It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4000 years of history wiped out by five SCOTUS Judges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The oldest Codex of Law is the Hammurabi Code of law written about 600 years before the of Moses.

It would also seem under the Hammurabi Code of Laws that marriage was between a man and a woman. we can see this in the fact that no marriage between same sex was mentioned and wife is always presented as a her which is a female of the species. Her and Him are gneder specifics of the law. These laws were also copied by the Quran and the Hadiths

eawc.evansville.edu...
129. If a man's wife be caught lying with another, they shall be strangled and cast into the water. If the wife's husband would save his wife, the king can save his servant.

130. If a man has ravished another's betrothed wife, who is a virgin, while still living in her father's house, and has been caught in the act, that man shall be put to death; the woman shall go free.

131. If a man's wife has been accused by her husband, and has not been caught lying with another, she shall swear her innocence, and return to her house.

132. If a man's wife has the finger pointed at her on account of another, but has not been caught lying with him, for her husband's sake she shall plunge into the sacred river.

edit on Fri Jul 10 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed huge quote, added proper external quote tags, added source

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Marriage it would seem has been between one man and one woman as indicated by the Code of Law established by Hammurabi.

No nations but the current ones has ever legalized marriage between the same sex.

so 4000 plus years of historical tradition is over thrown by five liberal SCOTUS judges without regard to the historical tradition.

edit on 10-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Its been the United Apostates of America for a while they are just dotting i's and crossing t's now .

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Good luck you are going to need this.........

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's about time.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Chief you are always on point

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

U.S. And Ireland

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

so 4000 plus years of historical tradition is over thrown by five liberal SCOTUS judges without regard to the historical tradition.

Reading those ridiculous and antiquated rules Im glad that whatever you think happened has happend.

My favorites are because the punishment is exactly the same, or not:

Joke law number 129: If a woman cheats she is choked and thrown into the water.
Joke law number 154: If a man cheats he gets banished from the city.

Enjoy living in the dark ages if you agree with them.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

they are indeed antiquated but what is the point is a wife is female and husband is male.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Greathouse

Chief you are always on point

I was just thinking your position is guaranteed to draw flames . Personally I look at it completely differently than you but I support your right to challenge the issue .

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I sure am happy that I don't live in ancient Mesopotamia...Those laws would have meaning, then.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What great moral standards those rules present! Drowning women, choking them, and enslaving them!

If this is what we have gotten rid of then good riddance! We could do with less domestic abuse.
edit on 7/10/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

they are indeed antiquated but what is the point is a wife is female and husband is male.

That is their belief system or your belief system but that doesnt make it any more or less valid than what someone else belives, it just makes it different.

If two people that love each other want to get married, have at it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

the point being the oldest laws reflect that marriage is between one man and one woman.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

This is AWESOME..thanks for the fun research topic!!!

HERE is the 2nd law of Hammurabi's Code of Laws

2. If any one bring an accusation against a man, and the accused go to the river and leap into the river, if he sink in the river his accuser shall take possession of his house. But if the river prove that the accused is not guilty, and he escape unhurt, then he who had brought the accusation shall be put to death, while he who leaped into the river shall take possession of the house that had belonged to his accuser.

eawc.evansville.edu...

Ahhh...the good ole days!!

And I kid you not...this is the introductory to the laws...

When Anu the Sublime, King of the Anunaki, and Bel, the lord of Heaven and earth, who decreed the fate of the land, assigned to Marduk, the over-ruling son of Ea, God of righteousness, dominion over earthly man, and made him great among the Igigi, they called Babylon by his illustrious name, made it great on earth, and founded an everlasting kingdom in it, whose foundations are laid so solidly as those of heaven and earth; then Anu and Bel called by name me, Hammurabi, the exalted prince, who feared God, to bring about the rule of righteousness in the land, to destroy the wicked and the evil-doers; so that the strong should not harm the weak; so that I should rule over the black-headed people like Shamash, and enlighten the land, to further the well-being of mankind.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

in ancient times marriage was not about love it was for family lines and finance. Love often came later as in those days marriages were arraigned.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

History of Same Sex Marriage. And this is just wikipedia, there is more evidence of same sex marriage in the ancient world.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Imagine the world 4k years ago, compare that to today.

Regards,

-someone who keeps to traditions that actually are still applicable to the world today

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

so - you want to cherry pick the gender definitions from a set of laws that advocate capital punishment for adultry

got you

and you wonder why no one takes you seriously ????????????????

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I was challenged in a earlier thread to find the oldest documents that mentioned marriage. And so far these are the oldest.

they are bizarre but what it does indicate is that marriage was between one man and one woman as far back as recorded history can show. Even the Bible the next oldest historical document also supports this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join