It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4000 years of history wiped out by five SCOTUS Judges

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

If a man's wife

was there at least any
If a Woman's Husband....laws?

yes there were but the Mod edited the original OP to only have about 4 of the laws available.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So post those laws that pertain to a "woman's husband", that were too many for the OP, now, so that we can read them too.

Thanx

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: ChesterJohn

History of Same Sex Marriage. And this is just wikipedia, there is more evidence of same sex marriage in the ancient world.

Much of that is Pederasty. Which is funny because if a detractor brings up pederasty when talking about same sex marriage it's homophobic, but supporters can do it when it's convenient I suppose ....

The word pederasty derives from Greek (paiderastia) "love of boys"

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Darth_Prime

First you have to prove that marriage is a right and that was not done. two of the SCOTUS who opposed it have said it was not a right that needed protection of the constitution and despite the evidence the other five decided they know better than all others.

No, you don't need to prove that at all. In fact rights are completely irrelevant. You have the right to free speech but there are restrictions on that right. The same goes for owning a weapon, being free from the search and seizure of documents, and many other things.

What the court ruled, is consistent with the 14th amendment. The government is not allowed to have discriminatory practices due to everyone having equal protection under the law. Because there are numerous legal and financial benefits attached to marriage it becomes a violation of the law to deny these benefits to same sex couples. For example, prior to this ruling there was no marital communications privilege for George Takei and Brad Altman if it were to ever be required in a court proceeding. That is not equal protection under the law.

The ruling simply states that the government must provide marriage licenses (and the benefits associated with it) in a non discriminatory fashion.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Who cares? For petes sake, just deal with it, already. Who CARES???? Love is beautiful and I am still gobsmacked that a few closed minded people are still bawing about marriage equality. What a THING to hate and judge over, love. What a THING. I can't EVEN.

You know, I have 'can't even' so much the past few weeks I am about out of cants TO even, any more. Why can't people just realize we are all freakin' human, we all love, want happiness, good health, to stop violence and war, have peace, be able to work and live instead of live to work, we want to have joy, bring joy to others, we all get ill, we all hurt, we all cry, we all get mad, we all
have
opinions.

How HARD is it to freakin' respect opinions? Even if they differ from your own, who cares? The person who holds their opinion, is correct because to them, it is truth. The RIGHT minded human will listen to and talk with the other who has differing opinions and LISTEN, maybe end up seeing eye to eye from 1% to 100%. But to attack others for wanting their happiness or way of life just because it's different from your own?

That is wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

1. How in the world does same sex marriage personally effect you? Not mentally but physically? How does it effect your job, your life, your oxygen, your ability to love your spouse, or your kids, etc? It doesn't.

2 Do you honestly believe that by spewing rage and 'thou shalt not's, that everyone will suddenly go O_O oh gosh, that's so right, let's get rid of marriage equality and it'll be great with some people being denied and segregated.

cuz that's what it is, segregation. Who cares who another human, fellow human, chooses to kiss or enjoy intimacies with? Who cares what gender they believe they are? Who cares if one wants to change their sex to fit their gender (because everyone knows that ones sex is between their legs while their gender is between their ears).

Seriously. Let humans be humans. If it's not causing you bodily harm, there IS no harm.

This Age of the Offended needs to STOP YESTERDAY. Everyone is acting like big old babies. I speak about USA when I say this is not the Land of the Free, but the Home of the Butthurt Babies. Wah wah, not getting our way, wah wah, that person is kissing someone of the same sex, im not into that so you can't be either. Wah wah, wah wah, make them stop. If I force Bible verses onto them, they'll suddenly stop and be attracted and in love with the opposite sex. Wah wah, why do they dare get equal rights to dare love another person? Wah wah.

If you all hate this so much, the only options of places you have to move to is Isis Country, Italy, and I don't know where else. Most of the developed Countries have legalized marriage equality 15 years ago and onward. Usa is one of the last to do so.

And there are 6000 religions in the world. Some are full of hate like the radicals of Islam, the radicals of Christianity (and I call anyone who is against freedom to love , I call them radicals also. Because only a black hearted individual who is sad and angry would despise love.

just PUTTING that out there.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Marriage it would seem has been between one man and one woman as indicated by the Code of Law established by Hammurabi.

No nations but the current ones has ever legalized marriage between the same sex.

so 4000 plus years of historical tradition is over thrown by five liberal SCOTUS judges without regard to the historical tradition.

Once upon a time it was "historical tradition" to own slaves, deny women the right to vote, arrest homosexuals, use a Cavalry in War (up until the 1940's), Dueling, human sacrifice, arrest people with "unsightly disabilities" (up until the 1970's), and of course the list goes on and on and on.

The fact that something is "tradition" does not by default make it right. At this point, I find marriage as a whole to be an antiquated idea that simply makes no sense in today's world. Let's break it down for simplicity.... if you want to be with someone, you go to the State and ask permission to do so. If you choose to no longer be with that person, you must them again go to the State and ask permission to separate. The bottom line is, it has become stupid.

If you ever wanted to end the debate of same sex marriage, it would be VERY easy to do so..... STOP giving married people benefits for being married!! Cut out the tax breaks. Cut out the red tape nonsense with insurance. Allow ALL loved ones to see people in hospitals. Allow people to leave whatever they want to whomever they want when they die. Do that, and you end the debate over same sex marriage overnight.

Personally, I don't see why anyone actually cares. What two other people do with one another has absolutely ZERO effect on your day to day life.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join