It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4000 years of history wiped out by five SCOTUS Judges

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So why does the 14th amendment only apply to marriage?

Hell I can think of another group whose 14th amendment rights have been violated for over 80 years.

Without so much as a care in the world.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Guess it only applies to 'marriage'.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

I never said there was no homosexuality in the ancient world my friend do you always read something not there into a post?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

For all I know Rome And Babylonia collapsed and died because same sex marriage was treated as a crime.

Now tell this new theory to English puritan historian Edward Gibbon.

You can't comprehend one thing there wasn't such legal status as "same sex marriage". As of Rome they were quite tolerable to the existence of homosexuality, it wasn't punishable.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Indigo5

I was challenged in a earlier thread to find the oldest documents that mentioned marriage. And so far these are the oldest.

they are bizarre but what it does indicate is that marriage was between one man and one woman as far back as recorded history can show. Even the Bible the next oldest historical document also supports this.

It is ironic you chose a law written by a man who had homosexual lovers. And Gay marriage went on all through ancient times. A simple example is from 2600 BC a burial tomb for 2 men Niankhkhunum and Khnumhotep declares them joined in life and death and depicts them nude and embracing. The first recorded gay public marriage ceremony we have record of comes from ancient Egypt in 1850 BC between two women, the high priestesses of Sekhmet and Bast. And man just a little bit of looking will show gay marriage all though history. So no the SCOTUS did not wipe 4000 years of history, the in fact continued a 5000 year old tradition. And the Bible is not close to being the next oldest document any more than code is the oldest.

And what some traditional Christians would be shocked to know is homosexual marriages occurred in the early church. In 342 Christian Roman Emperors created laws that when two men were married had to be married as equals and if one took a passive role he would be burned. The law basically did not want men lowering themselves to act like women when married.

Kind of makes people who talk about traditional marriage look like they have no idea what tradition is.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I'm reinforcing you Ham biblical story with another example.

The opponents trying to say that "homosexuality existed" equals to "same sex marriage", which is a lie.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
After looking at some of those "codes", I agree with ChesterJohn.

I think we should look up to Hammurabi's code of laws as how a country should be run.

Look at this law:

"If any one bring an accusation against a man, and the accused go to the river and leap into the river, if he sink in the river his accuser shall take possession of his house. But if the river prove that the accused is not guilty, and he escape unhurt, then he who had brought the accusation shall be put to death, while he who leaped into the river shall take possession of the house that had belonged to his accuser."

Now that's how a country should be run!

Obviously Hammurabi was a wise man when he created these codes. So let's ban same-sex marriage, Hammurabi knew what he was doing.

This country is too liberal, let's bring back crucifixion and slavery. Specially slavery because that's tradition.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to:tothetenthpower

did you know Hammurabi was killed during one of his raids into Canaan?

He was also known as Chedorlaomer king of Elam. He and five other king went into Sodom and took everyone captive while the king of Sodom (what a title, I laugh every time I hear it) was at war in another region.

Can you guess who killed him and the other kings with him?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: danielsil18

don't be so silly.

I do not agree with these laws.

However, it does lay forth the truth that Marriage has historically been between one woman on one man and that is the Point.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So why does the 14th amendment only apply to marriage?

Hell I can think of another group whose 14th amendment rights have been violated for over 80 years.

Who? It doesn't apply only to marriage. It applies to all state laws.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

there is no known tomb for Hammurabi he just disappears form history. Why because he was killed during a battle north of todays Damascus. His body was never recovered and returned home for burial. As far as he having male lovers still proves that marriage was not between men and men but male and female as those laws state.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Just because a certain collection of people were homophobic, that doesn't mean that the whole ancient world was.

Evidence exists that same-sex marriages were tolerated in parts of Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt. Artifacts from Egypt, for example, show that same-sex relationships not only existed, but the discovery of a pharaonic tomb for such a couple shows their union was recognized by the kingdom. Meanwhile, accounts of the Israelites’ departure for Canaan include their condemnation of Egyptian acceptance of same-sex practice. In actuality, same-sex marital practices and rituals are less known in Egypt compared to Mesopotamia, where documents exist for a variety of marital practices, including male lovers of kings and polyandry. None of the recorded laws of Mesopotamia, including the Code of Hammurabi, contain restrictions against same-sex unions despite the fact that marriages are otherwise well regulated (Eskridge).
www.randomhistory.com...

Sappho, a poet from the island of Lesbos, wrote many love poems addressed to women and girls. The love in these poems is sometimes requited, and sometimes not. Sappho is thought to have written close to 12,000 lines of poetry on her love for other women.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

again please produce the documentation not hear say but actual documents from Rome.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

we never said anything about homo phobic nor denied homosexuality existed. We are establishing the fact that history shows that Marriage has been from ancient times between one man and one woman as shown in the gender based words that were interpreted.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

But what do any of these places have to do with the United States and its Laws?

In the United States same sex marriage is protected...whatever these other places did is irrelevant.
edit on 10-7-2015 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

the truth that Marriage has historically been between one woman on one man and that is the Point.

and?

Slavery was also tradition. Should we bring back slavery?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

the US allows it and protect it when no other nation outside of modern times (the 20th century) ever declared that marriage can be between two people of the same sex.

ALL historical laws by all nations until the 20ty century declared an understood marriage is between one man and one woman, that it was created by God in the beginning, and it was later supported by Paul to help keep people from the sin of fornication and adultery.

edit on 10-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
We are establishing the fact that history shows that Marriage has been from ancient times between one man and one woman as shown in the gender based words that were interpreted.

You have not established that "fact" at all. You ignored my post here, showing that making same sex ILLEGAL in the US happened as recently as 1973:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, before it was ILLEGAL, it was what? LEGAL!

link   

Prove to me it was made by God.

link   
a reply to: danielsil18

Marriage being between one man and one woman has nothing to do with slavery.

Unless you believe marriage is a form of slavery?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

But what do any of these places have to do with the United States and its Laws?

In the United States same sex marriage has protected...whatever these other places did is irrelevant.

I'm not arguing that you need to live by Hammurabi laws lol

I'm simply saying that all talks about "same sex marriage" in the past is Bulls$it, it never existed. And all modern articles trying to say otherwise are just lies. They substitute existed phenomenon of homosexuality with the word marriage and thus falsifying the history.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join