made it legal? what about Ireland who voted for it?.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Well you see God said in Psalm 12 6,7 that he would preserve his word to all generations. So there is one Bible out there that has the truth and it will show forth the hand of God in it. But you don't believe that. At the judgement no man reading these posts will have an excuse or accusation against me or God.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You're afraid to answer my posts, aren't you? You have ignored every one.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Try the result of sin nature upon all flesh brought in by a devil.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

dude I haven't been able to read most of the post or reply post on this thread are flying

But know I have answered you just don't like the answers

edit on 10-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

a reply to: grimpachi

we Christians don't look as women that way but Islam does as a matter of fact the laws of Hammurabi were indeed plagiarized by the quran and the hadiths

Sorry, the bible is full of scripture that treats woman as property.

Or are you one of those that ignore the old testament?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am taking a break have fun I want to read some other thread for a while and get a clear head.

Hot topic to say the least.

link   

The only historical fact is that all of those places no longer exist...the United States does.

And i trust in God that laws that actively protect people will contribute to the longevity of this society.

So...convincing me that stripping people of a right the highest court in this land has now determined that they have is good or just because of what a foreign law code of a dead society says is quite impossible. That sounds like the path to death, honestly.
edit on 10-7-2015 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

link   

No point is there?
No point because you are that warped into your religion and have for some reason cherry picked through your book to justify your obvious bigotry.
Shame really it is rare on ATS that a Christian acts like Christ, there are some and you are duly noted and I tip my hat to you.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

only for abd by those nations before Israel and for Israel.

Learn to rightly divide the scriptures and you will see Christians don't treat women as property. They are considered to be one with their husbands and are like their husbands to be submissive one to another.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The point of marriage is an ideal, do you see a chimpanzee marrying another chimpanzee and making rules, not really. The point is ownership and name it as something idealistic. In Sweden we get married cause of the practicality of it when having children, no ideals, just a law binding declaration when I die everything goes to my family to raise my children. Not your ideal of man and woman. But our culture is a lot older than we make official, cause if you knew what a swede is you would only wonder what we are.
edit on 10-7-2015 by Temudjiin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

more likely you are warped by sin.= and given over just as it says in Romans 1.

But find historical documentation that shows marriage between sexes before the 20th century and I will read on and reply.

Off to another thread for a few.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I guess we have to throw out the US Constitution and go back to the Hammurabi Code of Laws... that'll learn the gays for sure.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Try the result of sin nature upon all flesh brought in by a devil.

So............demon possession then? A curse? How is the "homosexual curse" any different than the "left handedness curse" or the curse of "torch people" who are natural seers and must be burned or drowned, or scary scary albinos?

You can't expect our law to be written around such superstition and nonsense, can you?

link   
I find it interesting that a Christian is endorsing laws brought down by Babylonian gods. Weren't they the ones your god was warring with in the OT? They seem to share a few commonalities between them looking back now.

link   

a reply to: MrSpad

there is no known tomb for Hammurabi he just disappears form history. Why because he was killed during a battle north of todays Damascus. His body was never recovered and returned home for burial. As far as he having male lovers still proves that marriage was not between men and men but male and female as those laws state.

Briefly at that point in time in Mesopotamia. However we know that did not last long (if at all as the code does not forbid gay marriage) as King had rules for both the women and men the married. And of course gay marriage was happening in other places at the time. And after the that time as well. Even in early Christianity. Now, what does that tell you about the history of gay marriage? Not that it is new but, that it is as old as marriage itself.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A couple of points:

This shows us who is the most oppressed group in history: woman

Also, I always point out to religious traditionalists the fact that we have to have change and even God must understand that because if we didn’t it would still be legal to have slaves

NONE of the big three western religions abolished slavery by scripture

Slavery was so ingrained in pre-modern society that It would have been impossible to abolish back then

Only the experiential reality of modernity on levels of ethics and common sense allowed for humanity to finally in theory abolish slavery

ALTHOUGH it still exists in the world on a large scale

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wow you guys are still on this.. i think places in the Middle east still believe like that, i'm sure you would be more than welcome there..

here is the thing, your religion is not Law, it's a belief system that doesn't control everyone..it's not above the law and not everyone believes in it.. so why you have every right to it and your beliefs, this is a argument that has no Merit

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I read in National Geographic that the Greeks encouraged soldiers to be gay because they thought they would fight harder to protect each other.

Anyways, this post is ridiculous. Ancient people did a lot of things we no longer do today, like monarchy, slavery, and polygamy just to name a few.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join