It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush's idea to improve economy- "people need to work longer hours"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
GREAT! Just what America needs!
(sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328
I want the freedom to work longer hours, but not a mandate or entitlement.

Anyways, I'll never vote for Jeb. Why? FCAT. Google it if you must.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Jeb Bush really put his foot in his mouth. They're trying to backtrack saying this was about part time workers, but I don't think they can hide the real GOP sentiment- us peons have it too good and we need to work more, pay more taxes and spend less time on frivolous things like families, internet and healthcare.

www.yahoo.com...

Dude, really lazy posting. Just a link no bit of the article? Put some work into it like Jeb bush said.
Work longer and harder,
like 3 min on your post so it's actually consumable...
No flag for you sir.
edit on 10-7-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm all for entrepreneurship but despite the well meaning blabbering common to stump speeches by politicians on the right and the left, small businesses do not actually drive job creation. It's a myth and a dangerously deluded one at that.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm all for entrepreneurship but despite the well meaning blabbering common to stump speeches by politicians on the right and the left, small businesses do not actually drive job creation. It's a myth and a dangerously deluded one at that.

But you have concerned yourself with the driving agenda. Honestly my preference would be to driving myself .

Maybe it's just me but I'm not worried about anyone else's opinion. I prefer to advance myself and those that help me .
edit on 10-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I watch these threads pop up lately. I have tried to refrain from commenting but I finally feel the need to .

I would just like to ask what is wrong with working longer hours? Is the only way to succeed and not just exist?

I enjoy chilling and playing games, swimming fishing etc...life should not be lived as a slave.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I enjoy that too . That was one of my main reasons for being retired by the time I was 50.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AbstractDreamz

originally posted by: FalafelBallz

I watch these threads pop up lately. I have tried to refrain from commenting but I finally feel the need to .

I would just like to ask what is wrong with working longer hours? Is the only way to succeed and not just exist?

Stagnant wages, longer hours... Yeah, what's wrong with that?

What I see by your reply is that you are locked into the herd mentality of just plodding along . You do realize that you could start your own business don't you? If you're going to work long hours don't do it for someone else do it for yourself .

Exactly. I actually do both and have for the past year or so, but it's absolutely true that the harder you work, the more money you will make. It may not come overnight, but someone will notice your effort. I started my business for less than $500.00 and had 6 figures in sales last year. After taxes and putting what I had back into the business ,I don't have much left from that, but hard work, long hours do pay off.

Jeb Bush is unelectable IMO, so who cares what he says.

I have such disdain for Bush he is completely immaterial to my opinion in this thread .

It just dishearten's me to see a younger generation giving up. I applaud what you have done and the hard work you put into your business . I'm sure by now you have come to realize that there is much more hard work ahead and your payoff is at the end .

Many of the younger people have not yet realized that hard work does not equal instant gratification . Hard work equals hard work your payoff is later.

yes us younger people should work longer hours so the generations above us can retire while our ability to retire is hopeless. We should also work hard with longer hours considering how hard the retiring generation had it economically with the majority of their professional lives spent in the 80's and 90's lol a terrible time with plenty of jobs and decent wages. Lets not pay attention to the fact that their generation is the one who ran this country into the ground no we need to pick up their mess because they are checking out.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wealthy people typically don't make money so they can afford to be lazy. Studies I've seen show it's the opposite. They make money as a byproduct of having a constant work routine.They cannot be lazy, basically! They work when they have all the money in hte world. This is why they're so valuable. Unlike others, lots of money won't short their fuse.

I make a distinction between successful wealthy people and wealthy people. It's the successful people who display this trait. However, since wealthy people tend to be wealthy BECAUSE they have htis trait, it's indicative. But some wealthy people inherited it or got a big break and are just existing on it. Some of them will die young, others go into obscurity.

It's the difference between living to work and working to live. These people live to work. Only extreme disability can stop them.

People who make less money don't have an absence of justice but an absence of the same amount of self-motivation as the rich. By capping the maximum wage or taxing the rich you're not being lawful you're penalizing people who live to work. Don't they deserve extra credit? They might be motivated even if they're drowning in money, but they operate on the same reward mechanism as anybody else. They want their extra work to be recognized, not made equal to someone who works less.
edit on 10-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Cool story Ayn Rand. What's that got to do with a guy who wants to President of the United States saying that the answer to our collective employment woes is to work more hours?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Cool story Ayn Rand. What's that got to do with a guy who wants to President of the United States saying that the answer to our collective employment woes is to work more hours?

Cool deflection Anita Bryant .

But I never stated any such thing. In fact I assume I was a couple steps ahead of you thinking laterally . But if you want to critically think yourself into the doldrums have at it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Bigmouth Scumbag Politicians just want us to pay more taxes so they can line their pockets and Squander.

They should be dreaming every way they can to line all our pockets for less work so they can keep their jobs

link   

Americans are already "working longer hours" on average than anyone else and productivity has doubled in the last 40 years as real wages have remained static.

How much more can you squeeze from this stone??

link   
a reply to: CB328

They want Clinton in the White House.

There's not enough work so the people who actually do get to work should work more hours.

Idiots.

Clearly college has done nothing for us.
edit on 7/10/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

You probably should've read ahead before you made that comment . As is evident that if you don't fire off a knee-jerk reaction to someone you don't like's first post .

You would see what my position is that.............

How much more can you squeeze from this stone??

You only consider yourself a "stone". If you don't have the "stones" to step up and not follow the status quo . That in all probability you will be rewarded .

But if you fail yourself and don't have any drive your reality is etched in "Stone."

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The work-force for the most part is a deception within itself. Slave away a good portion of your life doing something you will usually hate for a sum of money that has no intrinsic value, all while those driving the whips at the top live lives of luxury while you're at the bottom scraping food off the bottom of the barrel barely scraping by and doing the majority of the work FOR them.

We basically sell our lives away so that the few at the top can benefit the most off of us. It's a screwed up system from top to bottom and was always meant to be that way.

I guess that's why you get an education and get into a career you can at least tolerate, or start a business?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1

originally posted by: AbstractDreamz

originally posted by: FalafelBallz

Stagnant wages, longer hours... Yeah, what's wrong with that?

What I see by your reply is that you are locked into the herd mentality of just plodding along . You do realize that you could start your own business don't you? If you're going to work long hours don't do it for someone else do it for yourself .

Exactly. I actually do both and have for the past year or so, but it's absolutely true that the harder you work, the more money you will make. It may not come overnight, but someone will notice your effort. I started my business for less than $500.00 and had 6 figures in sales last year. After taxes and putting what I had back into the business ,I don't have much left from that, but hard work, long hours do pay off.

Jeb Bush is unelectable IMO, so who cares what he says.

I have such disdain for Bush he is completely immaterial to my opinion in this thread .

It just dishearten's me to see a younger generation giving up. I applaud what you have done and the hard work you put into your business . I'm sure by now you have come to realize that there is much more hard work ahead and your payoff is at the end .

Many of the younger people have not yet realized that hard work does not equal instant gratification . Hard work equals hard work your payoff is later.

yes us younger people should work longer hours so the generations above us can retire while our ability to retire is hopeless. We should also work hard with longer hours considering how hard the retiring generation had it economically with the majority of their professional lives spent in the 80's and 90's lol a terrible time with plenty of jobs and decent wages. Lets not pay attention to the fact that their generation is the one who ran this country into the ground no we need to pick up their mess because they are checking out.

Oh stop whining.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
My solution is slowly building towards self-reliance. That's my progression at the moment. Unfortunately there are several laws in several states making sure if I want to do that I cannot do it in the middle of a population.

I guess it's because "they" built it (even though it was the laborers that actually built it long before their time).

It's honestly getting to the point that there is so much cheap illegal labor in the US, other countries are looking a whole lot more savvy for living, at least the way I would like to.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

What in the world are you on about ?

You have no problem seeing another Bush in office.

Very disturbing

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Americans who have jobs already do this. When computers were first coming on the scene, to quell people's fears of losing jobs to machines, they dangled the carrot of "just think how nice it will be to have a 4-day work week." That reality became a 6- or 7-day work week. The quality of life in the U.S. has become crap.

Like brother, like brother.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join